Don't call it Frisco.

Glad you clarified that Ed.:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I lived in SF for 3 years and learned that the locals all say "Don't call it Frisco". Empty Pockets - there was a restaurant there by that name also. I'll take you there next time you're in town.

Ed

'Fully aware of the native's view re: "Frisco", Ed/Triheart7! 'Must confess that IS why I use the term. It's been "a thing" with me for years now. 'Just one "flaw" in my otherwise PERFECT personality.:lol ( Bony would frown on it if I were to mention my reasons here...so, I won't.) ('Has nothing to do with the city or "the locals" in general.)

I'll be sure to remember your kind culinary invite, sir! :thumbsup :cheers
('Never heard of the E.P. But, like I said, it's been years - actually decades - since I've been down there. 'Closest I've been is Hurst's Castle last spring.:biggrin)

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Anyone who was on the So Cal leg of the Rally III rally to Vegas, remembers in Baker California, as we were leaving one of the world's most famous restarurants, the Baker Bun Boy next to the world's tallest thermometer, pulling up along the south side of the Mad Greek restaurant before turning right to take the less traveled road to Pahrump. The emptying out of the Mad Greek Restaurant with patrons and their cameras taking pictures of 12 FGTs pulled into the emergency lane waiting to get all our ducks in a row before heading out to Pahrump at about 130 mph! Know the feeling Fast Eddie!
:banana

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Ed,

Beach Blanket Babylon, at the Club Fugasi, a must if you have never seen it. 7PM show is an excellent time in North Beach, dinner afterwards, no FGT parking, however!

http://www.beachblanketbabylon.com

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
When you are driving along and get a visual show of appreciation by other drivers, preferably female, be sure to take pictures of those incidents also.

Jones may recall a Chevy Tahoe travelling at a fast clip that had some nice displays of affection during our trip back from Rally III.

Unfortunately, no pictures to share.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I love that pic with the GT reflection. Kinda says it all. :thumbsup

--

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
very cool picture Ed :cheers:

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
Teatro Zinzanni is also a lot of fun. Right on the water (although you wouldn't know it since the "show" all happens inside a permanently erected circus style tent) with easy access and lots of parking. Have been to both the Zinzanni and Babylon several times -- they constantly change the performance -- and both are a hoot.

Michael

Ed,

Beach Blanket Babylon, at the Club Fugasi, a must if you have never seen it. 7PM show is an excellent time in North Beach, dinner afterwards, no FGT parking, however!

http://www.beachblanketbabylon.com

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I love that pic with the GT reflection. Kinda says it all. :thumbsup--

Here's a reflection of my friend's 2004 Z06 in the side of my GT....

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Hey..that's my MY Z :lol
Actually the mixture of Red & Yellow resembles eggs with ketchup :biggrin

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Ralphie you look WAY TO HAPPY!! :biggrin

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
When you are driving along and get a visual show of appreciation by other drivers, preferably female, be sure to take pictures of those incidents also.

Jones may recall a Chevy Tahoe travelling at a fast clip that had some nice displays of affection during our trip back from Rally III.

Unfortunately, no pictures to share.

But the images are burned in my mind... :cool

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
GT parking & GT attention getter

AtomicGT, atspeed & others - great recommendations on SF stuff to do. I've done them so you are all right. As far as parking most hotels I go to will let cars park in front (for example the Fairmont has around 4 spaces next to the front door that are for VIPs) for a generous tip to the one in control of those spots. Depends on long you want to park but $50-100 is somehwere to start. Park at the hotel & take a cab to the show, restaurant, etc.

Now back to the thread topic - when I've driven other exotics I haven't had the amount of attention than when I drive my GT. Has this been the case for others? It's amazing that the GT's shape is 40 years old & still turns heads & drops jaws!

Ed

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

The reflection's not as good, but the subject cars are AWESOME!!! So, here's one from our recent California run of a reflection of Nick's GT in Bob's GT :thumbsup Maybe I should find one of my car or their car reflecting in mine so it's not red on red......

Attachments

• California GT Adventure 257.jpg
    California GT Adventure 257.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 105

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Darn, we should've actually tried to get such a shot, would've been cool. :shrug

A pic of my GT with Nick's in the side image, and a bit of Bob's wheel on the back fender! :thumbsup

OK, I'm done with my hijack now. :secret:

Attachments

• California GT Adventure 049.jpg
    California GT Adventure 049.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 105

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Darnnit, Pro! Don't take photos INTO the sun!!! :rofl

Mark06GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
For the next Rally we need to have Jason put one of his mirror finishes on a black stripe delete and then take pictures.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Man. Those FGT are sweet looking!:thumbsup

No wonder I love this car.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Damn RAlPHie the reflection from your GT Perm-A-Grin caused the over exposure.

Wear a hat next time!:thumbsup

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
AtomicGT, atspeed & others - great recommendations on SF stuff to do. I've done them so you are all right. As far as parking most hotels I go to will let cars park in front (for example the Fairmont has around 4 spaces next to the front door that are for VIPs) for a generous tip to the one in control of those spots. Depends on long you want to park but $50-100 is somehwere to start. Park at the hotel & take a cab to the show, restaurant, etc.

Now back to the thread topic - when I've driven other exotics I haven't had the amount of attention than when I drive my GT. Has this been the case for others? It's amazing that the GT's shape is 40 years old & still turns heads & drops jaws!

Ed

I have only had one other car that got more attention than the GT. It was a 1949 Cadillac Sedanette that I had redone in street rod fashion. I only think it got more attention because more people could identify with it. I literally would have people drive up next to me and ask me to pull over so they could check out the car.