Sep 13, 2018
Original airbags or updated?
Or a bust airbags 😂😂😂

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That's funny. As I was rolling into my 50th birthday I was having a huge midlife crisis and I told my wife about it. That's why I bought my car just before turning 50. I confesses to her that I bought my car because I was having a mid life crisis and my 06 was my mistress........ she understood and was supportive. It was certainly allot easier then complicating life with another dame.

QSS
cheaper than a mistress and more fun!

Reactions: QuickSilverShelby

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Yellow car today sold pretty cheap. 478k. Hammer 430k.

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa
I recently looked at a 2005 Blue GT at DesunexMotorsports . Does anyone know any history on the car? Last 4 digits are 1700 . Any help would be appreciated. I am new at this . Thanks Steve

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I recently looked at a 2005 Blue GT at DesunexMotorsports . Does anyone know any history on the car? Last 4 digits are 1700 . Any help would be appreciated. I am new at this . Thanks Steve

Its sold

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa
Yes, I have a down payment on it. Just trying to find out some information?

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
I purchased a 05 low mileage gt from Chris at DesunexMotors in the middle of COVID so I wasn’t able to get to KS to check out the car. The closest I got to the car was using FaceTime.
All I can say is that Chris was 150% honest about everything so I trust him and I still keep in contact with him. A real honest gentleman.
The other thing I realize is that these cars, since they’re hand built, are rock solid and ultra reliable as long as you follow some advice like the things mentioned on this wonderfully informative forum. This place is the Mecca for everything GT.
The GT is the best car I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned many exotics and muscle cars so my advice is get that car, enjoy it and stay tuned in. Do it!!!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You might check the Shelby Registry. It should be in there.

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa
You might check the Shelby Registry. It should be in there.
Is there a registry for the 2005 GTs? I am not aware of that . I have the 65 - 70 registrys Since I have a couple Shelbys already.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Is there a registry for the 2005 GTs? I am not aware of that . I have the 65 - 70 registrys Since I have a couple Shelbys already.
Blue cars always get sold quick. Its one of the nicest colors.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The "Shelby registry" was keeping track of the 05-06 Ford GTs, the person was a member here. I don't know if they ever made it into a printed version. In the past couple of years SAAC decided they would only track and report the original CSX2000 and CSX3000 cars and dropped all of the rest, including the 05-06, all of the Shelby Continuation Cobras (eg CSX4000, CSX6000, etc) and the Kirkham Cobras from the registry. I always just went down to the Shelby store here in Vegas or the Shelby American Collection to get info and never bought a printed one of my own.

There was also a registry that was associated with this forum - really hidden, you had to access it via the IP address) but that one went offline years ago.

Dakota 1960

May 15, 2022
Quad Cities Iowa
Thanks I will do some research.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Cobra Jeff maintained the Shelby Registry for the GT's . He retired to Florida and occasionally checks in here. You might try sending him a PM. The other GT registry did not belong to the Forum but was maintained by an owner. It seems to have disappeared over the years. Do a VIN search on Google.

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
You can email Jeff and he will give you the information he has on it. He helped me with my search and responded quickly about every serial number I sent him.

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Jeff Burgy is with Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC). Jeff maintains a registry for the 2005-06 GT's. He has been very responsive to specific GT VIN questions. Jeff Burgy [cobrajeff@att.net]

SAAC published a registry that has every 2005-06 GT listed. It shows the original options and dealer and more for some VIN's. You can find them on Ebay, Shelby American or SAAC. An amazing amount of work goes into these registries. Detailed articles containing pictures, data, design and build history, etc. a great read.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
No one would do that to a GT!
Or maybe??????????
How about the guy from Hawaii who added an ash tray, extra running lights & a deer catcher?

Ed

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Or the dreamsicle car.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I am looking at some cars sold for cheap. These are mostly snatched up by dealers and re-listed for much more. For example, this heritage sold for 470k and now listed for 680k. How do dealers do this? They just buy unpopular car of the day?

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
How do dealers do this? They just buy unpopular car of the day?

I've always found that retail buyers have at least one major advantage over dealers in nearly every business.

Dealers need to price in margin to cover operating expenses and profit whereas retail buyers do not.

That being said, successful dealers often have access to information that some retail buyers may not, not surprisingly, they don't last long if they don't cultivate sources

They also undertake risks and expenses that some retail buyers may not wish to assume.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I've always found that retail buyers have at least one major advantage over dealers in nearly every business.

Dealers need to price in margin to cover operating expenses and profit whereas retail buyers do not.

That being said, successful dealers often have access to information that some retail buyers may not, not surprisingly, they don't last long if they don't cultivate sources

They also undertake risks and expenses that some retail buyers may not wish to assume.
Retail buyers are always a pain to deal with……picky and many unknowledgeable (think of BAT commenters), slow to make decisions, so many times underfunded, come up with lame excuses (my wife won’t let me buy it)…..the list goes on and on.

And honestly, I am all of those :)
(Except the wife part, she knows better than to stand between me and a car, 40 years of training….LOL)

Reactions: drilling