Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Steve Hemstock, Knights Upholstery, Green Bay, WI

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Steve has always been the go to guy. Get the seat out of the car and disassemble it and send him the bottom piece for the modification.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
yep, his workmanship is superb!

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Just out of curiosity, how much extra space does this create. I am 6’6” and find the FGT to be impossibly tight. Oddly enough, I fit fine in my Performante and F12. Never thought about hacking the seat for more space. Interesting idea for sure.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Just out of curiosity, how much extra space does this create. I am 6’6” and find the FGT to be impossibly tight. Oddly enough, I fit fine in my Performante and F12. Never thought about hacking the seat for more space. Interesting idea for sure.

Maybe adds 2” headroom. You should fit headroom wise with lowered seat and no helmet

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Somehow I expected to find JAX on this thread.

I wonder who is the tallest Ford GT owner!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Somehow I expected to find JAX on this thread.

I wonder who is the tallest Ford GT owner!

Mr Moose. Jax close 2nd.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mcgowan isnt short either.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Mr Moose. Jax close 2nd.

Mr Moose definitely has a good two inches on me, and I am 6’4

Last edited:

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I'm 6'6". I can't wait to be 85 years old and own this car. I should shrink to 6'3" then fit perfectly:lol

Seriously, shaving the seat foam cushion is easy and looks completely stock. You will love it!

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Thanks for the information. Crazy story, but 10 years ago I Fed Ex’d a check to a dealer, I think in PA, for payment in full for a leftover 2016 Tungsten 4 option car. It was when availability was winding down and nearly everyone that wanted one had one. I think I got it for $10,000 off. It’s nutty to think about, but tons of Heritage cars were sitting in various lots along with a handful of Tungsten cars. In any case, my wife suggested that I should probably sit in one seeing as how I am a big dude. I found a local one in Phoenix and quickly realized my mistake. I immediately contacted the dealer and they were nice enough to send my check back. I ended up putting that money toward an investment property that I lost $500,000 on lol. So a decade later, I am thinking about taking another run and you guys have inspired me.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Thanks for the information. Crazy story, but 10 years ago I Fed Ex’d a check to a dealer, I think in PA, for payment in full for a leftover 2016 Tungsten 4 option car. It was when availability was winding down and nearly everyone that wanted one had one. I think I got it for $10,000 off. It’s nutty to think about, but tons of Heritage cars were sitting in various lots along with a handful of Tungsten cars. In any case, my wife suggested that I should probably sit in one seeing as how I am a big dude. I found a local one in Phoenix and quickly realized my mistake. I immediately contacted the dealer and they were nice enough to send my check back. I ended up putting that money toward an investment property that I lost $500,000 on lol. So a decade later, I am thinking about taking another run and you guys have inspired me.

You should do it, you won't be disappointed! :thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Wow Cadster. That is crazy. Time to make it right. Sorry to hear about that investment property.