Looking for a low mileage GT

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Original base wheel with original tires vs Lightweight BBS wheel.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Just bought a car. I can either pick base wheel with original tire (car optioned with base wheel) vs. bbs wheel with newer tire. What should I take?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If you will drive it, bbs with newer tire. Why not buy both?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Congratulations. Pictures please.

Reactions: drilling

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Posted on hotcars.com
On list of cars you want to keep forever!
But we already new this!

Attachments

• 0A0A12C1-DE1D-4FE5-A77B-9966815C01CA.jpeg
    0A0A12C1-DE1D-4FE5-A77B-9966815C01CA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Congratulations. Pictures please.
As soon as its shipped!

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
If you will drive it, bbs with newer tire. Why not buy both?
Man of wise words. Is it worth paying extra for the original rim? For resale that is. I can get a brand new one off ford parts website.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Is the current owner wanting to charge e tra for both sets of wheels? No matter what you need new tires on the original wheels

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Just bought a car. I can either pick base wheel with original tire (car optioned with base wheel) vs. bbs wheel with newer tire. What should I take?
"Any color but red" ... did you get red?? 😁 🤪

Congrats! Lookin' forward to seeing it 🍻

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I decided I like the base wheels better, so I put those on. BBS forged are a little lighter, but the base wheels are more distinctive. Lots of cars have wheels that look like the BBS now. None of them look like the GT base wheels. All the iconic videos and pictures of the cars had the base wheels on them. I still have the BBS wheels and maybe I;ll put them back on the next time I change tires.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
If you possibly can, I'd get both ... which I did. If you decide on wanting only one later, you can always sell the other.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Man of wise words. Is it worth paying extra for the original rim? For resale that is. I can get a brand new one off ford parts website.
First, availability of these at Ford has been sketchy. And will probably be more constrained as time goes on.

If they are indeed in stock the ones with the car are certainly not worth more than new ones.

You decide...

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
No brainer, you need new tires. Those old tires don't make your car worth anymore!!! I would get both sets as that's what I did with my cars. Not many base wheels out there from what I have seen and if so they bring a premium price.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Any recommendation for car transport?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Any recommendation for car transport?
Reliable and Intercity. Both very good - I used both. I'd go with Reliable because they found room on a truck on somewhat short notice. It was carrying some special test vehicles from Colorado to Vegas and since the primary pickup was in Vail and I was before that I could be there for my loading (first car on the van) but I couldn't be there for the unload of cars before mine (last). Driver said something about Challengers (probably Hellcats) coming from high altitude testing to desert testing. He said all the cars were loaded with computers and other test and measurement stuff on the passenger side (like cop cars except more) and the driver all looked like they were 16 :)

Wallyworld

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 26, 2020
Paradise Valley, AZ
Reliable has transported my cars multiple times - never an issue.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Reliable and Intercity. Both very good - I used both. I'd go with Reliable because they found room on a truck on somewhat short notice. It was carrying some special test vehicles from Colorado to Vegas and since the primary pickup was in Vail and I was before that I could be there for my loading (first car on the van) but I couldn't be there for the unload of cars before mine (last). Driver said something about Challengers (probably Hellcats) coming from high altitude testing to desert testing. He said all the cars were loaded with computers and other test and measurement stuff on the passenger side (like cop cars except more) and the driver all looked like they were 16 :)

Reliable has transported my cars multiple times - never an issue.

😍

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If you are transporting a new GT with Reliable request the wide delivery trailers

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Congrats on the purchase. Just a heads up that BBS makes both the base and optional wheels.

repoman

Sep 5, 2017
Tucson AZ
be careful if you find a complete cluster. there were a few floating around the Detroit area that ended up having a lot of junk gauges in them from sitting around since 2004. you can purchase all the component parts thru the dealer but hang on to your seat. just the gauge bezel with the odometer and turn signal modules will set you back $3K, plus all the gauges plus the binnacle surround, switches and bracket. just saying
THe cluster from Ford comes with all the gauges for $3600. You can not buy individual gauges. Before you could but no longer. complete cluster