Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
WOW, all these compliments for RED!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Hopefully that photographer puts up more from the session. That's a bad ass photo.

Really need to see Liquid Red on the car without stripes and with a dark wheel. Should look amazing!

Dave I agree about the stripes. I'm still leaning to no stripe as well. I'm ok with darker wheels as long as they have a polished or chrome outer lip.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
This thread has me leaning to red again, when I was agonizing over liquid blue vs yellow earlier. Lots of great choices !:biggrin

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
This thread has me leaning to red again, when I was agonizing over liquid blue vs yellow earlier. Lots of great choices !:biggrin

:agree: I'm with ya, I am really starting to dig this color as well. Wish I had the chance to see it in person.

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Red no stripe is what I'm leaning towards and I don't like red cars. This color is drop dead gorgeous

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I never cared much for the 05/06 red but love the new liquid red... That is if it looks anything like some of the photos I have seen... Would have to look at it in person if chosen. But it may be my choice... Leaning toward no stripes but the red on red my be an option. But like many of us this may all change once chosen and have the opportunity to see each color in person.

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
Here a video of the red in Dubai:
https://youtu.be/2_Al_SAhIhI

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I thought liquid blue was my favorite, but this red is really growing on me!

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
It's an ok RED but I like our red better.

I thought yours was a custom, one off red, "Baboon Butt" Red.

Just kidding, I can't let Stormcat be the only one to give you a shot or two!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks pal, siding with StofmCat - you've lowered your standards.

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks pal, siding with StofmCat - you've lowered your standards.

You got me there. My next jab will be reserved for him, so I can get back on your good side.

Roc Spo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 7, 2006
Since this thread is the only one I've found with pics of two different stripe widths, I'll ask the question here. Is it just me, or are the stripes pictured, along with all those in the configurator, too narrow? I really like the look of the wider stripes. The car is so low, and so wide, that the thinner stripes look almost like pinstripes! The wider stripes make a bolder statement, and fit the character of the car better.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Since this thread is the only one I've found with pics of two different stripe widths, I'll ask the question here. Is it just me, or are the stripes pictured, along with all those in the configurator, too narrow? I really like the look of the wider stripes. The car is so low, and so wide, that the thinner stripes look almost like pinstripes! The wider stripes make a bolder statement, and fit the character of the car better.

To save hunting, see post 6 vs. 7 in this thread to see an example of what roc is referring to