Is the hope for manuals in the future?

Kpgarage

GT Owner
Mar 17, 2019
I bought the new GT500 CFTP with the flappy paddles and an amazing DCT. It may be faster than the FGT. BUT, there is definitely a big disconnect when you don't have the three pedals. Some of my old timer car buddies used to call manuals "direct drive or straight drives". I thought that was strange but it actually is true. When you pull the FGT into 2nd gear for instance and press on the go go pedal there is definitely a direct connection and that is what enjoying performance driving is all about.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That’s why I have what I have. All contemporary analog manuals. Except the new GT!

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
2E7B0322-C08D-45FC-A055-6DBD4C9B6F2A.jpeg
Drive one of these and you’ll forget about manuals; best DCT I’ve ever used!

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Can we still call them "man"uals? Or would notomatic be the PC term?

Reactions: roketman
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
View attachment 62619
Drive one of these and you’ll forget about manuals; best DCT I’ve ever used!
Yeah,.....no. I will never forget about a manual. That's like saying once you drive a Tesla you'll forget about your 2nd generation, gas guzzling, V8 supercharged, bad ass mother f#cker Ford GT.

I don't think that will ever happen in my lifetime. Maybe it will once I'm dead.

QSS

Reactions: Shark01

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Andy i think you should be less concerned with manuals being around than internal combustion being around in the next 25 years... and after that it will most likely be illegal to even drive on public roads.... self driving electric cars will be mandated by the government, the future looks bleak..
then most cars that are not museum quality or are of some value as a collector item will lose all of their value in short manner of time. there I painted a picture of the future for you.. better start driving your fox bodies while you still can :)

Word...

I have absolutely churned over the above and it has influenced my car purchasing However, though I will miss the orchestra of sound and accompanying “Je ne cest quois” of the combustion engine my defence is this:
Buy what I love. Every car I have is my favourite car, is unique, rare, and I don’t have to drive it to love it. That being the case, if combustion engines become illegal or otherwise unusable, I will store each drive train to display cases for display in my car barn and convert all my beautiful tin into, (reversible), electric cars. That way, I still get to enjoy each cars uniqueness. I collect watches. I don’t use them to tell time anymore but are like ultimate masculine jewellery by which reflect my taste and regard/expression of the value of time.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I still enjoy wearing watches and driving manuals!

Attachments

• E5936F8B-6757-4468-AEB6-BBCD8A163B64.jpeg
    E5936F8B-6757-4468-AEB6-BBCD8A163B64.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 9FC16F43-E3C5-452B-BD94-D3D661E14BD6.jpeg
    9FC16F43-E3C5-452B-BD94-D3D661E14BD6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Kpgarage

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Word...

I have absolutely churned over the above and it has influenced my car purchasing However, though I will miss the orchestra of sound and accompanying “Je ne cest quois” of the combustion engine my defence is this:
Buy what I love. Every car I have is my favourite car, is unique, rare, and I don’t have to drive it to love it. That being the case, if combustion engines become illegal or otherwise unusable, I will store each drive train to display cases for display in my car barn and convert all my beautiful tin into, (reversible), electric cars. That way, I still get to enjoy each cars uniqueness. I collect watches. I don’t use them to tell time anymore but are like ultimate masculine jewellery by which reflect my taste and regard/expression of the value of time.
you know I was just kidding around? it wont get to that for at least 30 years :)

F Pilot

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2021
Toronto
Lmao. That’s a good one.

but it does make me think twice about an F40 purchase or 300sl purchase.

Best.

Jeff

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I think my next car may be a 991 GT3RS or GT2RS with the DCT. Does anyone have any leads?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Be happy your not looking for a GT3 (RS or standard) 997 .1 or .2, those cars are on fire these days

I think my next car may be a 991 GT3RS or GT2RS with the DCT. Does anyone have any leads?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
speaking of.. ran across this last night.. if you have a prime account or hulu you can watch it there

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Would consider Rousch stage 3 mustang. 775hp and can have 6 spd manual. Many options as well!