It has arrived!

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Well its official. I am a Ford GT owner! My 2005 Red GT is a landed immigrant in her new garage. I had the Daytime running lights wired and my Import Inspection done. She almost has her Canadian citizenship. One more provincial inspection and we are good. Almost street legal! Great car and I love it. John

Attachments

• garage.JPG
    garage.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 473
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 470

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
A big congrats! Welcome to the Forum.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
A big congrats! Welcome to the Forum.

Ya what he said !!! :cheers great color too !!! Frank will love you,,:biggrin

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Congrats! What an awesome machine and I know you'll just enjoy the hell out of it! Just curious as to how you implemented your DRL's. Did you install a relay off ignition to keep them on, or did you do this some other way?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Welcome to RED car club. Please ignore the other color naysayers. We don't call him StormKitty for nothing. Be careful learning to drive it. Check out the old threads for new car owners.

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Hey FBA
I had it wired so the headlights come on with the Ignition key on a relay. That way soon as it passes the provincial inspection I will pull the relay out and everything will go back to the way things were. I don't want daytime driving lights.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
How exciting! Just getting to the nice weather too. Enjoy and congratulations.:cheers:thumbsup

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Welcome & Congrats!

H

HHGT

Welcome.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Enjoy it ! :thumbsup gtjoey1314

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Congrats!! You will love it :thumbsup

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
welcome to a fellow Cancuk owner!!! Just changed the oil on mine and head her out stretching her legs last night on the way to an event!!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Congrats!!! Looks like Alberta Plates on her. Where are you located? There's a large contingent of GT owners both in Edmonton and Calgary, so I hope to see you out this summer.

The DRL's are actually switchable by Ford on their computer. My car is a Canadian car, but I had the DRL's turned off (technically so that I could go the US, but practically speaking both because I wanted them off, and I wanted to save my headlights from the perceived threat that the heat from extended use might in fact crack the lens - yeah, paranoid......) Did you do the relay yourself? I'd like to install one for my Fogs, that way THOSE could be my DRL's. Right now I just turn the fogs on when I'm driving, but I'd rather not run the dashboard LED's all the time either. LOL

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Superfly

I am in Edmonton. I had David at Garage Works get his wiring guy to do the relay and he did it so the foglights can be turned on/off as well.
John

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
John, so YOU'RE the guy. Dave had asked me if I knew of any Red GT's that might be available as he had a client looking. Well, congrats again, and welcome to the E-town GT crew. Looking forward to having you out on some drives.

My name is "Pro" by the way. Cheers

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats and welcome,

you are in for a treat! I remember when I first got mine I used to wake up in the middle of the night for the first few nights just to go downstairs and look at her in the garage :) cant say that about any other car!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Congratulations, nice companion car to the Cobra!

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Congratulations and Welcome! Was just a few weeks ago when my car was delivered. This Forum is a great place to share and get information on your car. You will be amazed on how well this super car performs. Take care and have fun. DJ

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
Well you couldnt just let me be the man on the block for a week could you....lol

Congrats once the rocks are gone we will have to get out.

Steve

canadiancobra

GT Owner
Apr 5, 2011
Edmonton,Alberta
Steve, you will always be the man on the block!