Liquid Victory

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I don't want to make anyone read a boring novel about this so here's the condensed version. I had been pursuing the idea of a full bare carbon GT since really 2013. Multimatic does a lot of really incredible stuff, but I've always felt that their carbon fiber work on the GT is as at least as good and often better as that of vehicles that are many, many times the price. I know it's cosmetic in nature, but the GT is so defined by this material and the expertise with which the Ford GT program wielded it that I felt the car in bare CF went beyond just building something that looked flashy.

Fast forward to the carbon car being a reality, me and another GT owner had been pursuing some stuff that went outside of the available option range. I've always felt the dual stripes do not suit the carbon car and the single stripe, while nice, unfortunately covers the chevron pattern that MNV works so meticulously to craft. At some point very late in the program, obstacles to these out of range ideas were eliminated and it became reality.

The team at the production facility led by Angus King graciously agreed to take on the additional time and effort to produce the final two Liquid Carbon cars with the addition of the hourglass stripe patten of the Studio Collection Ford GT. And because Alan Eggly is a wizard of paint and color, rather than doing the stripes in typical paint, he worked out the process to do the stripes in visible tinted carbon fiber. And because I'm often very annoying and persistent, the Ford GT Concierge team figured out how to somehow make these requests work inside the constraints of a pretty rigid system.

We wanted to do something that honored the cars race history, and the iconic scheme of the GT program was the red, white and blue victory livery. As luck would have it, Alan had developed the red carbon fiber tint based from Liquid Red and he had modeled the blue carbon fiber tint on Lightning Blue, the two colors worn on the race car starting in 2018. And of course these are the colors of Raj's VIN 001 2018 Victory Livery car. With the addition of the white re-entry interior, the R/W/B Liquid Victory cars were born. I chose the alternating blue calipers, red mirrors, blue stripes, and the other owner took the reverse. The cars will live together and they look incredible side by side.

This is a significant simplification of the story, but maybe the rest is for a book. What I can say is that the final car was delivered yesterday, and later today Shmee150 will post a delivery video of that final car, so the time was right to show these two cars. I think they're pretty special, and an attempt to pay tribute to Raj, Larry, and the endless amount of other individuals who poured up to 10 years of their lives into these things. Of course we asked Raj and Larry to sign them, because for me, those two are where the story will always begin. Bittersweet, but onward and upward.

Attach0.jpg

Attach0 3.jpg

Attach0 4.jpg
Attach0 2.jpg
TLD_1016-Edit-Edit_1.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Of course, sold by my very good friend Kevin Koshkarian of Pat Milliken Ford, and delivered by Steve Coates, the man of a billion air miles who probably worked harder than anyone else on the Ford GT program.

IMG_8566.jpg
IMG_8581.jpg
IMG_8583.jpgIMG_8569.jpgIMG_8572.jpg

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Awesome, Dave!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
IMG_8574.jpg
IMG_8576.jpg
IMG_8580.jpg
IMG_8582.jpg
IMG_8573.jpg

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
IMG_8565.jpg
IMG_8552.jpg
IMG_8549.jpg
IMG_8543.jpg
IMG_8634.jpg

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Congratulations DBK, WOW they look Awesome. I can't wait to see them in person. Great job on the liquid victory and tribute. 👍👍(two thumbs up)

Joe

dshears

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 26, 2009
Fremont Ca
Spectacular--Stunning--especially love the blue. Congratulations,

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
Thanks Dave for everything and congrats on the Liquid Victory GT! In the sun that GT takes on an entirely different look. Love it.

Attachments

• 52EFA52D-38CA-4957-BCE9-A33F7F320E16.jpeg
    52EFA52D-38CA-4957-BCE9-A33F7F320E16.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 40
  • A76E7BB8-1145-43FB-9CE6-5ED838C7EE11.jpeg
    A76E7BB8-1145-43FB-9CE6-5ED838C7EE11.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 39
  • 2B2BD738-3A8D-4321-BD30-661D01AE8332.jpeg
    2B2BD738-3A8D-4321-BD30-661D01AE8332.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 42

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Wow. Most beautiful auto i have ever seen. Congrats Dave.

MSH_V8

Jun 23, 2018
France
Wow, these two cars are completely incredible! Congratulations !

The blue stripes is N250, right ?
And the red one, what is the chassis number ? N249 ?

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Geez Dave...your imagination to come up with these concepts and drive to implement them is absolutely incredible. Just stunning. No better way to end the NFGT Program. Congrats and well done....Mike

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Stunning is an understatement!

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
Incredible🤜🤜. And no one can copy your color!!! Congratulations Dave

Reactions: Nafod

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
I don't want to make anyone read a boring novel about this so here's the condensed version. I had been pursuing the idea of a full bare carbon GT since really 2013. Multimatic does a lot of really incredible stuff, but I've always felt that their carbon fiber work on the GT is as at least as good and often better as that of vehicles that are many, many times the price. I know it's cosmetic in nature, but the GT is so defined by this material and the expertise with which the Ford GT program wielded it that I felt the car in bare CF went beyond just building something that looked flashy.

Fast forward to the carbon car being a reality, me and another GT owner had been pursuing some stuff that went outside of the available option range. I've always felt the dual stripes do not suit the carbon car and the single stripe, while nice, unfortunately covers the chevron pattern that MNV works so meticulously to craft. At some point very late in the program, obstacles to these out of range ideas were eliminated and it became reality.

The team at the production facility led by Angus King graciously agreed to take on the additional time and effort to produce the final two Liquid Carbon cars with the addition of the hourglass stripe patten of the Studio Collection Ford GT. And because Alan Eggly is a wizard of paint and color, rather than doing the stripes in typical paint, he worked out the process to do the stripes in visible tinted carbon fiber. And because I'm often very annoying and persistent, the Ford GT Concierge team figured out how to somehow make these requests work inside the constraints of a pretty rigid system.

We wanted to do something that honored the cars race history, and the iconic scheme of the GT program was the red, white and blue victory livery. As luck would have it, Alan had developed the red carbon fiber tint based from Liquid Red and he had modeled the blue carbon fiber tint on Lightning Blue, the two colors worn on the race car starting in 2018. And of course these are the colors of Raj's VIN 001 2018 Victory Livery car. With the addition of the white re-entry interior, the R/W/B Liquid Victory cars were born. I chose the alternating blue calipers, red mirrors, blue stripes, and the other owner took the reverse. The cars will live together and they look incredible side by side.

This is a significant simplification of the story, but maybe the rest is for a book. What I can say is that the final car was delivered yesterday, and later today Shmee150 will post a delivery video of that final car, so the time was right to show these two cars. I think they're pretty special, and an attempt to pay tribute to Raj, Larry, and the endless amount of other individuals who poured up to 10 years of their lives into these things. Of course we asked Raj and Larry to sign them, because for me, those two are where the story will always begin. Bittersweet, but onward and upward.

View attachment 67777

View attachment 67778

View attachment 67779
View attachment 67780
View attachment 67781
Wow wow wow. Absolutely stunning 😍. Big congrats and we'll deserved 🥳🎉💪🏻💯👏🏻.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We’ll Dave, you won’t have to worry about anyone copying your last one! You have protection you didn’t have on the Porsche Blue GT! I like your last one much better! Congratulations! PS. Now Let’s Have A Rally!

Reactions: GTAce and ScottK

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Congratulations Dave , it is so sharp! You made a wise decision to reach out for the liquid carbon edition, they are just gorgeous! The CF craftsmanship, as you noted, is world class in every respect!

Just think, under my red painted livery is CF somewhat similar to yours! ;-))

Reactions: scode

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Unbelievable finish to such an amazing journey. Those cars are epic.

The end of the FGT program feels poignant because it meant something to all of us. Being along for the ride has definitely been a highlight of my car loving life, Thanks for sharing the backstory and for everything you and the rest of the FGT team did along the way to make this program a success.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Way cool..!! Congratulations!!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Stunning 🤩 Well done my friend!!! So very deserving. Enjoy and thanks for all you have done.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Give me a minute to pick my jaw up ….. spectacular Dave.

Reactions: Ed Sims