Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
True pieces of automobile art.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
What a fantastic way to end on a high note! They look superb and complement each other nicely. I’m also excited you picked the reentry interior which is the favorite option I picked (the wife actually did…) for my spec. Congrats man, you deserve it after all the endless hours/days/months/years you put into being the frontman for the program and putting up with us high maintenance GT owners!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Enjoy in good health!

ScottK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Congrats on the Liquid Victory! Hard earned and well deserved.

Last edited:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Awesome looking! (y) :cool: 🍻 Will either / both of these be driven??!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Wow!
Congrats Dave, this is really awesome! Much deserved sir.
After seeing the one in the very stunning BMW yellow I was like can it be better?
Now I know for a fact that it can.
Congrats again hope see it in person.
Probably better have some smelling salts on hand for some of us.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
STUNNING!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Congratulations Dave, very nice. And great post name, all of us Forum members that were blessed with a NFGT got a Victory. Can’t wait to see it in person.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
F%#kin Larry!
22C574AB-6A3B-4930-933C-484DAF1240E4.jpeg

Shesgotlegs and Specracer.
83879504-3C18-4845-8B04-4029F30B3384.jpeg

Pardeep Dhillon and Tony Benincasa
1F6F3D1A-2A02-4438-AD68-F9745D756FEC.jpeg

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Outstanding!
Looking forward to seeing it in person and (maybe) on Woodward.
Andy (ajb)

Reactions: ScottK

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Congratulations. Well done and deserved.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Gorgeous car and yes true art

Congrats Dave

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Awesome looking! (y) :cool: 🍻 Will either / both of these be driven??!

Yeah I'll drive mine.

The thing is, obviously the cars are (currently) pretty valuable. It's not really a matter of devaluing anything with mileage, it's just that we have absolutely atrocious roads that are not any fun to drive on here, and then these things are very, very difficult to replace. The LC cars use different tools because you can't obscure any flaws with primer and paint, and a different appearance grade of CF. Even still, MNV would typically run 3-5 of each panel before finding a set they deemed suitable for the car.

When I saw the car at MNV pretty late in build it had a dummy panel for the drivers side buttress. I knew that meant they must have found something they didn't like in the panel. In the end I was told the panel on the car now was number 9. That makes me think the majority of the cars built after are now wearing panels originally destined for this one. So I would be lying if I said that didn't make me nervous thinking of all the ways a panel could get whacked years down the road and then trying to replace it with one that is as good. Not saying it's not a bitch trying to paint match a painted panel, because lord knows it is, but it's definitely easier than this.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Wow edition!
If multiple panels rejected, if minor blemishes, hope they will hold on to them for replacement pieces for the rest of us!!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
That's fantastic Dave, hope to see in person one day.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Yeah I'll drive mine.

The thing is, obviously the cars are (currently) pretty valuable. It's not really a matter of devaluing anything with mileage, it's just that we have absolutely atrocious roads that are not any fun to drive on here, and then these things are very, very difficult to replace. The LC cars use different tools because you can't obscure any flaws with primer and paint, and a different appearance grade of CF. Even still, MNV would typically run 3-5 of each panel before finding a set they deemed suitable for the car.

When I saw the car at MNV pretty late in build it had a dummy panel for the drivers side buttress. I knew that meant they must have found something they didn't like in the panel. In the end I was told the panel on the car now was number 9. That makes me think the majority of the cars built after are now wearing panels originally destined for this one. So I would be lying if I said that didn't make me nervous thinking of all the ways a panel could get whacked years down the road and then trying to replace it with one that is as good. Not saying it's not a bitch trying to paint match a painted panel, because lord knows it is, but it's definitely easier than this.
On a reassuring note, I’ve seen some bare CF repaired and was amazed how I couldn’t even notice the slightest hint of repair. Every last fiber blended perfectly.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I know Im going to get bashed here for saying this. But Dave please dont drive this car!!! LOL Its honestly way to nice to drive and should be enjoyed in your living room forever. Drive another one to hell :LOL:

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Wow just amazing spec. Happy for you and Congrats! My OCD would be on another level if I owned that car. Double PPF that whole car top and bottom lol

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
congrats Dave. Really impressive and happy for you!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I was hoping the Antimatter car was yours too! Love that spec.. your car is f#ucking stunning!