Matech GT3

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
As I recall from Thomas Mutch (Driver & Facility manager), the taillights, the rear bumper, and a support brace in the doors....& the chassis.

Actually the tail lights are just lexan covers with decals on them , the rear bumper is a carbon piece from Matech and my doors do not have any support brace .
The chassis , floors , rear frame extensions to the bumper and front bumper frame are from a production GT .
The rocker sills and rockers panels are stock GT and the side marker lights are from the street car ( which is a Land Rover part )
I think some of the early cars had stock GT taillights but perhaps the pricing from Ford was the reasoning for the switch , I am putting Ford taillights in mine

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Just put the car on my scales ,these cars are light

image.jpg

At that weight I am missing the exhaust , rear and side lexan windows , no coolant and the taillights

image.jpg

image.jpg

The rear bumper that Sascha supplied

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Not a lot of progress , mocked up the rear bumper and need to modify the taillight panel to fit the OEM taillights

image.jpg

Some photos of the super expensive taillights

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lowered the car closer to proper ride height , waiting on a new lexan windshield and getting the side and rear windows made at a local plastics shop using a cnc router

image.jpg

image.jpg

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Love this thread. It's like virtually having the car in my own garage. Keep em coming, please.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
It's impressive that these can weigh 900-1000 pounds less than a street GT.
Holy cow!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks, I will race it on the west coast at Pacific Raceways , Portland International and The Ridge Motorsports Park. I may do some events in California but will mostly stay in the Pacific Northwest . There are some short enduro regional races at those tracks I mentioned and I have been running in those events with my Boss 302S with a fair amount of success.

Nice !! Was that the car that was in Miami for a while ? I was contacted by a broker to come check it out and if it's the same car we had another forum member who went to see it . I never made it down to look at the car.. Cool project thanks for sharing !!

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Nice !! Was that the car that was in Miami for a while ? I was contacted by a broker to come check it out and if it's the same car we had another forum member who went to see it . I never made it down to look at the car.. Cool project thanks for sharing !!

Yes ,it is the same car and I spoke with the other forum member that had looked at the car , he actually sent me a copy of the homologation book

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
How does the clam shell open with the wing? Is the wing just attached to the clam shell or to the frame under the clam shell?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Yes ,it is the same car and I spoke with the other forum member that had looked at the car , he actually sent me a copy of the homologation book

Cool, Good score!! Thanks for sharing the photos and the progress !! :thumbsup

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
How does the clam shell open with the wing? Is the wing just attached to the clam shell or to the frame under the clam shell?
The wing struts are bolted to the rear frame extensions and the clam shell has cut outs from the rear for the wing supports . The front top edge of the clam shell is held on with hood pins and the rear portion of the clam shell is held on with camlocs .

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 455

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Very cool... Wish I had more hands on knowledge on the build side... Can't wait to see the finished GT

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Modifying the rear panel to fit the stock tail lamps

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Not too much to report , hope to meet with the body shop that is painting the car this week.
Photos of the OEM tail lights fit in the rear panel

image.jpg

image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
The carbon fibre inner door panel has a nice Matech logo

image.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The carbon fibre inner door panel has a nice Matech logo

You can download that font and recreate the Matech Logo for your car in any size - it is called "SpaceAge" and is available from DaFont for free -

http://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=SpaceAge

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
It's really starting to come together! You must be getting excited... :)

Cheers,

Lance

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
So we removed the floor pans to replace them with new ones and decided to pull the fuel cell as it was out of date .
image.jpg

image.jpg

Decided to cleanup the steering rack , crossmember , anti roll bar and tunnel area

image.jpg

image.jpg

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Clean......

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Clean......

Thanks ,it was pretty dirty from 3 years of racing , the centre tunnel had accumulated a fair amount of rubber , oil and dirt .