Installed My Heffner Performance Exhaust !!

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Well A few days ago I called Heffner Performance and ordered his polished cat back exhaust system. I couldn't be happier with the results !! The exhaust was delivered in perfect order, on time and looked great , the polishing job is top notch and the tips look awesome, I debated putting it on the shelf as a show piece !

We decided to install it yesterday evening after it arrived. My father and I tackled the job in just a few hours and we were super impressed with the results. The system went in without any problem and bolted right up to the stock mounting hardware smooth as butter. The new system must have weighed 50 lbs less than that stock beast !!! It really clears up the area behind the air box and makes for a much cleaner look. Not to mention how much better it looks from the outside , the tips look great and lined up perfect without any adjustment, and you can see the polished tubes behind the the mesh screen from the rear of the car and it looks wicked !

Now for the best part , the sound ! Up until now I had only heard the Heffner system on a turbocharged car , but this sucker sounds awesome with the supercharger !! Idle is just a little bit throatier and you can take it easy out of the neighborhood without waking all your neighbors , then when you lay into it at WOT it opens up nicely and sounds very commanding and has a great tone to it. :eek but not too overly loud ( ie. frpp headers/open pipes ) We did not notice any interior drone at cruising speeds ... which was a big deal to me. :thumbsup

overall I guess you can tell Im EXTREMELY happy with it ! Thanks Jason Heffner , now the car sounds as good as it runs !

back out for another drive now , ill get some pics and video this weekend ! :banana :banana :banana

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please share pics/vids when you can

:thumbsup

Swazi

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 9, 2006
Northern California
just curious, did you install it with the baffles or without?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Please make sure you check for drone at 2K rpm. This seems to be the problem point.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Awesome update bud!

Just ordered the same system... cannot wait!

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Outlaw- I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd post a few shots of my Heffner cat back exhaust. I bolted it up two weeks ago. Perfect fit and wonderful finish. Thank you Jason.:thumbsup

Heffner1Large.jpg

Heffner4Large.jpg

Heffner6Large.jpg

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Looks great! Anyone know how it compares to Accufab?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Looks great! Anyone know how it compares to Accufab?

Accufab is significantly less expensive. The Accufab is an X pipe and the Heffner is more of an H pipe. They both make comparable (insignificant) incremental power gains. They both sound about the same. I prefer the Heffner tips.

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
OK thanks. I already have the Accufab and really like the tips on the Heffner piece, but I dont think thats enough of a reason to switch over

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'm with ya Chris....... Heffner has nice Tips!

Franky - upgrade!

No Drone. Unfortunately I can still hear my wife:bored

QKSTNG514

Mar 8, 2006
Orange Park FL
Absolutely gorgeous!!

Not to mention it ran in the 10.90's saturday on the factory street tires!

Congrats Ken and Aaron!!

TonY G

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Looks very nice :thumbsup

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
yep, thanks to Tony at HP performance for the tune and pulley !!! stock tires, pump gas , drivent ot he track: 10.90 @137 - and they kicked us off the track ! haha thanks again tony for the great running and performing car !!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, this is the system I'm interested in. Will be in FL in April and will check it out then. Still very cold here Mike, but looks like you guys are going to get some of it too. Hope you didn't forget how to iceskate. Chicago autoshow was pretty good, but no Ferraris or Astons.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Please make sure you check for drone at 2K rpm. This seems to be the problem point.

'Simple 2 fix. Drive it at 1,900 or 2,100 RPM!:biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes Pockets, if only things were that simple.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes Pockets, if only things were that simple.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I'm a "simple" kinda guy!

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
We did not notice any interior drone at cruising speeds ... which was a big deal to me. :thumbsup

Please let us know if you encounter any drone once you've driven the car more often. Did you install the baffles?

Rob

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have no drone. It is substantially louder than my Ford Racing Borla was. I am currently running without baffles but will probably see what it is like with the baffles in place at some point.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I have no drone. It is substantially louder than my Ford Racing Borla was. I am currently running without baffles but will probably see what it is like with the baffles in place at some point.

Thanks very much Chris. Do you know how difficult it is to install the baffles after the fact, as you're considering? I'd like to install this Heffner set-up however I'm concerned it might be too loud for my taste. Can you go light on the throttle and keep the noise down or are you waking the neighbors frequently?

Thanks,

Rob