Motor City Masters Finale Party - August 26th, 2014!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Congratulations Camilo – :thumbsup :thumbsup

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I really liked camilos front and rear better. The hood on the other car reminded me of the modded hoods when they put a big carb or supercharger. It didn't work for me. Camilos also had a hint of the stingray front that was mentioned earlier but seemed to not be an issue as time passes. Again I think the best looking car won

Agree. That shaker scoop had me worried though.

Is there a new red Z-28 for sale?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Is there a new red Z-28 for sale?

As soon as they give it up. :lol

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
WOW -- a great win and awarded to the BEST Designer...!

Thanks again Dave and Francessca for hosting all of us at the ICONIC Garage.
...and having the 'Celebs' ..Jean, Darby and Camilo in attendance....the champagne toast was fitting.

Now we need another 'excuse ' to meet at the garage on Tuesday nights. :):)
andy (ajb)

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Great time will post some pics when get back to Atl. Thanks for making this happen

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140826/ENT10/308260102/1361/Detroiter-wins-truTV-design-title

It’s official. Detroiter Camilo Pardo is the Motor City Master.

The artist and former chief designer at Ford Motor Co. defeated competitor Bryan Thompson for the top prize on truTV’s “Motor City Masters,” nabbing the $100,000 grand prize, a brand new Camaro Z28 and the opportunity to represent Chevrolet. Judges chose Pardo because they admired his concept Camaro’s strong front and back ends, they said on Tuesday night’s finale.

Journalist Jean Jennings of JeanKnowsCars.com — and formerly Automobile Magazine — and German automotive designer Harald Belker acted as judges and mentors. Edward Welburn, General Motors Co.’s vice president of global design, weighed in as a judge in the final installment and helped pick the winner. Actress Brooke Burns (“Baywatch”) hosted.

While some might say reality shows are scripted, Pardo, 51, looked genuinely stunned when he was declared the winner. “When they said my name, it was shocking,” he said. “It was like a bullet. Just kind of takes you out.”

Pardo was competing against Thompson, a Phoenix native and former College for Creative Studies student who has designed and built music video props for pop singer Katy Perry. The show was shot in and around Los Angeles, but the season finale was shot in Detroit.

Now Pardo, who taught classes at Detroit’s renowned College for Creative Studies and owns an art gallery not too far from Comerica Park, is looking forward to what the future holds.

“It’s been quite a ride,” says Pardo, who started out as one of 10 competitors on the show. “Winning ‘Motor City Masters’ means that I’m going to get my cars running and take my career to the next level.”

Mekeisha Madden Toby is a Los Angeles-based TV critic.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140826/ENT10/308260102#ixzz3Bb8AEzwR

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
After your design of the Ford GT, I always thought you were the Motor City Master...now everyone else in the car community knows it as well. Congratulations.

Stu

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Congrats Camilo, no doubt in our mind who the Moter City Master was going to be. See you in Vegas where we can all celebrate!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
4b5722e35911fd2cc00c7ad23296e2f0.jpg

Indy where is your "Cat In A Hat" hat?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I think she likes you!!!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Some pics from a awesome time.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 589
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 548
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 307
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 638
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
a few more

A few more

Attachments

• 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 256
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 307
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 340

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Congratulations Camilo, and thanks for posting more photos Gary!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Congrats Camilo. Both designs were great, but Bryan's design looked unfinished. And Camilo's attention to detail is beyond reproach.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Another Congrats Camilo, never had a doubt who was going to win. Really liked what you did with the Camaro. Now I hope you get a shoot to tweak that new Corvette to bring it up to true supercar status.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
While I'm on a quick layover, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for coming. I think about 65 people showed up to support Camilo despite some seriously nasty weather earlier in the evening. Glad everyone had a good time and we got to end the night on a high note. Who could have guessed? :biggrin Happy Darby and Jean Jennings could make it out as well. Very nice to see Gary and Donna make the trip from Georgia and the Dickies drive up from Indiana. That's commitment! Much appreciated.

The photographer is supposed to send me the photos he took shortly, so as soon as I get them, I'll post them up.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I spy a 959 in that car bubble???

attachment.php

And Mark. Get a haircut, ya damn hippie!:biggrin

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Good eye!

Congratulations Camilo to a masterful performance :thumbsup

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Great job Camilo keep the good work and hope to see you on future projects.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations Camilo! Hopefully you can help GM with the rear of the Corvette.