Lime Rock Race

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
He wasn't off by a ton but lost a lot of track position. Slow ride through the grass.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nice to see Vilander in the 62 knocking into everyone. So far he's hit a Ford GT, a BMW and an Audi. Maybe Ferrari is considering a NASCAR entry and practicing...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Halfway to the checkered flag.

62 Ferrari
25 BMW
912 Porsche
4 Corvette
67 GT
66 GT
3 Corvette

911 Porsche
100 BMW

Everyone but the 911 and 100 on the lead lap. Need the 67 to get by the 4. That's the battle for championship leader.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Come on westbrook.....push push push....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ouch, major crash between the 912 Porsche and the 25 BMW. Destroyed both.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
That's one way to gain position....

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just under 30 minutes to go.

62 Ferrari just went off to lose the lead.

Now

4 Corvette
62 Ferrari
67 Ford GT
66 Ford GT
3 Corvette
911 Porsche
25 BMW
912 Porsche
100 BMW

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
And before I can even hit send, 62 goes off again.

Now

4 Corvette
67 Ford GT
3 Corvette
66 Ford GT
62 Ferrari

Briscoe elbowed Fisichella off the track after Fisichella went off on his own again. WTF Risi.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Fisichella needs to get a penalty for his driving! Unreal. Ran wide on turn one, drove on the grass and reentered the track and used a GT as a "fence" to keep himself on the track and then went off again. Good thing the FGT did not go off there as well. He is driving likes its "bumper cars" and has all race long. I understand bumping in NASCAR but this is crazy and its not NASCAR.

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
Vettes taking this one unfortunately. And expanding the points lead.

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
I wonder what all the final specs are for the GTLM cars after all the bop changes.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
BOP adjustment too much !!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nah, I don't think you can take much from today. Corvettes ran a good race. Didn't do anything stupid or reckless to gain position, kept their cool and ran consistent. Unfortunately all the European brands were a complete dumpster fire. The Risi Ferrari's recklessly bad driving luckily didn't take the 67 out completely.

Overall I think the pace between the cars is such that the next 4 races should be exciting, and there are some tracks well suited to the GT coming up.

Of course, after taking this week off, I will be back at Road America. 2 week bans for those who attended Lime Rock and couldn't keep the streak alive. Real nice. :lol

67 GT finishes on the podium in P3
66 GT finishes P5

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Dear IMSA, Drop Lime Rock.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Never going to win them all but the team and drivers certainly have a formula to give the GT a chance to win regardless. That boads well for future races. Trying to remind myself that without adversity improvement never comes. Stoked to see how they will continue to get even better. BOP are a bummer!

Vince H

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Nah, I don't think you can take much from today. Corvettes ran a good race. Didn't do anything stupid or reckless to gain position, kept their cool and ran consistent. Unfortunately all the European brands were a complete dumpster fire. The Risi Ferrari's recklessly bad driving luckily didn't take the 67 out completely.

Overall I think the pace between the cars is such that the next 4 races should be exciting, and there are some tracks well suited to the GT coming up.

Of course, after taking this week off, I will be back at Road America. 2 week bans for those who attended Lime Rock and couldn't keep the streak alive. Real nice. :lol

67 GT finishes on the podium in P3
66 GT finishes P5

Perhaps there is a DBK factor to be considered ~ no one lurking around competitors cars after hours installing those little intake restrictors he's been making in the basement ~ the 'Ford' BoP re-adjustment device. :lol

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
LOL!
Good one Rex!!

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Just got back from the event. The first lap punt by # 62 happened right in front of us. The crowd was not to happy. A lot of Ford GT T-shirts :)
A lot of yellow's and traffic. They mentioned that the GTLM hadn't been there for 3 years.. You can understand why. Still, a fun race to watch.
It was like 15- sec after the field went by and the whole train would come flying by again. The GTD class acted like a moving chicane.. The Ford GT sandwich with the Viper was funny to see, but let one of the Porsche's by. Fun race to watch. Would have like to see a GT win, but after the punt it was going to be tough. Only the one prototype (PC) car moved through the field with ease.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Lime rock is always a fun place to go watch and a great place the race !
All I can say is there was plenty of action!
My advice to the opinionated Gary is if you don't like it don't watch and don't go!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
the punt looked purposeful to me.