Is the GT's Magic Dying?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Empty Pockets said:
But, that really was because of having rec'd major skeletal trauma (in a two story fall) and not wanting to be tempted to ride the bike & maybe being "hit" & risk getting screwed up again. I guess that's where the, 'God willing', part comes in!!!!! :lol
E.P.
Wow! I need to take you to Vegas with me. Being lucky enough to survive that, I am sure you bring me some luck on the Craps table. :biggrin

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Roc, did you get your whipple yet?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
abolfaz said:
I'm begining to look seriously into the CGT again...
I wouldn't mind one either. The prices are falling. I have seen one even hit $299K! :eek
Glad I did not get one 2 years ago when I was really considering one.
Would it be a replacement or an addition to your already fine stable?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
DBK said:
Roc, did you get your whipple yet?
Nope, no time yet. It is our peak season in our business, and I have no time to do anything. As a matter of fact, I'm late for the Irvine event! :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:willyRuuuuunnnnn.....

V8 FGT

GT Owner
Oct 2, 2005
London
:willy

Unless i'm a "forced" seller I will NEVER part with my GT, I love everything about it.....and the respect and response it gains here in the UK is just immense....its still the best looking "modern supercar" IMHO. You can keep your 430's and Gay'rdo's..... I love my BIG Ford...:thumbsup

Its even better now i've had the supercharger uprated and a Tubi exhaust fitted!!! Pushing 650+bhp on the rolling road!

On a recent trip to a Pistonheads dinner my beast was spitting 2 ft blue flames out the back.......I just hate it when it does that!!! :lol :banana :lol

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
DBK said:
:lol

People sell cars. It happens. And Big Carrot doesn't count. It's a miracle he's had it this long...

HAHA!! That's true! I really do enjoy this car tremendously! I drove it last night, and was grinning ear to ear! I usually get used to horsepower pretty quickly, but every time I get in my GT it seems so damn fast! I just like a change of scenery now and then.

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
V8 FGT said:

Unless i'm a "forced" seller I will NEVER part with my GT, I love everything about it.....and the respect and response it gains here in the UK is just immense....its still the best looking "modern supercar" IMHO. You can keep your 430's and Gay'rdo's..... I love my BIG Ford...:thumbsup

Its even better now i've had the supercharger uprated and a Tubi exhaust fitted!!! Pushing 650+bhp on the rolling road!

On a recent trip to a Pistonheads dinner my beast was spitting 2 ft blue flames out the back.......I just hate it when it does that!!! :lol :banana :lol

Extremely well said V8, good to hear the sincerity in some folks...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
V8 FGT said:

I love PISTONHEADS... never been there when it was really jumping...maybe next year as part of GOODWOOD REVIVAL....

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The Romance Will Continue On !!

bony said:
I think the magic is there and will remain strong. I think those folks selling have either not personally connected with the car, or there are other family, business reasons.

The GT is a pure personal high performance tourer, no luggage space, hard to take into public places, expensive to maintain. I can see that some folks over extended themselves to buy it, and no are pulling the plug.
Bony,
You are correct.
THE ROMANCE CONTINUES ON.

It has now been 40+ years, with no end in sight.
It is ALL about the ROMANCE!!
I have had a never ending ROMANCE Mrs. Spirit as well as with the MACHINES, especially the GT [It’s a good thing that the GT isn’t a woman or I would really be in trouble].
NO ROMANCE = NO PASSION
ROMANCE is what keeps the flame alive.
Both are truly works of art.

"The trouble with super heroes is what to do between phone booths."

Ken Kesey

Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Empty Pockets said:
It's really not JUST "Ford guys", Tony! I "was" a bowtie boy all my life ... until the GT came along ( and Maxie Price Chevrolet in Loganville ,Ga. screwed me outta my '06 ZO6 ... and not even GM's Chairman/CEO Wagoner would assist in correcting the situation ... but, that's a whole 'nuthur story). The minute I heard Ford was going to build the GT I intended to get one. Hard as it was to do so , I waited until the NUTZO pricing frenzy died down before I bought one, but I got one! God willing, now that I have it, it'll be mine as long as I'm breathin'. I have no intention of selling it.

However ... come to think of it, I did say the same thing about my 6 cyl Honda CBX (motorcycle),too, and I sold THAT! But, that really was because of having rec'd major skeletal trauma (in a two story fall) and not wanting to be tempted to ride the bike & maybe being "hit" & risk getting screwed up again. I guess that's where the, 'God willing', part comes in!!!!! :lol

E.P.

RIGHT ON EP! Hopefully the weather up there is getting better for you guys.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
EP..tell us about the Z06 deal you got screwed on... :confused It might make a few of us feel better on deals we have all missed.

mardyn

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Big Carrot said:
HAHA!! That's true! I really do enjoy this car tremendously! I drove it last night, and was grinning ear to ear! I usually get used to horsepower pretty quickly, but every time I get in my GT it seems so damn fast! I just like a change of scenery now and then.

Understand Carrot....

Change is good sometimes......

If you are anything like me , you just cannot let em sit around...

I find myself wanting to part with a toy every now and then and

that all changes once I get behind the wheel......

These cars are just truly incredible in all aspects..

And I would'nt find myself being able to find another one that
has the same options-goodies as this one does if I do sell...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Oh Hell no !

Christ it makes me smile when I wake up in the morning just thinking about my car sitting in the garage. It only gets worse when I actually make it into the garage, sit down and press that magic red button on the dash !

No this will never change for me. :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
Ripper 02 said:
Understand Carrot....

Change is good sometimes......

If you are anything like me , you just cannot let em sit around...

I find myself wanting to part with a toy every now and then and

that all changes once I get behind the wheel......

These cars are just truly incredible in all aspects..

And I would'nt find myself being able to find another one that
has the same options-goodies as this one does if I do sell...

Yeah, I sorta think that finding and buying a car is half the fun. I love going to the garage and seeing something new. Once the new wears off, and everyone starts knowing me as "the guy with the XXXX", I start wanting something different.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Big Carrot said:
Yeah, I sorta think that finding and buying a car is half the fun. I love going to the garage and seeing something new....

I can certainly identify with that. The chase is half the fun. :cheers

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
the "ZO6" (NON) deal

mardyn said:
EP..tell us about the Z06 deal you got screwed on... :confused It might make a few of us feel better on deals we have all missed.

mardyn

BRIEFLY - the thing was this: Maxie Price agreed (and I have printouts of ALL emails on this) in June of '05 to sell me a 2006, 427 ZO6 for MSRP less $500 ... I was SUPPOSE to be #42 on a list of 45 people getting one of the ZO6's they were allocated ( acc'ding to the salesman, Keith Perkins). I sent 'em a $2K "non-refundable" deposit on the car per Perkin's instructions. There was SUPPOSE TO BE an actual LIST of ZO6 buyers ...1,2,3,4,5,6 ETC. and as your "number" came up in numerical order, your car was ordered from GM. 'Simple. EXCEPT - what Maxie Price ACTUALLY ended up doing (when they found out how big a premium they could suck out of people) was selling EVERY ZO6 they recieved to the "highest bidder" ... ignoring those of us who'd sent in deposits for "lesser" deals. Therefore, the only "line" that REALLY existed turned out to be the one I had been FED. My " NON-REFUNDABLE" deposit check was sent BACK via an "overnite" UPS letter 8 months later(!!) with a "cover your butt" letter about their allocation having been cut, blah, blah, blah.

I sent all documentation, as well as a photocopy of my deposit check, to various "muckity-mucks" up the line at Chevrolet & GM - UP TO AND INCLUDING RICK WAGNER, CHAIR & CEO of GM - in an attempt to GET the car I was promised ... and instead of ANY OF THEM working to provide me with the car - they all kissed the whole thing off instead!!!! SO! In a certified letter to Mr. Wagner, I informed him I was DONE with GM because of this "brush off" and GM's obvious policy of allowing dealers to pull a stunt like that w/o GM doing a THING about it. Whether he actually even SAW the letter or not (and I doubt it), or actually READ what I wrote ( as if he'd have given a rip anyway!) ... I ment what I said. So. When I got my GT ( July '06), I had a photo taken of me standing beside the car AND SENT IT TO HIM along with a note rehashing all the aforesaid and offering the photo as visual proof I'd ment what I'd said (again - as if he'd CARE). And, tomorrow there will be ANOTHER photo taken ... this time of me standing beside the 2007 BMW we just took delivery of today at BMW Bellevue which I will ALSO send to the man. In the accompanying letter, I will point out to him the fact that's roughly $250,000 now in OTHER manufacturer's bank accounts because of GM's "ho hummmmm" attitude with regard to the above stated events. Again - Wagner himself will pbly never see it. But, it'll give me NO END of satisfaction SENDING IT anyway. There will NEVER be another NEW GM car in my garage(s). Period. I wasn't just "blowing smoke". They obviously couldn't care LESS about having my business - so why the devil should I hand THEM another dime??????????

'Been a Chevy/GM guy all my life. But, no more. They can go ...well, you know...

And, that was the BRIEF version!

E.P.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
EP, I remember seeing the Max Price offer on the net when I was looking at a Z06 too. After I saw a GT in person I bought one after the pricing frenzy subsided.

BlackICE

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Wow, EP, I'm sorry to hear you had such a hard time with those jerks. :frown

The GT will bring more joy then the Z06 would have ever brought you anyways! :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
EP-

I had a similar thing happen to me with my local Porsche dealer (Champion Porsche Audi). I was number one on "the list" for a GT-2 back when they were introduced. I had previously purchased several cars from them. Long story short, the dealer yanked me around and sold my position to some "celeb". After my FU rave with sales man and general manager, I went out and bought a BMW Z8 which at the time were also just announced and very rare. Drove it to their showroom and announced I was done with Porsche. I have not given a Porsche a second look since.