IMSA PASSION GONE

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
With the Gt leaving IMSA , I have lost my interest in going to the races! My team is gone and so am I! The Ford GT’s will really be missed! To bad I would have loved to see them kick some butt on the new Corvette!
Just my 02

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I hear you Ron. The GT program ending is a rather melancholy situation, what a bummer!
You'd think someone would have carried on as privateers, at least until the end of the production run.
However not all is so bad, there are
Six (6) GT4 Mustang's running in the
Michelin Pilot Challenge in GS-
Grand Sport class.
I will be definitely be rooting them on and following that series.
Huge Mustang fan here 😊

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I hear you Ron. The GT program ending is a rather melancholy situation, what a bummer!
You'd think someone would have carried on as privateers, at least until the end of the production run.
However not all is so bad, there are
Six (6) GT4 Mustang's running in the
Michelin Pilot Challenge in GS-
Grand Sport class.
I will be definitely be rooting them on and following that series.
Huge Mustang fan here 😊

Same here. I will be following the Mustang GT4's.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Any non factory ( including multimatic) GTs running any races this year?

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado
Any non factory ( including multimatic) GTs running any races this year?
Apparently they are done. No private entries.

If you do still want to watch IMSA, root for Jordan Taylor, I know he is running for Chevy this year but the dude is absolutely hilarious.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Member Ryan Hardwick is running a Porsche in IMSA in the GTMD Agreat guy and awaiting a new GT

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Interesting BoP for Daytona:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well Daytona is this weekend.... I guess I watch some to "support" American road racing, but sure is different...

Reactions: Vince H

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Well Daytona is this weekend.... I guess I watch some to "support" American road racing, but sure is different...

The good news is we don't have to worry about falling iguanas while watching from the living room.

Reactions: Ed Sims

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This was always going to be a down year on the rollercoaster that is road racing. Last year was absolutely phenomenal crowds everywhere. Watkins Glen, Road America, Petit...huge crowds, incredible car lineups, manufacturers galore. The pinnacle.

This year I'll watch DPi with interest for the Mazda team, with Harry and Olivier driving, and a whole load of our Multimatic friends at every level of that program. GTLM obviously took the big hit with no more GTs, but it should still be interesting to see how the new Corvettes perform. I expect them to have a fairly easy transition. Those guys are absolute pros. Wright Motorsports/1st Phorm 911 is the car for me in GTD for Mr. Hardwick and Frisella.

I asked my 7 year old son if we should still go to the races since we've been going to The Glen and Elkhart Lake every year to camp and hang out now that the GT is not racing, and upon learning that information he started bawling. THANKS FORD. 😂 :mad:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
New Vettes will do great initially as a “welcome to racing before we screw you over with BOP”. And of course the bow-tie boys will say Ford couldn’t stand the heat so they chickened out of racing.....

Reactions: Ed Sims

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My only interest is in Ben Keating during this Daytona and his quest to drive two cars in the same race! Should be interesting!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
New Vettes will do great initially as a “welcome to racing before we screw you over with BOP”. And of course the bow-tie boys will say Ford couldn’t stand the heat so they chickened out of racing.....

Yup, typical bowtie blather I've heard all my life. Goes in one ear and right out the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: THamonGT

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
This was always going to be a down year on the rollercoaster that is road racing. Last year was absolutely phenomenal crowds everywhere. Watkins Glen, Road America, Petit...huge crowds, incredible car lineups, manufacturers galore. The pinnacle.

This year I'll watch DPi with interest for the Mazda team, with Harry and Olivier driving, and a whole load of our Multimatic friends at every level of that program. GTLM obviously took the big hit with no more GTs, but it should still be interesting to see how the new Corvettes perform. I expect them to have a fairly easy transition. Those guys are absolute pros. Wright Motorsports/1st Phorm 911 is the car for me in GTD for Mr. Hardwick and Frisella.

I asked my 7 year old son if we should still go to the races since we've been going to The Glen and Elkhart Lake every year to camp and hang out now that the GT is not racing, and upon learning that information he started bawling. THANKS FORD. 😂 :mad:

Yes on the Mazdas.
Besides the GT4 MUSTANG'S, will be following this team also.
Hiroshima Strong 👍

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
We are here and attendance seems much lower from what we can tell so far. We were hoping there was going to be a privateer effort when we made plans last year, but that didn't happen. We still come because this is a fun spectacle being at a 24hour race. Longer races are one of the few things that help negate what B.O.P tries to control. Very strange walking through the pits and seeing all our guys names on other teams. Monica and I were at least happy most picked up rides. Very cool to see Ben's name on two different pit boxes. He did well so far.
We are lost on who to push for. We will be pulling for the Vettes since we know some of the people from Spring Mountain. It was cool watching them go down the straight at night with a blue flame about six inches long out of the two exhaust pipes. Turned glowing red after they got off throttle. The idiot announcers were saying it looked cool but was obviously an efficiency problem... until they saw it coming from the Porsche too. The new Vette sounds much like the GTs and I am surprised more people aren't making fart jokes about it. The Vettes use to thunder around. All of the GTLM cars are very quiet now with the exception of the Porsche.

Reactions: Cobrar and THamonGT

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I will watch some, but without a dog in the fight it just won't be as passionate.

Vince H

Reactions: Stef and THamonGT

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
… it is now this important to me.... "When is Daytona ??"
andy (ajb)

Reactions: roketman

Austinj427

Feb 12, 2018
Colorado
I'm pulling for Jordan Taylor, because he is so funny.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
My interest peaked yesterday as my brothers raced in the Michelon race. Jeff finished 8th with Eric Foss and had the AMG GT4 up to 3rd at one point. Older brother Brent broke early but was able to fix a broken coil and finish the race. The Riley AMG dominated the race and AMG took 1st, 2nd and 3rd so...my brothers are going to have a long year with B.O.P. coming to the next race near you. I will watch with a little interest in the Vette but not the whole race for sure.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Just saw some in car footage in the C8. It looks good and sounds good!! Down shifts sounded nice!! Hope they do well.