It has arrived!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations John, Enjoy your GT but Be Careful when driving, as they can get away from you. Welcome to the greatest Forum you'll ever be on. Tomy

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Congratulations. Your FGT has a good stable mate. What kind of Cobra? I have one too. I love it, wife hates it, and only room for one toy in the garage.

gtforme

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2009
Welcome to the forum

I too have a cobra and a GT , and I would also like to know what type of cobra you have , they make great stable mates (The GT and the cobra)

My wife is not in love with the cobra , but she definately doesnt want me to sell the GT anytime soon

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Thanks Guys, The Cobra is a Factory Five Mark3 that I built in 2006. It has a built 5.0EFI with a Paxton Supercharger and T-5 Transmission. 408HP at the wheels and 2200lbs. Really fun car. BUT!! its kinda feeling neglected this last week. Like a sibling when the new baby comes home from the hospital I guess?

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Congrats!!! Looks like Alberta Plates on her. Where are you located? There's a large contingent of GT owners both in Edmonton and Calgary, so I hope to see you out this summer.

The DRL's are actually switchable by Ford on their computer. My car is a Canadian car, but I had the DRL's turned off (technically so that I could go the US, but practically speaking both because I wanted them off, and I wanted to save my headlights from the perceived threat that the heat from extended use might in fact crack the lens - yeah, paranoid......) Did you do the relay yourself? I'd like to install one for my Fogs, that way THOSE could be my DRL's. Right now I just turn the fogs on when I'm driving, but I'd rather not run the dashboard LED's all the time either. LOL

Both the LED's and the headlights are fine to run for a very long, long time with zero damage. Heat from the headlights is very marginal...(HID's) and of course the LED's are good for over 50k hours...

Very easy to install the relay for the DRL's...but time consuming just because of the disassembly involved...

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Both the LED's and the headlights are fine to run for a very long, long time with zero damage. Heat from the headlights is very marginal...(HID's) and of course the LED's are good for over 50k hours...

Very easy to install the relay for the DRL's...but time consuming just because of the disassembly involved...

Excellent. As for the headlight heat, do a search here for headlight cracks (and stress fractures)..........that's why I turned mine off.

Last edited:

nsfkid

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2007
Port Credit Ontario
Excellent. As for the headlight heat, do a search here for headlight cracks (and stress fractures)..........that's why I turned mine off.

+1:thumbsup

absolutely correct!

Mike

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Mine too. Being a Canadian car I also had the tech change the computer setting to have them off during the day.
I also have a cobra- Superformance with a 351W stroked to 427. Great car. Wife loves that the best of ALL!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
John, I have a stablemate for my 2006 Ford GT also and it has also become somewhat of a stepchild since owning my GT for 5 yrs on June 13th. As you can see WHITE is my color.

Attachments

• Ford GT & Cobra pictures 003.jpg
    Ford GT & Cobra pictures 003.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 124

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
The GT makes the Cobra look very small! Awesome pair Thamangt. I like the side marker lights! I've never seen that done before? (But the 70 Mustang isn't white??)
John

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
There are a few crazy red car owners in here. Their, (red GT owners), Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory tests results have not been made public yet, so we aren't so sure they are competent in giving an unbiased opinion.

However, enjoy your GT and welcome to the Forum. Looks great! Let us know when you get your first speeding ticket.

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
I got my first at 16! But that was in my Mom's Monte Carlo. ( I'm talking tickets here!!) LOL I know what you mean AtomicGT. I'll keep you posted.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Welcome to the group! You'll have a blast in your new red ride. Hope to see you at some gatherings and rallies.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
How so exciting it must have been. Congratulations!