Mecum Kansas City

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
White/Blue Stripe 5,631 miles. $290k + 8%. Strong!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Holy Crap

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Gee may my 39k Blue white stripe is still worth something!
Than again, it doesn’t really matter ........

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I'll Wire you $150k today!!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
So floor on non-salvage GTs >10Kmi. is now $250K?, under <10Kmi., $300k?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Up - up and away!!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Active threads: Mecum. Cranky Ape. GT effect on values.

Sad to say, the conversations here are getting so so boring.

You guys who like to drive your GTs need to step up your game here, or we'll be overwhelmed by the dollar counters.

The forum is kept alive by love of the car, not by love of its market value.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Fyi

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_97 Dec. 07 18.53.jpg
    ScreenHunter_97 Dec. 07 18.53.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 330

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Active threads: Mecum. Cranky Ape. GT effect on values.

Sad to say, the conversations here are getting so so boring.

You guys who like to drive your GTs need to step up your game here, or we'll be overwhelmed by the dollar counters.

The forum is kept alive by love of the car, not by love of its market value.

There are those of us who appreciate and enjoy both, and clearly this is the best place to bring both types of discussions to. I and many others routinely participate in both types of discussions. With all due respect, If you don't care about value, you don't need to read about or participate in those threads.

Obviously, if the referred to "dollar counters" are so prevalent here, it's because there are many who DO care about it and want to discuss it here...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
As an aside, I view it as unlikely this car would have even gotten the hammer price less the 8% seller fee anywhere outside of the auction venue. This car had been listed for a while at $249,998. Same for the red 10k mile car. Car had been listed for months, shows up at auction, gets a single bid and is quickly pushed across as sold.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
As an aside, I view it as unlikely this car would have even gotten the hammer price less the 8% seller fee anywhere outside of the auction venue. This car had been listed for a while at $249,998. Same for the red 10k mile car. Car had been listed for months, shows up at auction, gets a single bid and is quickly pushed across as sold.

Maybe Dana has a large stash of GT's and is manipulating the market for personal gains :lol

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
There are those of us who appreciate and enjoy both, and clearly this is the best place to bring both types of discussions to. I and many others routinely participate in both types of discussions. With all due respect, If you don't care about value, you don't need to read about or participate in those threads.

Obviously, if the referred to "dollar counters" are so prevalent here, it's because there are many who DO care about it and want to discuss it here...

Equally obviously, you are free to keep making boring posts. Although, sympathy for being frozen in. How about some V8 snowmobile pics?

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
No need for insults...

I posted with respect to you. I wasn't insulting to you...

Like I said earlier, no one forces you to read posts you don't agree with or like, but you don't need to start a pissing contest here by insulting or patronizing me.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
I agree with you - seeing cars on Ebay all day long with far lower asking prices...but it's an auction phenomenon. GT's aren't the only vehicles that get insane dollars at these auctions. Most cars get more there than in any other venue. I guess alcohol and having too much money must play a big role at these auctions.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Questionable or not, history shows it effects the market when that happens. It raises the bar and dealers follow suit.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
Questionable or not, history shows it effects the market when that happens. It raises the bar and dealers follow suit.
I totally agree.:biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I agree with you - seeing cars on Ebay all day long with far lower asking prices...but it's an auction phenomenon. GT's aren't the only vehicles that get insane dollars at these auctions. Most cars get more there than in any other venue. I guess alcohol and having too much money must play a big role at these auctions.

Usually the auctions are a middling deal for everyone involved except the auction house. Seller takes a little less for getting it sold, buyer pays a little more, but it's not absurdly out of bounds. This sale was way over the edge. Great deal for the seller, but horrible deal for the buyer. He could have bought the same car with one fifth of the miles for way less money just by picking up any of the usually advertising outlets and making a phone call. I can see not caring about $10-15k because you've pounded a few drinks and just want to win, but a local buddy of mine (actually make that two) just bought very similar GTs and could easily add in a GT350 with the money saved.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
.....but a local buddy of mine (actually make that two) just bought very similar GTs and could easily add in a GT350 with the money saved.

But to the point of the thread, non-auction buyer wouldn't get any TV time.