Live Feed: 2015 NAIAS Ford Event 01/12/15 9:00 AM EST

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I wonder if this engine (or close relative) will be in the next GT500?

They'll rename it - GT 600

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Just tuning in here from work.
Nice car but I prefer my 05/06.
Do we have a curb weight and a projected price yet?
I apologize if these questions have already been addressed.
Thnx
Bill

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Sure stole the show from the NSX unveiling!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sure stole the show from the NSX unveiling!

Every time I'd see your username browsing the forum my eyes would temporarily get real wide. :lol

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Great looking car, , the aerodynamics is over the top. EcoBoost in this type of car could work but need HP option to keep up with the competition.

Trucks are judged by pay load and durability, sports cars are judged by 0-60 and HP. Would hate for them to make this car and it not be a top performer.

They hit the ball out of the park with the 05 -06, keep up the great work Mr. Ford - Go Blue Oval and Go Colts!

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Wish I was as connected as you were. I am impressed with your ability to keep a secret. It has been a fun day. Thanks for setting up the video feed and allowing us all to watch.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
EcoBoost in this type of car could work but need HP option to keep up with the competition.

Trucks are judged by pay load and durability, sports cars are judged by 0-60 and HP. Would hate for them to make this car and it not be a top performer.

The EcoBoost engine is logical. To homologate the engine now has to be common but they can "tweek" it for race application. The street version will have compromises for fuel economy, etc. Ford Performance (Ford Racing) and the aftermarket will do the same thing with bigger turbos, etc. But the street has a warranty to worry about. In the hands of the engine builders preparing for the Le Mans, they can build an engine that only has to survive for 24 hours :)

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
That just sounds sad. lol

Agree.

But, I for one, welcome our new forced induction 6 cylinder overlords.

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
....the last one.

phoenix-bankrupt_medium.jpg

You are a sly one, Dave. So, exactly how long have you known?

WOW!!! No kidding!! How long HAVE you known for Dave?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
WOW!!! No kidding!! How long HAVE you known for Dave?
I think Dave has been walking around the design center since he was a child. He learned at an early age to be tigh lipped or he got the wooden spoon !! :lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Every time I'd see your username browsing the forum my eyes would temporarily get real wide. :lol
That's funny... I'm sure your thinking " if they only knew ",,,

Last edited:

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
So where did they test this thing and what did the mules look like?

(It probably wasn't a transit)

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
So where did they test this thing and what did the mules look like?

(It probably wasn't a transit)

Yeah, in all the excitement forgot to ask how the hell Ford kept this such a well kept secret???? Where were the skunkworks located? In Ford? In Detroit? California? And who was the chief designer for this one?

larrypack

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2013
I have embedded the live stream of the media event at the following page.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/homepage/?p=198

Tune in tomorrow at 9:00 AM EST.

Event begins at 9:10 AM.

Concludes at 9:35 AM.

Beautiful car! Not crazy about the idea of a V-6 no matter how many turbos. What will the cost be, that's the biggee.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think Torrie is working on the tune for it now! LOL

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sweet. Now let's earn it some heritage and Eco Boost respect by winning at Le Mans!

I'll bet those engineers working on the mid-engine 'Vette are wetting their pants.

So right !! The New NSX and the C8 Renderings look boring compared to this space ship !!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Our cars don't look old Xcentric. The 1960s & '05-06 GT's design is timeless. The new GT is cutting edge modern stuff (I'm trying to get used to the radical looks). We'll have to see how the new GT looks in 50 years. I think ours will still look cool!

Xcentric, I noticed the ill fitting suits on stage also. I think it's to let you know they are car guys & not suit guys!

My guess on price for everyone asking: $225-275K MSRP. But don't forget the gouge, I mean mark up, over MSRP. Do we have guesses on build quantity?

I don't think it'll be as faster in the mile than our GTs. Our cars are the last of the hot rod V8s in sports car clothes.

Will the new GT get their own forum? Or do we bring them into this one? Combined Rallys?

I have a lot of things going through my mind right now (including what's for dinner?)

Special Ed

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Speciale and 650S as the performance target? If that's the case, then looking at a price point in the $300's?

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-says-gt-supercar-to-hunt-ferraris-lamborghinis-and-mclarens/

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yeah, in all the excitement forgot to ask how the hell Ford kept this such a well kept secret???? Where were the skunkworks located? In Ford? In Detroit? California? And who was the chief designer for this one?

In a basement in Dearborn with extremely limited access.

Last edited:

Shoman594

Jan 1, 2006
Chicago, IL
DBK, could you tell us more about what you got to see at the show? Would really like to hear about what people were saying, who you got to talk with. Even how things were kept under wraps before the show.