Multiple GTs

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I am sure that has been explored before but I thought I might get a current count. How many of you are mulitple GT owners? ie have more than one GT now--not have bought several over time.

I typically keep 2-3 Vipers and just recently got into GTs and am getting the bug for a second.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I am a two car owner:banana

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
And likely 90% were sold out of Arkansas :)

H

HHGT

Damn... You are on the ball...

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I also have 2 GTs. Both were bought here in Canada and our Canadian spec cars.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
At least for now....

.....until Shelby sells the blue TT GT, our El Presidente DBK has 2 GTs as well.

Chip

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
2 here.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I suspect you would be hard pressed to find many other marques where folks own more than 1 of the same model. Speaks to the passion surrounding the GT. I owned 2 for some time. Hated to part with the second.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I suspect you would be hard pressed to find many other marques where folks own more than 1 of the same model. Speaks to the passion surrounding the GT. I owned 2 for some time. Hated to part with the second.

You'd be surprised. Although it is apples and oranges in terms of price, (which makes a big difference) in Viperworld there are is crazy passion. One husband/wife team own 30, I knew a guy who had one for each year. I have had 7 and 4 at once. Of course with Vipers it is true (or fools) passion given the depreciation the minute you drive off the lot. GTs are a big hit up front but at least they hold value.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
There's a Forum member who lives close by who has one in every color. He'll remain nameless unless he chooses to chime in here but he's a great guy with a great collection of not only Ford GTs but also other Fords, Mopars and who knows what else.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
Suggest the forum to him!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
AZGT, Larry and Debbie own two GTs as well.

Chip

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It is a little confusing, Shadowman seems to have a garage full of FGTs, but doesn't even own one! :confused

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I currently own 7 GTs, and if a current deal I have working goes through, I will own 6 more by next week! :)
Oh, but they will be FOR SALE! :)

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
There's a Forum member who lives close by who has one in every color. He'll remain nameless unless he chooses to chime in here but he's a great guy with a great collection of not only Ford GTs but also other Fords, Mopars and who knows what else.

I will confirm that - as he had ordered mats for each one a few years back!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
He is here.

Suggest the forum to him!

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I currently own 7 GTs, and if a current deal I have working goes through, I will own 6 more by next week! :)

Oh, but they will be FOR SALE! :)

I am starting to feel like Shelby's straight man. I lob the softball and....whack. He thinks he is gonna sucker me into another one but I am going to wait for a ragged out blue GT on ebay or from some dealer that specializes in Vettes that goes for $125,000 :)

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
I have two......But Ford says I'm only allowed to drive one of them!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The guys from Spain who attended Rally I have one of each color as well. Don't know if they still have them since we haven't heard from them in quite a while. I think perhaps unless you want others to know, we should not be listing other peoples autos for them. KJD has the right thought. I certainly think divorce lawyers might like this thread.

AZSTAD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 4, 2008
Arizona
Owned 2 for about 6 months. I'm on a mission to join the ranks of Tim Cantwell and others on this thread again. 3-4 is my long term goal. But I'm not complaining that "I only get one"! =)