I literally broke the stock clutch

Alex911

FORD GT OWNER - FROM RUSSIA TT FGT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This is what happens when the car is abused with the stock clutch. I have ordered a new one from Kyle 3 weeks ago and decided that I could abuse my car now. I was launching from 3-4 k RPM and every 180 turn I did was a burnout :)
This is what happened after about 3 days of abuse :) Thank god the clutch took the hit and not the tranny.
New clutch should arrive in 1 day :)
If it doesn't arrive in time though - I have a used (600 miles) clucth on the wrecked GT that I bought - could that be temporarily (1 week) put on to my car or it is not reccomended? (We have another runway event on the 25th - so I really need the car to be running)

Thanks,
Alex

Attachments

• 20072009174.jpg
    20072009174.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 569

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This is what happens when the car is abused with the stock clutch. I have ordered a new one from Kyle 3 weeks ago and decided that I could abuse my car now. I was launching from 3-4 k RPM and every 180 turn I did was a burnout :)
This is what happened after about 3 days of abuse :) Thank god the clutch took the hit and not the tranny.
New clutch should arrive in 1 day :)
If it doesn't arrive in time though - I have a used (600 miles) clucth on the wrecked GT that I bought - could that be temporarily (1 week) put on to my car or it is not reccomended? (We have another runway event on the 25th - so I really need the car to be running)

Thanks,
Alex

If you end up using the clutch off the parts car as an emergency/temporary "fix", be sure you install the parts car's FLYWHEEL too.:wink :cheers

kmillen

Jan 29, 2007
Hey There Alex,

We did the exact same thing to our GT's clutch on the 2006 Targa rally.

Our clutch broke on the last stage of the last day. Fortunately we were able to limp it through the stage but it was a bit of a struggle.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
congrats!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Remind me NOT to take this car back in on trade! :frown :driving:
On a positive note, glad you are enjoying the car. Wish you had some footage of this destruction taking place! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
An interesting exercise for sure

Thank you for sharing

Shadowman

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
:lol:loltoo funny!

Bill Oxley

GT Owner
Jun 15, 2006
Denver area
On a positive note, glad you are enjoying the car. Wish you had some footage of this destruction taking place! :thumbsup

My mind kind of thinks like Shelby.

If I was a GT buyer, I'll be researching the archives here, and that would be a deal breaker if I was able to make the vin connection.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
I can testify to the fact that Alex does not baby his car...he drives the absolute hell out of it!!:biggrin

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
should be a felony under "car abuse"

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
That sounds like fun.

Any chance for video of the next event?

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
So Alex, how many hard launches did the the clutch handle?