Just joined the Forum

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
ThamonGt
In fact you are right
Lost sleep since I saw the news about the NFGT, and when I saw it for the first time, twice in a week on separate events.
The car had the Gulf livery, just gorgeous
The lucky owner showed me the car.
I was totally subjugated by everything about the car, technology, looks, return to Le Mans, performance; difficult to replicate Ford’s act.
The fact that the whole body drops 5 cm - if I am not mistaken - immediately after you press a button is impressive

Last edited:

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
This is wonderful
Such a rare and beautiful car
I purchased it from “the old racing car company” in the U.K.
You can see the car on their web page googling the name above

I went to see the car driving from Paris to that place
It was December and we drove arriving on a Tuesday night at his place, tried the car Wednesday morning on a narrow english backroad
Two things came to my mind:
1 - I was freezing to death - this is an open car
2 - I would have purchased this car even if it had a VWBeetle engine - as it is such a gorgeous looking car, that I could not resist
I closed the deal right there
Drove back to Paris - by the way as we got to Paris there was an attempt to break the window of my 458 - I am glad that Ferrari windows are strong as they would have taken passports, credit cards, drivers licence, etc a major nightmare was avoided

You can see a couple of YouTube videos - under Maserati 450S recreation, including some sound of that gorgeous V8 engine
You probably know but in 1957 this car won every race that they were able to finish
But it was nicknamed the widow maker
Those were the days when Italians were the best car designers, and they would draw the lines of beauty on a back of an envelope
Please let me know more about this project, such a rare and wonderful event

Hi Ed, i'd seen pictures of your 450s before. Great recreation and congrats. Here's a couple pics from my project. Nearly done.IMG_0132.jpga3.jpgView attachment 53840h.jpg

Attachments

• 450s 523.jpg
    450s 523.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 78

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
Looks like a great job
What engine is that?
When it will be ready?

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Our two 450s are very similar, both based off Chassis 4510. Both have Ghibli engine (mine is 4.7l), ZF transmission,and disc brakes.
It is basically done just need to finish up the cooling, brakelines, and connect the electrical. As well as install some minor stuff: seatbelts, side curtains, shifter boot, etc. Should all be done by end of January. If you are ever out West, let's connect. marc

Eduardo Menasce

GT Owner
Dec 27, 2018
Rye, NY
As I said before, I will post two videos that are part of my application, probably the week of January 7
Your reactions will be welcome