Looking for a low mileage GT

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Your heirs will thank for not driving it!
No one on their deathbed ever wished they worked more ,saved more,or enjoyed their hobby less!
I dread the day I can’t drive any more!

Reactions: medici78
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Dang........ that's prophetic.

QSS

Reactions: roketman

Tomcat

GT Owner
I bought a manual shift car from a former Apollo 7 astronaut when his knees would no longer let him use a clutch...talk about seeing "mortality".

Reactions: roketman

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
A 4 mile Tungsten just showed up on BaT

Thats too high. I am looking for negative mileage.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
A 4 mile Tungsten just showed up on BaT
Only four miles and still managed to scrape the front splitter.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Saw this car for sale with speedhut gauge cluster. Is it a deal breaker? I assume the owner has non functioning gauge cluster. Does installing this need any other mods to the dashboard?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Add the link you sent in the PM.

He wants absolutely top dollar. But it is a stripe delete car (top and side) so rare. It's relative low miles - under 3K. If the car is on consignment you could ask if they have the original panel and why they swapped it out. Don't assume. Back before the small gauges were available from AutoMeter, lots of people changed to the Speedhut panel after one or two went out.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Saw this car for sale with speedhut gauge cluster. Is it a deal breaker? I assume the owner has non functioning gauge cluster. Does installing this need any other mods to the dashboard?
For my high mile car, see the Speedhuts as a positive as I love the white dial, the shift lights, and they always........work.

Probably deserves a price ding on a low mile car IMO.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I installed the Speedhut full panel about 6 years ago. I like them much better than the OE. I particularly like the warning lights built in and the user-settable shift lights in the tach. As long as the car comes with the removed original gauge set, I would not deduct anything for having Speedhut installed.

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
How difficult is it to find a new OEM cluster? Will spending few thousand bucks buy one?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How difficult is it to find a new OEM cluster? Will spending few thousand bucks buy one?
So the dealer can't get it from the owner? There's no such thing as a full cluster from Ford. You can check Ford for pricing and availability of the pieces and parts but I'll guarantee you it will far exceed 2K. You might find someone who has done a swap that would sell but they'd probably want more too... Either take it or move on.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
be careful if you find a complete cluster. there were a few floating around the Detroit area that ended up having a lot of junk gauges in them from sitting around since 2004. you can purchase all the component parts thru the dealer but hang on to your seat. just the gauge bezel with the odometer and turn signal modules will set you back $3K, plus all the gauges plus the binnacle surround, switches and bracket. just saying

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Meh, if the money is right I'd sell mine. So make the decision on the car as I'm sure you could come up with one from somewhere. Just buy what you can and buy new gauges over time.

FWIW, there is a bezel alone on ebay for $2,700.

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
All my gages were working perfectly, but seeing how many were failing, I had Rich (GT Guy) order the Speedhuts, and install them, and I have the originals boxed, and put away. When my estate sells the car, the gages will go with it then.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
be careful if you find a complete cluster. there were a few floating around the Detroit area that ended up having a lot of junk gauges in them from sitting around since 2004. you can purchase all the component parts thru the dealer but hang on to your seat. just the gauge bezel with the odometer and turn signal modules will set you back $3K, plus all the gauges plus the binnacle surround, switches and bracket. just saying
So if I was to run across a complete cluster the first thing I would do is replace the small gauges with the Autometer replacements. That takes all but the speedo and tach out of the picture. At this point I think the more difficult things to find on the cluster are the bezel itself and the switches and LEDs etc.

Wallyworld

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 26, 2020
Paradise Valley, AZ
My younger brother works for RM Sotheby's. We were talking about GT's and he mentioned they had a yellow 2005 with 260 miles, no reserve, coming up at Amelia Island. https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/am23/amelia-island/lots/r0073-2005-ford-gt/1330537

Reactions: extrap

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
You guys know how much BBS wheels go for?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
About $1100 each for fronts and probably $1300 for rears. Can't you just do a search?

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
About $1100 each for fronts and probably $1300 for rears. Can't you just do a search?
Sorry I didnt know if I had to search BBS website or so.

Is this it?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You will do better if you Google the part number