Votes: 62 31.2%

• Total voters

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
The black/silver stripe is bone stock. Have Derry's custom wheel nuts for this car as well but not installed. Still in the beautiful case that Derry sends them in. Still with all original factory stickers on the car and plastic seat covers on the seats.:banana

My favorite Mod!
But I think the delivery guy put the box in my hand and about 20 mintues later my GT had jewelry.........:biggrin

It's great as the rotating mass reduction I think equals a Whipple in gained performance.........:rofl

Derry is the man:thumbsup

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
HeritageBruce

How did you lower the seat? I have clearence problems with my helmet, so much so that I am considering purchasing a door and have a Gurney bubble installed...

But before I do that I would try any other possible solution... 1.5 inches could solve my problem.

Thank you

I had the center part of my driver's seat (the portion with the false vents) removed and turned into a removable bun. I take it out and put down some memory foam. My arse sits down nicely and I have room to wear a helmet without hitting the roof. I'm 6"4". When I street drive, I put back in the seat center...its held in with velcro and looks stock. The upholstery to turn the seat bottom into a 2 piece setup was about $160. It could be returned back to stock one piece if, God forbid, I ever sold the car. AC

gtjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 28, 2006
Ummmm ... nothing ... I feel so inadequate ...

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I had the center part of my driver's seat (the portion with the false vents) removed and turned into a removable bun. I take it out and put down some memory foam. My arse sits down nicely and I have room to wear a helmet without hitting the roof. I'm 6"4". When I street drive, I put back in the seat center...its held in with velcro and looks stock. The upholstery to turn the seat bottom into a 2 piece setup was about $160. It could be returned back to stock one piece if, God forbid, I ever sold the car. AC

Great. Thanks for the tip.... I will have it done this Winter so I am ready for next season!!!!

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Heffner pulley and tune, Heffner exhaust. Very content for the time being!

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
Dyno Tune 573rwh
Ford Transaxle cooler

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Well, I have washed mine with a different car wash detergent than Ford uses.....

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Museum/garage queen owners don't hang out here nearly as much as gear head types. I'll bet the actual numbers are completely reversed (25% modified, 75% pure stock).

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Museum/garage queen owners don't hang out here nearly as much as gear head types. I'll bet the actual numbers are completely reversed (25% modified, 75% pure stock).

I agree with this statement...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The vast majority of FGT owners don't participate on this forum.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ahem, I think all three of you are wrong.

I know quite a few guys around town that don't post on here. Three of them I see relatively regularly. All three have pulley/tune/exhaust. A fourth has a Whipple. In fact, I take that back, add three more now that I think of it, another has the KB snout kit and the the other two are p/t/e. I know a couple that are stock, but the percentages are bout the same.

I also think there's nothing about being a gearhead that makes you more likely to go on the internet. Not making fun, but GTJoey and Empty Pockets post on here all the time (more than most), and their cars barely leave the garage.

We're getting close to what, 1,000 guys that own the car on the site? That's a pretty big sample for a car there are currently well under 4000 of.

I agree with this statement...

The vast majority of FGT owners don't participate on this forum.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
MMMmmmm now that I think about it I haven't see a stock GT at Roush yet and they usually have 5-6 cars being serviced every time...

Still usually people that keep their car stock are in the vast majority...

But then again the GT is a little different from any other car...

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
I sent my first GT to some gent in Wisconsin who chopped the roof off. After nearly 2 years it's still awaiting completion. It does have some pretty seat grommets and a trans axel cooler. Yanked out the MacIntosh and put in a different radio. Other than that the thing is stock.

My other GT sports Moton 3way adjustables and has five point seat belts.

I let friends drive my fgt so I'm somewhat shy about cranking up the power but that is probably going to change.

edited by Bony for acceptable language :)

Last edited by a moderator:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Allow me to clarify...
My remarks where not a comment about modding the cars or not, nor being registered on the forum. They where aimed at participation on the forum.
I know several highly modded cars here in Fresno that they owners are not registered on the forum, a few more where the owners came to the Rally but never post.
I do know that if a GT owner needs information, they will come here, if they post or not, is another issue.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
MMMmmmm now that I think about it I haven't see a stock GT at Roush yet and they usually have 5-6 cars being serviced every time...

Still usually people that keep their car stock are in the vast majority...

But then again the GT is a little different from any other car...

If any of you know Jay Anand maybe you could give him a ride in your GT, he seems to need some help from local GT owners.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
If any of you know Jay Anand maybe you could give him a ride in your GT, he seems to need some help from local GT owners.

By all means...

My GT is at Roush right now.. undergoing surgery.... (short shifter, accufab ex, accufab TBs, Ford smaller pulley, KW suspension kit) but as soon as it is ready I would love to meet up with Jay.

Do tell him to PM me!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Ahem, I think all three of you are wrong.

I know quite a few guys around town that don't post on here. Three of them I see relatively regularly. All three have pulley/tune/exhaust. A fourth has a Whipple. In fact, I take that back, add three more now that I think of it, another has the KB snout kit and the the other two are p/t/e. I know a couple that are stock, but the percentages are bout the same.

I also think there's nothing about being a gearhead that makes you more likely to go on the internet. Not making fun, but GTJoey and Empty Pockets post on here all the time (more than most), and their cars barely leave the garage.

We're getting close to what, 1,000 guys that own the car on the site? That's a pretty big sample for a car there are currently well under 4000 of.

I too agree with Dave, I know of several guys with GT's who do not post on the forum. One has a Whipple, one is a TT, and others have a handful of mods.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Where do the guys who aren't Forum members their GT info from? How do they even know about a Whipple, or a pulley? I assume that they must read here, but don't post or join.

Howard

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I bet a lot of guys are like me, not brave enough to do any engine mods until the warranty goes out in 2009. I will get a pulley/tune then, already checked on the price....

I am too old for a Whipple....:bored

Hammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 10, 2006
San Diego, CA
No mods yet, unless you count Lloyd's mats and chromed coolant and oil caps in the engine compartment.
But -- I have a short throw shifter, and a new Heffner pulley and tune (thanks DBK!) ready to install the next time the GT Guys are in California.
Also planning on a Ford Racing trans cooler, and a Borla exhaust in the next year.