Looking for a GT (2005-6), first time buyer would like to know a bit more.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
..... and spring is coming and your ball is gonna go flat if ya over think this. Go get er.......

QSS

Jippiejake

Feb 1, 2020
Venice Beach California
Hello everyone..
Just like Antigavity I'm also new here. I have been fantasizing over these cars for years now. Just been busy with other older cars restoring etc. Now I feel the sky is clear and its time.
I live in crazy Venice Beach California and work in the music industry in Hollywood.
I really like the Stripe-Delete cars the best for some reason. Also stock is preferred with any and all of the options but the stripes and side stripes. I wouldn't mind not having the sub-woofer though, that little bit of storage would be nice..I'm not a by car stereo guy either since I have to listen to music 10 hours a day at work.
I found a nice black one being sold by a broker named Desneux Motorsports out in Peculiar Mo. if anyone has info on them? The car only has 2400 miles but I wold prefer one with higher miles since I plan to use it.
Any advice about what I should expect using the car to drive to work an hour each way from home and in traffic sometimes? Also have a home in the desert outside of Los Angeles about 2.5 hours away that would like to use.
Thanks for all your great advice.
Looking forward to many years of knowing all of you..
Mike Kerns

Reactions: Ed Sims

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Welcome to the forum. I to prefer the stripe delete and no stripe cars. Took me 6 months to find my car. The search engine on this website is your friend. Learn all you can before buying a GT. Most important to have a PPI done on the car before purchase. I like the older iron cars you currently own. Good luck on your search.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Welcome, guys!

Jippiejake,

Desneux Motorsports has a pretty solid reputation. Other people have spoken up here on their behalf, claiming positive experiences with them. Still, always a great idea to have a PPI done. These are great cars for your described plans. Very dependable and durable and exhilarating; a rare combination in a supercar.

Ps- love the mix in your stable. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would love to see some photos!

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
100,000 miles just starts the break in!
Control arm bushes and tie rod end links make things a little squirrely
Ive never put a new clutch and some of my cars went up to 65000 miles without even slipping.
BULLET PROOF...…...
Just use the Bridgestones.
gtjoey1314

Jippiejake

Feb 1, 2020
Venice Beach California
Welcome to the forum. I to prefer the stripe delete and no stripe cars. Took me 6 months to find my car. The search engine on this website is your friend. Learn all you can before buying a GT. Most important to have a PPI done on the car before purchase. I like the older iron cars you currently own. Good luck on your search.

Thanks Partsaman for your response. I agree with you about a PPI.. But in Peculiar Mo finding someone good to do a PPI will be a challenge.
Thanks for your help.
Best,
Mike

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Partsaman for your response. I agree with you about a PPI.. But in Peculiar Mo finding someone good to do a PPI will be a challenge.
Thanks for your help.
Best,
Mike

Most of the FGT experts will travel to do your PPI.

Funny, being a car nut for 40+ years, I only became aware of Montreal's a few years back. Love the design, so many Miura styling ques. I too like your collection.

Welcome aboard.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Most of the FGT experts will travel to do your PPI.

Funny, being a car nut for 40+ years, I only became aware of Montreal's a few years back. Love the design, so many Miura styling ques. I too like your collection..

Same designer as the Miura- Marcelo Gandini. Alfa had some pretty cool stuff. The AR 33 Stradale is pretty amazing-looking!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No problem. The GT is not a difficult car to drive, and doesnt have any cooling issues in traffic. Dont sweat the stereo, non Mac cars are pretty rare. Back in the day you could buy the pocket, and relocate the sub to behind the seat, no idea if that part is still available. I agree on not wanting stripes.

Welcome! Good luck getting what your looking for!

Any advice about what I should expect using the car to drive to work an hour each way from home and in traffic sometimes?

Reactions: Ed Sims

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Hello everyone..
Just like Antigavity I'm also new here. I have been fantasizing over these cars for years now. Just been busy with other older cars restoring etc. Now I feel the sky is clear and its time.
I live in crazy Venice Beach California and work in the music industry in Hollywood.
I really like the Stripe-Delete cars the best for some reason. Also stock is preferred with any and all of the options but the stripes and side stripes. I wouldn't mind not having the sub-woofer though, that little bit of storage would be nice..I'm not a by car stereo guy either since I have to listen to music 10 hours a day at work.
I found a nice black one being sold by a broker named Desneux Motorsports out in Peculiar Mo. if anyone has info on them? The car only has 2400 miles but I wold prefer one with higher miles since I plan to use it.
Any advice about what I should expect using the car to drive to work an hour each way from home and in traffic sometimes? Also have a home in the desert outside of Los Angeles about 2.5 hours away that would like to use.
Thanks for all your great advice.
Looking forward to many years of knowing all of you..
Mike Kerns

Welcome.....Mr JJ is well known and respected on F-Chat....good addition here. with patience, higher mile cars do come up.....I even know of a black stripe delete car with a couple of stories that could be bought cheaply I think with the proper due diligence. The two experts that I have spoken with and will travel are Rich Brooks and Kendall Pond, both are highly qualified.

And I too own a Gandini designed Italian supercar......

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Dont forget Rich Roback, also very qualified (on the original build team as well)

The two experts that I have spoken with and will travel are Rich Brooks and Kendall Pond, both are highly qualified.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The best advice I can give to potential buyers is not to get hung up on mileage. These cars are now 15years old, so a low mileage car has essentially been sitting in a garage, and this is not good for them. These cars are basically bulletproof so if you see one you like with ”high” mileage go for it, as in reality the mileage won’t be high for such an old car. I’ve got 50k miles on mine with zero problems. That equates to about 3500 miles per year - not a lot is it?
Dave is spot on on the mileage thing.You are better off getting a car that has been driven and cared for.The garage queens will need belts ,hoses, all fluids ,AC recharge,A battery, and tires!Especially tires!
I have driven GT's with 1k on them to 110k on them.And you can't tell the difference! The GT as everyone on this forum will attest to is perhaps one of the greatest cars ever made. BTW I have 53k on mine!Every mile a smile mile!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Welcome.....Mr JJ is well known and respected on F-Chat....good addition here. with patience, higher mile cars do come up.....I even know of a black stripe delete car with a couple of stories that could be bought cheaply I think with the proper due diligence. The two experts that I have spoken with and will travel are Rich Brooks and Kendall Pond, both are highly qualified.

And I too own a Gandini designed Italian supercar......

I’ll bite. Which model?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I’ll bite. Which model?

I was wondering the same thing. Here is a list of his designs I found on the internet;

I thought Tom Tjaarda penned the Pantera tho.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Diablo

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
R5 Turbo. (I've had three, used two for daily drivers.)
r5 3.jpgR5 snow 2.jpg

Reactions: DakotaGT

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
I’ll bite. Which model?

1999 Lamborghini Diablo Roadster, 1 year design 142 made worldwide. Pearl yellow metallic over a red/yellow interior (Momo Special edition). Wish it was easier to post pictures here.....would look great next to a GT 😂

Reactions: DakotaGT

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
1999 Lamborghini Diablo Roadster, 1 year design 142 made worldwide. Pearl yellow metallic over a red/yellow interior (Momo Special edition). Wish it was easier to post pictures here.....would look great next to a GT 😂
And a yellow GT just came up for sale

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
And a yellow GT just came up for sale

Actually a guy reached out to me a couple of months ago with a reasonably priced yellow car, and the only thing my wife had said during this whole searching journey is that I better not bring home another yellow car.....she thinks one yellow car is enough.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Refer to my last post on another post, "who cares what she said". lol