Mine's GT-R (at Super Autobacs in Stanton)

H

HHGT

the hood just isnt latched on that side.... thats why it looks like that. the fit and finish is rather good on these cars....

although, it doesnt have nearly the exotic look the FGT does.

To use the word Exotic to describe the GTR is like putting Hillary Clinton in a Sport Illustrated Bikini shoot and saying Wow. :ack:ack:ack

AND, if one person can describe what Fit & Finish is, I would appreciate it. It is a seriously over used term, really don't know when it started and why it is even used today unless you happen to be restoring a Yugo and taking it to Pebble Beach for the "fit & Finish" category judging of course.:frown

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
To use the word Exotic to describe the GTR is like putting Hillary Clinton in a Sport Illustrated Bikini shoot and saying Wow. :ack:ack:ack

Thanks for putting an indelible image in my mind for the rest of the day. :ack:ack:ack If I need "care" to "ease my pain" I'm sending you the bill.... now where did I put that cigar I had around here. :lol

You know I am just a slight bit sad that Hillary did not get the nomination. Four more years of Clinton White House ..... at least the comics would not be having a "lean" time.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
The DEMS aren't going to pull it off, they are fractured, and it won't happen.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
.......The screen thing looks like the video game the kids used to play, thank god it also has real analogs as well. ......

I have read the stories in the auto rags about this car. It's kinda funny to me that they slammed the digital gauges when they first showed up in the Corvette's some time ago, but the rags fall all over themselves praising it here.

This is one butt fugly car.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
You know I am just a slight bit sad that Hillary did not get the nomination. Four more years of Clinton White House ..... at least the comics would not be having a "lean" time.

Then we could have had a forensic examination of a "Blue" suit??

:lol:lol

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I have read the stories in the auto rags about this car. It's kinda funny to me that they slammed the digital gauges when they first showed up in the Corvette's some time ago, but the rags fall all over themselves praising it here.

This is one butt fugly car.

+1 Unlike some cars, the looks of the GTR are not growing on me. I like it when a car, like our GT's or the new Lambo pics posted yesterday, just takes your breath away. I don't like to have to take time to :confused figure out if I like it or not.

That said I liked the heads-up display when I had my Vette. I enjoyed seeing the speed posted on the windshield....especially when the number got big :eek

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
traction control is for gurls......

in an attempt to beat the corvettes new ZR1 nissan will be installing a Robot in the drivers seat of all new GTR's in the future. the owners will ride shotgun in the passenger seat and press all the buttons to activate the launch control system :banana

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
And people complain about domestic fit and finish. :wink

When I initially drove by one of the vendor show booths, I could hear one of the detailing vendors mutter to his colleagues..."If I spent half the money that guy spent on his car [referring to my GT], my car would be twice as fast."

This is exactly why I don't like taking our vehicles to car shows. Too many people think they are the "expert" and don't appreciate the car itself. It is always a comparison between your car and what they would do differently or how much faster their car is/could be.

I used to take my girlfriend to truck shows all the time when I had my pre-runner. It was a 2005 Nissan Titan (yea yea, jap crap...sorry haha) I had a customer suspension on it with about 16 inches of wheel travel. One of our supercharger kits that put out over 420HP at the wheels, a one-off custom paint job, custom interior with 4 racing seats and hand built wood/fiberglass center console housing speakers and TV's. Well, when we parked at the show the first thing I would do is tell my girlfriend (5'6", blonde hair, amazing body) a few things about the truck. There was nothing funnier than watching a bunch of guys come up and stare at the truck then seeing their reaction when a Jessica Simpson look a like came up and spouted off about the suspension, supercharger, paint, etc...Just like she's the one that built it. my buddies and I would get a huge kick out of watching that.

I have had the oppurtunity to drive the GT-R and we have one at our shop right now. I think it is a great car and I really like it. I agree with everyone else though that it definitely is not as attractive as the R35 Skyline's. Those cars looked incredibly tough.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I mean, I wasn't even showing my car, just arriving and driving to a normal parking spot.

Some people just have the need to comment negatively on everything.

Tough way to live.

(Yes, I realize that my comment above is negative. Haha)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
traction control is for gurls......

in an attempt to beat the corvettes new ZR1 nissan will be installing a Robot in the drivers seat of all new GTR's in the future. the owners will ride shotgun in the passenger seat and press all the buttons to activate the launch control system :banana

Very interesting comment there. On the face, definitely funny, but also shockingly good analogy.

If you win, but you don't really play a role in the win, is that truly success?

Perhaps automotive electronics and launch programs are the sports equivalent of steroids and performance enhancers...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
the hood just isnt latched on that side.... thats why it looks like that. the fit and finish is rather good on these cars....

although, it doesnt have nearly the exotic look the FGT does.

True on both points. It was just a latching issue. And few cars match the unique look of the GT.