Kuttner Doran GT-R

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Unbelieveable find, bookmarked it!!! Just finished all three episodes. Are they posting weekly??

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
They seem to be putting stuff up about every two weeks. There are the three episodes plus about 8 other things to watch.

There are the episodes, sunchaser stuff, quest, and "updates". Now also promoting a line of stuff and looking for sponsors.

Jeffp

Mar 7, 2007
Virginia
Thought I would give everyone an update. We are building a GT2 car for ALMS and should run before years end. Our ultimate goal is le Mans. We also have plans to go up to GT1 before this ride is over! This is called the Kuttner-Doran GTR Project and you can see what is going on by going to the website most of you have found (www.fordgttv.com). We are trying to post new episodes as often as we can and we plan to take you from A to Z on the developement of the car. The project is the dream/idea of Oliver Kuttner and he has gotten his friend Kevin Doran to do the design work and build the car. It is well on its way.

One person posted that they thought it would not work as the brakes and suspension, etc would not do well. We are in fact developing everything new, except the actual chassis structure. Another posted that it would be cool to have us put together a DVD. We are. A full documentory is being filmed. The first 1/2 hour episode is done and we have printed copies to be given out.

We will be at the 12-Hours of Sebring. We have gotten a booth in the Paddock and will have a chassis there along with photos and CAD drawings to see. If you beg really hard we might even be convinced to give you a video.

Hope you all enjoy the project and website. If any of you have any ideas that would help us present this project better, please post them or contact me. I will pass them on.

Thanks. Enjoy the ride.

Jeffp

Last edited:

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I, for one, wish you success. I'm sure everyone on this forum would like to see the car in competition. I will be taping every televised race that you are in. :thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks Bart. I found this some time ago myself, and found it very interesting!

wb1

Apr 21, 2007
Sebring, Fl.
I just joined this forum(which is a cool forum, btw) so I know this post is not particularly timely, but, I met some of these guys at Sebring and you can't relate in print their excitement. They were giddy. It would be worth your while to request the DVD called Quest:Le Mans. It is an awesome DVD.

olibor

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
To the members of the forum,
After many delays we are almost there. Our bi weekly FordGTTV broadcast was not always so byweekly and I am sorry about that. However check it every month now because the avalanche is rolling.
Building the cars was much more work than we anticipated. However we always went with building the better car rather than getting it done sooner. The cars will have a multi year race life and getting them right was more important. Also to this date the house Kuttner doran car still has no sponsor and as such we felt no real obligation. At this point our primary concern and loyalty is to the two race teams which will run at this years 12 hours of Sebring. The Robertsons first and Tim Pappas and his organization second before our own car. We now have a full set of body panels complete. When you look at the car you think it could run tomorrow. That is about 2 weeks off in reality. After completion of #2 we will finish the Pappas car #3 and last our own as priorities before Sebring. While they sound expensive at $623,000.-- everyone who has seen one agrees that there is more car there than that money suggests. Unfortunately we may have to actually raise the price a little after completing the present batch of 6.
I think at this point it is safe to say we will have at least 2 - 3 cars racing at Sebring and I will make it my job to wellcome any of you forum members at our transporter just look for me Oliver the tall guy with the big head of hair and the German accent. Regards

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Oliver, sounds like you're making definitive progress with your cars and the end product will be The One to make us all proud. I haven't visited FordGTTV for some time and look forward to viewing the latest update. We're eager to see the several race FGTs in competition at Sebring.

Much success with completing your builds and at the track.

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Sebring GT '08

OLIBOR-
I spoke with David Murray, briefly, at Daytona. He's really happy to be with the Robertson Team for this year in one of your GT's. The quality of the prep work is being done at the highest levels of the industry. And for a multi-year race car the lengthy development time is necessary.

Good Fortune at Sebring!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Awesome!!!!! Thanks for the find

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Oliver, sounds like you're making definitive progressive with your cars and the end product will be The One to make us all proud. I haven't visited FordGTTV for some time and look forward to viewing the latest update. We're eager to see the several race FGTs in competition at Sebring.

Much success with completing your builds and at the track.

+1 ..:thumbsup

olibor

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Hi fellows a little more,
first thanks to Mark IV for the best wishes. I have no idea how many people read this but I do not even know how to log into my own website. Thus I will write my letters here as I think there is an audience of GT believers and fans. Anyway I would like to point out that this is a David vs Goliath effort. And we realistically hope with the same outcome. Thus I must tell you, what we do not have in cubic dollars, we have in enthusiasm. I would like to give some credit where it is due. Kevin by now eats, sleeps and dreams Ford GT. There are others. See the website "diary" of Angerole Inc. for example. There is just too much engineering to do, so some of it is farmed out and done jointly. "H" who is one of the principal people at the Robertsons (Barber racing) has been at the shop many many hours and has very valuable with first rate problem solving and fabricating. The guys at Yates / Roush keep producing too much power (the engine must be somewhat in the realm of the restrictor mandated outcome) and keep going improving and improving. To give you an idea the last one had 780 unrestricted HP in normally aspirated detuned form. (we need to be in the super bullet proof 500 hp range). The carbon shops in NC and Ohio and at Kevin's have been going in overdrive. And it is coming. There is no doubt in our mind that we have a winner. There is no doubt that it will be a marketing success. We need to find a good sponsor. Someone who can really capitalize on a multi-year branding associated with this car. Help me if you can think of a direct connection. I also want to point out that the movies you see are small sample snippeds in what will become a feature length movie done by Jonny St Ours out of his belief that the story is worthwhile. In the end this will be at least a true dokumentary of the trials and tribulations that become part of attaining a dream. Including the dream of the filmmaker becoming a well respected recognized filmmaker. Jonny is doing this on his own accord. You can see that there a lot of enthusiasm and you may see that there is a lot of talent going around here. We are just normal people trying, and as such forgive some glitches, and as such accept our invitation to be a friend of out team.
In 1994 I got a call from my friend Todd Coady who had just begun a brand of recycled motor oil. He asked me if I would run his oil in the 24 Hours of Daytona. I did and he supported us with a $20,000.-- sponsorship. We finished 4th in class then 5th at Sebring and he ahad an argument with the fleet mechanic that did not want to use recycled (used) motor oil. To this day Todd helps us. Just last week he made a presentation to Samsung for a 3 million dollar 1.3 year deal. See we are just normal people doing what we can. All of us are pursuing a dream. I for one always wanted to be a mini Enzo Ferrari, now I settle for racing the 24 hours of Le Mans (I have done all the other ones I wanted to do already)
Anyway I thank you fellow Ford GT owners for your ear and I remain with regards Oliver

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Oilbor

Thanks for posting - there is a lot of interest here in your project. As you can probably tell, there are a number of guys doing modifications, so things that you do / perfect may have some carry over to us.

If you have time, you should make sure you go through the site - lots of good specifics and information that may help you in development since it is all GT related. Also guys producing parts - like Stillen with their 3:90 gears, etc. and guys that built the GTs (GT Tech, GT Guys and others).

Good luck - can't wait to see it run. Looks like it will be a beautiful car.

Last edited:

olibor

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
Can someone lend us a stock used GT for our homologation meeting? We will have the ALMS technical representative at our shop the week of the 20th of February. While we now have 5 GTs in the shop there is no stock condition car. Part of the homologation is that we must show that our car is similar to a stock car in many respects. We are looking for someone who could lend us his or her car at our shop in Cincinatti (Lebanon). We would have to have the car from the 16th to the 23rd. Your treat is a tour of the shop. If there is someone out there for whom this is easy to do please let me know.
The car must be stock only. No modifications of any sort. Thank you very much Oliver Kuttner

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Oli, what do you mean by no mods? Does that include FRPP Borla muffler, FRPP transmission cooler and FRPP short throw shifter?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Oliver,
Thanks for the update ! I want to be on the list for some carbon fiber body parts !! I hope this forum can put together some type of booster program!!

Last edited:

Thursday

May 31, 2006
The HIVE
New update video "February 14 2008". Looks awesome, keep up the good work!

http://www.fordgttv.com/

Can't wait for the next update!

Last edited:

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Robertson Racing

Stopped by Robertson Racing shop yesterday, Sunday. They were really nice and invited me in for a tour of the shop. They have their Race Mule and it looks like it has been through the mill. They said they messed up one of the engines due to heat. They have now put all kinds of ducts in place and additional coolers. The mule has been interesting, they have been getting some amazing times on the track. At a couple of the tracks they were able to almost match the pole sitters qualifying time for GT2 and the World Challenge cars. Considering it is pretty much a stock GT that is quite an accomplishment.

The new car was supposed to be there on Feb 15th. It has still not arrived. They are still planning to be at Sebring but will probably not have any shake down time before the race. They think they will probably use the race as their shakedown session.
Tungsten:thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tungsten, just loan them your car.

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
To mod

Frank,
Mine has to many great mods that would make them go to fast.
Tungsten:rofl