Jay Leno defends the GT and Ford

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
The new Octane magazine has a good piece from Jay Leno (his regular column) in which he defends the GT. Later in the issue, there is another nice article noting the great way the cars have held value. Good reading. Check it out.:thumbsup

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Is this the Cobra on cover issue?

I just signed up for a year of Octane at $90 (w/free Swissvax kit)

For my money its the best car magazine....I cancelled Automobile, M-B Club Mag and others....all kept getthing thinner with more sedans, SUV, etc.

I used two get the 2 british Classic car mags..but they go off abit.

Octane just hits the nail on head....and usually has some pit babe pics, classic watches, cameras, gear and events...and Leno an Shelby as monthly commentators.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Yes it is the Cobra issue

Yes it is the Cobra issue. Octane is great but Shelby has signed off as regular columnist. I enjoyed his column but there is still lots of great stuff.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
defends the GT? Why would anyone need to "defend" the GT?

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
defend when attacked

Has to do with the recall (suspension back in 2004/2005) and attempts to label the car an expensive "lemon" by the LA Times and others. Also discusses the fact the GT no longer meets government standards.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Big D.

Defends the GT? Why would anyone need to "defend" the GT?

Gentlemen,

The above was the first thought I had as well. Kind of like reading, "Bob Costas defends Michael Phelps ability as a swimmer!" :confused

Thanks for turning me on to that magazine. New subscription is on the way.

Chip

H

HHGT

I use the LA Times as Puppy Poop Trainers. Once in a while I peak at the Ladies Underwear advertisements. When they call to sell me a subscription, I send them back the soiled papers and they get the hint. I do wish they sold the New York times here in SoCal, I understand the Sunday edition is much bigger than the LA Times. I usually put in $1 and get 12" worth of puppy poop training paper - it is such a good deal.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Try EVO magazine

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
For my money its the best car magazine....I cancelled Automobile, M-B Club Mag and others....all kept getthing thinner with more sedans, SUV, etc.

I used two get the 2 british Classic car mags..but they go off abit.

I read Octane occasionally, but my regular subscription is EVO from England.

GTED

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Has to do with the recall (suspension back in 2004/2005) and attempts to label the car an expensive "lemon" by the LA Times and others. Also discusses the fact the GT no longer meets government standards.

no longer meets gov standards?

my 2 1968 Mustangs don't meet most of the standards of today.

I guess they need something to talk about. :thumbsdow

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Here is the subscription link

http://www.imsnews.com/home.php?page=magPage&pubid=3542

For whatever reason I have seen the GT cause a stir on Ferrari, Lambo, and even Motor-Trend forums. This made me want it more....as it added to its rebel, renegade, outlaw status. It ranges from recall to "its a Ford"....the one issue no one calls out EVER is Speed and Looks.

Its like dating a Playboy playmate.....many are going to take issue...but for 99% its pure jealousy.

Another great mag is Sports Car Market...

http://store.sportscarmarket.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SUB-001

Last edited:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Gov this & Gov that, "F" Gov standreds and the whole Nader crowd. When it comes down to it, less is more when comes to government anything.

Also I believe this article its nothing more than the other guys (car companys) not going to mention there names here, propaganda against Ford, "F" them too.:mad

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I'm sure we all want to be sure that EVERYTHING we do, buy, think, etc. meets GOVERNMENT STANDARDS. After all they do know what is best for us, and I trust them completely to take care of me in every way.:willy

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I'm sure we all want to be sure that EVERYTHING we do, buy, think, etc. meets GOVERNMENT STANDARDS. After all they do know what is best for us, and I trust them completely to take care of me in every way.:willy

Wow, another person that believes the Santa and the tooth fairy! :lol

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Its like dating a Playboy playmate.....many are going to take issue...but for 99% its pure jealousy.

ASSactly!!:thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Also discusses the fact the GT no longer meets government standards.

Which standards? Safety?

Since when does a car have to be designed to meet standards that have not yet been released (at its point of production)?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I don't meet Government Standards. Am I bothered? :wink

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
My dads '56 Chevy has a metal dash and no seat belts.

Somehow three generations managed to survive. Thank you NHSTA, IIHS, EPA, EIEIO, et.al.

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas

Damn, that explains everything. :cheers

Maybe some Enzo boys will join us for some fun at The Mile. :biggrin

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Who gives a Flying F... about the LA Times? Man, this is the Left Coast daily operation manual. They are essentially bankrupt, except for outside financing.

HHGT made an excellent point. It is good for dog paper, packing of items to be sent to the Middle east, and also good for fireplace lighting. Other than that, a worthless source of journalism!

The LA Times is a Lemon of newspaper publishing. Something they can't argue too much with their current financial statement.

Leno Rocks, and his show will bury the ratings on Conan the Non-comedian.