Mine's GT-R (at Super Autobacs in Stanton)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
IMG_4044.jpg

IMG_4046.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Love the third picture! :biggrin

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GT-R's where everywhere last weekend in Monterey.

H

HHGT

Love the black car, but the white one needs its hood aligned.:biggrin

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I saw a GT-R at the Dallas Auto Show last fall and was thoroughly impressed with it. Now that the magazines are dynoing them at 520 HP I'm even more impressed.

I've never been much for Jap cars but I'd rather have one of these than a ZO6.:slap

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Is that a Mitsubishi? I can't tell.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Love the third picture! :biggrin

+1

It may perform, but it sure ain't pretty :ack. I may be in the minority but visually I liked the last version of the Skyline better. They had some sick body kits for it as well.

I enjoy all cars....but come on, you can't mess with the perfection of our GT's...unless it is a whipple or a TT set-up. :biggrin

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
SYCO,

Great mini run today to Big Bear, 300 miles. Have you seen the image of the Emirate's FGT, black, red stripes and red wheels, killer. ...........? maybe a SYCO option?

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
American V-8s for me. Love the sound. You can have all of those "tuner" riceburners you want. IMO the GTR is a glorified rice burner. May be fast, but not pretty and dang sure no American V-8. Everytime I see a potato pipe Honda I laugh my $%$%$$ off.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

And people complain about domestic fit and finish. :wink

When I initially drove by one of the vendor show booths, I could hear one of the detailing vendors mutter to his colleagues..."If I spent half the money that guy spent on his car [referring to my GT], my car would be twice as fast."

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
+1
It may perform, but it sure ain't pretty :ack. I may be in the minority but visually I liked the last version of the Skyline better. They had some sick body kits for it as well.

Nah, I think that's probably the majority view. The older Skyline is still classic and looks nice. My four year old actually thought the older blue Skyline he saw was newer than the white GT-R.

I've never owned a japanese car, only japanese motorcycles (along with British and German motorcycles).

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Nah, I think that's probably the majority view. The older Skyline is still classic and looks nice. My four year old actually thought the older blue Skyline he saw was newer than the white GT-R.

I've never owned a japanese car, only japanese motorcycles (along with British and German motorcycles).

I did have an NSX up until this year. It was one of 300 produced in the midnight pearl paint color which was absolutely stunning. The paint changed from like a deep purple to a midnight blue depending on the light. (pic below) Had a nice twin turbo set-up that gave the car what it lacked, mainly power. Held on to it for four years...which for me was a lifetime :lol.

Last edited:

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
I could hear one of the detailing vendors mutter to his colleagues..."If I spent half the money that guy spent on his car [referring to my GT], my car would be twice as fast."
This is why I am not a fan of car shows. Everybody is an expert. They would rather stand around and bicker about whats wrong with your car, than whats right, and then they walk off to the next car to pick apart... :ack

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
This is why I am not a fan of car shows. Everybody is an expert. They would rather stand around and bicker about whats wrong with your car, than whats right, and then they walk off to the next car to pick apart... :ack

:agree: It's kinda funny, but you are quite correct. Some folks only want to find the flaws....while they drive around in a beat up Honda pickup with paint spills all over it. :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008

I don't mind walking through a car show occasionally, but to me :driving: is better than showing any day. I am not looking for approval and I am happy to duck the jealousy of people who can't appreciate something if they can't afford it :thumbsdow, thank you very much.

I'll never afford an Enzo, but if I saw one in person I could still appreciate her and give the owner :thumbsup:thumbsup

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta

When I initially drove by one of the vendor show booths, I could hear one of the detailing vendors mutter to his colleagues..."If I spent half the money that guy spent on his car [referring to my GT], my car would be twice as fast."

...and still ugly." Some guys just don't get it. :cheers

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Went for a ride in a GTR last week. Very nice car....FOR MY WIFE:biggrin.

The screen thing looks like the video game the kids used to play, thank god it also has real analogs as well.

The car is huge, comfortable, quiet, decent radio,soft seats, shifts way better than the BMW SMG or Stradale, again all the things my wife would like or even I would like as a daily driver.

Kinda like an EVO, you have to respect it for what it is, but not a good looking car from any angle IMO.

The car has no Soul IMO.

Mase

GT Owner
Dec 23, 2006
Jacksonville, Florida

the hood just isnt latched on that side.... thats why it looks like that. the fit and finish is rather good on these cars....

although, it doesnt have nearly the exotic look the FGT does.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles

"I could hear one of the detailing vendors mutter to his colleagues............If I spent half the money that guy spent on his car [referring to my GT], my car would be twice as fast."

SYCO, my thoughts on the above detailer quote:

not_fluent_in_idiot.jpg