Just joined the Forum

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
I am in Paris going back to US early January, photos and videos will be posted then including application videos

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Welcome to this great forum.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Eduardo, I've met you many times over the past few years, and we have quite a few friends in common!!! I'm right down the road in Rye Brook, welcome, and I can't wait to see you driving your GT!! For those of you that haven't had the pleasure of meeting, or knowing Eduardo, he has quite a nice array of cars, and he drives them all, no garage queens!!!

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Thank you a lot for your very nice words.
Let us get together in January when I will be back in Rye
I am not sure if you have seen the last acquisitions, mostly Fords but some other cars
They are worth meeting them
Bye the way, through this forum I learned that there are some people that live around our area
I will be glad to meet you all, go for a drive, weather permitting , but please let me know who you are,
I like a lot meeting fellow enthusiasts and share experiences, knowledge and thrills

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Well the final Ford is the 2011 Ford Shelby Mustang 350 GT
White with blue stripes, Borla Exhaust - wonderful- Crager wheels - beautiful - 625 HP a handful, wheel spin on third

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Well, last car of the day
1969 Lola T - 165 with T -70 MK3 Body
Found this car in New Zealand, imported the car into the USA
Needed work, arrived in April 2017, has been under intensive care until a couple of months ago
Nothing serious but needed some heavy TLC
As the saying goes:
‘What Lola wants Lola gets”
When you look at the car, listen to the music, you really fall in love(except for my neighbours)

7.5 liter engine. Almost 600 HP, 800 kg, just picture a sling shot this is how fast this car goes
BTW same power to weight ratio of my La Ferrari,
Less power offset by much lower weight, which is the right way to go
These Lolas competed with Porsche 917 and Ferrari 512 S and M, in the Endurance and Can Am series
It is you, a big engine extremely close to your back, you have two gas tanks, just very, very close, on your side.
Guaranteed sauna!
No protection if you crash, 200 mph car, you wonder how people tracked this car sometimes for 24 hours, day and night, good or bad weather
This particular car was cover of Road & Track , April 84 issue.

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Welcome Eduardo.

I had just re-read the WSJ article about your Lola earlier today. Gorgeous ride that's been one of my favorites ever since Donohue/Penske raced them. Not many pics included in the article, though they were extremely well done. Pls share more.

Cheers!

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
I will when I come back to the US

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Welcome aboard!
Enjoy the ride!

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Eduardo, didn't realize that was you in the WSJ article with the Lola--beautiful car!

When you get back to the states, I'd love to see the two Superformance cars. I've been interested in them for a while (both the Daytona Coupe and the GT40), but am not sure I'll fit as I understand they're very small inside without much head room! I'm over in Scarsdale, so it's a short drive to Rye.

Safe travels!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome to the best forum in the world Eduardo! I am an Ed also. We also have Bonehead Ed, GTEd, etc but I am Special Ed! I hope you will get a NGT!

Ed

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Nice stable Roketman
I am sure you have fun with that Cup car
I have a friend who has one, and he had a great time.
He drove it hard, but he totaled the car at Watkins Glen, at the bus stop chicane.
Nothing happened to him, and as a consolation he got the GT 3 RS👍

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Thank you Ed, I am crossing my fingers, hands and feet!

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Hi Kenneth
My GT-40 has the Gurney bubble, which helps particularly with a helmet
It is tight in general, but when you are in and strapped with the 5 point harness it is one of the best places in the automotive world
Only issue is that there is no foot rest and no place to rest your foot
Daytona Coupe is bigger cockpit but you are very close to the windshield
Still wonderful place to be
I will be glad to show you the cars when I am back from France
Just pm me

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Nice stable Roketman
I am sure you have fun with that Cup car
I have a friend who has one, and he had a great time.
He drove it hard, but he totaled the car at Watkins Glen, at the bus stop chicane.
Nothing happened to him, and as a consolation he got the GT 3 RS��

Eduardo
Do you do any track events or Vintage racing? Are you a member of Monticello?
I am aprox 150 miles from Rye NY
I frequent Limerock, Watkins Glen and am a member at Palmer motorsports park in MA.
Would love to see that Lola! I can have you as a guest anytime at Palmer if that interests you.Palmer has talked about having a Ford GT day track event!That might be real fun!

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Yes I do.
The tracks that I go in the US are:
Watkins Glen - one on the top of my list - NJMP - both Lighting and Thunderbolt -Lime Rock Park, Poconos,
They are close to home.
But I have been to others in the US; Sebring, Daytona, Road America, etc

I also will do some track events in Europe this year.
I am member of the Club Ferrari France since 1983, and I keep a 458 in Paris to drive through Europe and of course track events
I would love to do track events at Palmer with my 2005 Ford GT and hopefully with the NFGT if I get one.
Many thanks for the invitation.
I was there once with a 2011 Porsche GT 3 RS and I recall enjoying the track very much
There is an advantage as I drive in Europe; even though radar detectors are mostly illegal, there is a community based system called Coyote similar to Waze
that works pretty well; then speed limits are higher than in the US, and finally I drive there with my American driver’s licence, and they cannot use the point system on me.

I must say that I am extremely tempted to take the 350 R to the track. This is a car that the more I drive it the more I like it
And of course the Lola which is a high standard but I will do it
I have been to Monticello several times, and it is a great track

Now that the Lola is ready, I will do track events with her

Last edited:

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
By the way, I would love to do some Vintage racing
I have a couple of very good reproductions in addition to the Fords, which I would love to take for a Vintage event
But I do not know if they would be accepted:
They are:
1957 Maserati 450 S - also known as the widow maker
1953 C type Jaguar
1963 Corvette Gran Sport

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Welcome Ed, very impressive collection and great to see you are active. Enjoy. I’m finishing up a 450s recreation as well. Would love to compare notes on your Maserati.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
...Palmer has talked about having a Ford GT day track event!That might be real fun!

Hmmm, possibly in conjunction with Rally 14?

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
This is wonderful
Such a rare and beautiful car
I purchased it from “the old racing car company” in the U.K.
You can see the car on their web page googling the name above

I went to see the car driving from Paris to that place
It was December and we drove arriving on a Tuesday night at his place, tried the car Wednesday morning on a narrow english backroad
Two things came to my mind:
1 - I was freezing to death - this is an open car
2 - I would have purchased this car even if it had a VWBeetle engine - as it is such a gorgeous looking car, that I could not resist
I closed the deal right there
Drove back to Paris - by the way as we got to Paris there was an attempt to break the window of my 458 - I am glad that Ferrari windows are strong as they would have taken passports, credit cards, drivers licence, etc a major nightmare was avoided

You can see a couple of YouTube videos - under Maserati 450S recreation, including some sound of that gorgeous V8 engine
You probably know but in 1957 this car won every race that they were able to finish
But it was nicknamed the widow maker
Those were the days when Italians were the best car designers, and they would draw the lines of beauty on a back of an envelope
Please let me know more about this project, such a rare and wonderful event