Matech GT3

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
This is a great thread. Love seeing any GT restored but especially those with race history. Keep the photos coming!

Chip

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Hey Tim
Nicely done. Have seen you over the years at SVTp.
I bought Flying Fred's 00R and took delivery of my 302S around the same time you did.
Could you tell me what you have done to the 302S to get that RWHP?
I'm running 397RWHP and could use a bit more but a little concerned about doing something untested or too aggressive.
Thank you and have fun,
Bill

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Bill

That 397 RWHP number is right around what we have seen with the 4 Boss 302S cars we have had on our dyno . Long tube headers will give you between 20 and 25 RWHP without any tuning changes and the a/f is still good. I have used the American Racing 1"7/8 headers and x-pipe and they have good ground clearance and only required a small dimple on one primary tube to clear the corner of the road race oil pan .
We have had a 14 Boss S on the dyno with BBK longtubes that made less power and they hang about 3/4" lower so I would stick with the American Racing setup .
The CJ intake , part # M-9424-M50CJ , dual 65mm throttle body , # M-9926-CJ65 and cold air intake , M-9603-M50CJ will give another 35+ RWHP , but you will need a custom tune
My current setup with an SCT tune makes between 465-478 RWHP on our Dynapack dyno. The power range is from multiple dyno runs on different days and some different race fuels.
I have been racing this combination for over 2 years with no issues
My Boss S does have a custom air box but we have seen similar numbers with the Ford racing cold air setup .

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Thnx Tim
Did you loose any torque with the CJ intake?

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Thnx Tim
Did you loose any torque with the CJ intake?

No , gained some torque but moved the peak up , I will find my dyno sheets or look on the dyno and get you some comparison numbers

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Some minor progress today , just drilled the mounting holes for the front rear wheel wells and installed the bulkhead tube for the brake cooling hose

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 414

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Sounds good. Thank you.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Sounds good. Thank you.

Looked up my dyno runs , the comparison runs were between the Boss S with long tube headers and then adding the CJ intake , cold air and throttle body .
The CJ intake made 35 RWHP and 20 RWTQ more than the baseline with just the longtubes.
The torque peak was at 5450 RPM with the CJ intake setup versus 5000 RPM with just the American Racing 1 7/8 inch longtubes .

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Thank you. Might be my winter project after this season.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Some photos of the front end with the aero catches in place , we also eliminated the camlocs at the front of the hood and laminated some pins in the front corners that slide into a bar that ties the front fenders together

image.jpg

image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Here's some photos with the new set of wheels and the bodywork all fitted on the car. We had to do a lot of work to get the panel fit right and have made some changes to how the body panels are held on the chassis .

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Tim - The car/work you are doing looks great

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
The car looks great. Love the find work on the wheels. Keep on sending the pic's. My son and I love seeing your project develop.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Thanks guys, depending on the body shops schedule we may do some of the small mechanical items before it gets sent out for prep and paint .
Will continue to post updates , just waiting on the Camloc's and will finish all the fasteners for the body panels .

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Got the bodywork mounted and fit properly so I made the car a roller , ride height is a little high , next up it goes to the paint shop

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Looks amazing awesome work!!!

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Looks amazing awesome work!!!

Thanks

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Looks great Tim.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Tim
What components on the Maetech cars are the same as our street GT's
Frame?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Tim
What components on the Maetech cars are the same as our street GT's
Frame?

As I recall from Thomas Mutch (Driver & Facility manager), the taillights, the rear bumper, and a support brace in the doors....& the chassis.