Installed My Heffner Performance Exhaust !!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks Outlaw and Chris for sharing all this great information. It's very helpful to those of us still on the fence.

Kave

GT Owner
Nov 13, 2006
I'm with ya Chris....... Heffner has nice Tips!

Franky - upgrade!

No Drone. Unfortunately I can still hear my wife:bored

I installed the borla exhaust, the ford long tube racing headers, and took the cats off.

My wife can scream all she wants now, nobody will hear her.:willy :willy :willy

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I have no drone. It is substantially louder than my Ford Racing Borla was. I am currently running without baffles but will probably see what it is like with the baffles in place at some point.

It looks SOOOO much better than the stock one does. Absolutely gorgeous!! :thumbsup And while riding back from the Towers w/Chris last weekend, the engine now sounds like the GT looks (much better than the quiet stock exhaust IMHO), but we had no trouble chatting during the drive. Although he thought it might be a little on the loud side, I thought it sounded just perfect! :banana

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks very much Chris. Do you know how difficult it is to install the baffles after the fact, as you're considering? I'd like to install this Heffner set-up however I'm concerned it might be too loud for my taste. Can you go light on the throttle and keep the noise down or are you waking the neighbors frequently?

Thanks,

Rob

The baffles install at the connection flange. You would need to drop the diffuser and lower grill to get to these flanges. Definitely not something you'd do on a regular basis.

Yes, you can keep your foot out of it and keep the noise down.

According to Jason @ Heffner, nobody has ever installed the baffles that he knows of. I may be the first when I get around to it.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
Chris, if at all possible, can you record sound levels with and without baffles? And maybe a sound level of a stock exhaust? :biggrin

No one has ever done this yet. I don't know why. Companies that offer exhausts should do this so potential customers can make informed decisions.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I think Chris now has enough cars to perform the test all at once. 1)stock, 2)heffner with baffles and 3)heffner without.

I have the accufab. The biggest difference from stock is that people will notice you on approach instead of during/after you pass. If we could tune the pitch to attract only women . . .

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
yep, thanks to Tony at HP performance for the tune and pulley !!! stock tires, pump gas , drivent ot he track: 10.90 @137 - and they kicked us off the track ! haha thanks again tony for the great running and performing car !!

Great Numbers Aaron :cheers

What was your launch RPM ??

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
about 3000rpm and dumped it. it bogged real bad then just rolled out. ONly got the one pass, i know it would have picked up with a better launch.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Outlaw...pulley/tune/exhaust only got you 137mph? WOW! :eek :cheers