June 24th - Motor City Masters Premier Party

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Tuesday June 24th is the premier of Motor City Masters, which Camilo is a contestant on. We're going to have a viewing party up at the garage (located in Troy not far from Woodward) and would like to invite any local GT owners to show up and bring their GT. The garage will be filled with cars and Camilo's art so it should be a fun time. The show begins at 10 PM and runs for 1 hour, so we plan on starting about 9 PM with some food and drinks, but feel free to show up anytime after 8 PM.

Please RSVP either here or to dmbannister@me.com if you'll be coming so we know how many chairs to bring in. :cheers

[video=youtube_share;kSx-OUBBieU]http://youtu.be/kSx-OUBBieU[/video]

[video=youtube_share;a2Mjco8FfC4]http://youtu.be/a2Mjco8FfC4[/video]

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I'm watching the 1st episode on xfinity online. Nowhere as good as watching it with DBK and Camilo. :(

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/...73332112/279319107794/Signature-Design/videos

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Dave - I will be there to cheer-on our friend Camilo :):)

Rex - you in ??? by the way... my FGT is already there .

andy (ajb)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Rearranging my schedule so I can attend. Should be a fun event!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Rearranging my schedule so I can attend. Should be a fun event!

What's on your schedule on a Tuesday at 10 PM? :biggrin

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Think global, not local. :biggrin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRyrlYObhdY

Previously scheduled to be out of town on business.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
:biggrin:cheers

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
That Shane guy needs a slap in the face:ack

[video=youtube;7VCsgZu5uQE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VCsgZu5uQE[/video]

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Count on Lynn and I being there. Off to Jamaica the next morning so why not start the vacation early:biggrin

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Rich, Denis, and Donna will be there. Maybe we will bring a few cars ahead of time for "display".

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That Shane guy needs a slap in the face:ack

Camilo shows up in a Chevy? It was probably on its way to the dealer for a few recalls.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I'm in too! Keith

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Wish I could make it - have fun! :thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Camilo shows up in a Chevy? It was probably on its way to the dealer for a few recalls.

It if wins he will be working for Chevy!

NOIR GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 6, 2006
Detroit
Dave - I'll be there too with guest .

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm confused. I went to their website and there seems to be a first episode available for viewing. It comes across as a regular old style reality competition show, but the subject matter definitely is interesting.

I'm also confused about where Camilo's role is. When they rolled out the participants one woman seemed to recognize him as a teacher, but noone else seems to have made the connection. When they first started out I figured that Camilo would be one of the judges. The others seem to have varying degrees of experience, some fairly advanced auto folks, but weak on design. Yet Camilo has designed an award winning car and certainly has more experience than anyone except the judges. The team leader seemed to recognize his talent and went along with his ideas. So is there going to be some surprise?

I thought the right team won. They were right in that the design presented could be taken to market with a little tweeking. Not bad for a couple of days design and prototyping. I'd drop the little SS stickers though, and I have to agree, the mirrors didn't quite fit with the rest of the car. :)

There was an awful lot of fabrication going on. Did they have helpers to remake the bodies? Surely a car painter and graphics designers don't know how to run sheet metal forming machines to make a hood that could look like that. If so they are quick learners indeed.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Interesting in the opening a short bio was given for all of the contestants, somehow they omitted that Camilo designed one of the best cars of all time!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
He got a new shirt! And shoes!

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
Count me in for two , that is if I can bring my 12 year old son , if not let me know thanks .ELi

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
There is a PBS show called 'Autoline' and their latest segment came out today and had Camilo and Jean Jennings being interviewed about the upcoming 'Motor City Masters' show. Camilo was very informative, and while I don't want to disparage Ms. Jennings, I had the distinct impression that Mayberry's Aunt Bee has been reincarnated as an auto journalist.