I guess I am truly a GT owner now: My first gauge failure.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
$781 for a FGT VoltMeter....

a damn $13.99 analog volt meter....

Last edited:

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
$781 for a FGT VoltMeter....

a damn $13.99 analog volt meter....
Ouch! That makes that big ol' speedometer seem like a bargain.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Waldo, let me know when you want to do a gauge replacement day.....

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Except Mardyn?

Patience Grasshopper(s)....

we're very close on our project.

mardyn

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
sorry waldo,

although I have not had a failure "yet" (seem inevitable) I ll have to say that unless its the fuel gauge or the oil pressure gauge then I will not replace them! I mean who needs a speedo anyway? or a tach for that matter? volt gauge? are you kidding me? speedo is the least important gauge, volt second least important, tach third (if my tach ever goes Ill just hook up a discrete shift light so ill know when to shift if I ever want to do a full blast run, the only gauges that are necessary for me to feel comfortable driving around are the fuel and oil pressure gauge for obvious reasons ! I know most will disagree with my reasoning but Im not about to pay whatever it is they want for a new gauge not knowing if it will happen again tomorrow!

H

HHGT

Patience Grasshopper(s)....

we're very close on our project.

mardyn

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo, let me know when you want to do a gauge replacement day.....
Maybe we could set aside a day at the next ralley for a group gauge replacement function. :lol

...speedo is the least important gauge, volt second least important, tach third..
:lol +1 I had the same thought as I was riding into work this morning.

At the end of the day, as frustrating as it may seem, it's only a gauge. My daughter scored four goals last weekend, and I'm going to start flying jets again. Life is good.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I know most will disagree with my reasoning but Im not about to pay whatever it is they want for a new gauge not knowing if it will happen again tomorrow!

No rational person would argue with that logic.

I just don't 'get' this whole gauge situation. I've owned everything from compacts to exotics, domestics and foreign, both new and used, 'have had to jump start dozens of them over the years, 'have had several batteries 'die on the vine', 'have quick charged & trickle charged this one and that one, etc., etc., etc. (one battery even blew up!), and I have N-E-V-E-R had even so much as ONE gauge failure. Ever. Maybe it's just that none of the gauges on those cars were pricey enough...?

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
QFT. Thanks EP.

No rational person would argue with that logic.

I just don't 'get' this whole gauge situation. I've owned everything from compacts to exotics, domestics and foreign, both new and used, 'have had to jump start dozens of them over the years, 'have had several batteries 'die on the vine', 'have quick charged & trickle charged this one and that one, etc., etc., etc. (one battery even blew up!), and I have N-E-V-E-R had even so much as ONE gauge failure. Ever. Maybe it's just that none of the gauges on those cars were pricey enough...?

scotttroilo

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
Same happened to me today waldo. She's been under cover for two months, on battery tender, starded up the road looked to see how fast I was going and noth"n! Then I played nose diving airplane pilot and starded flicking the glass like that would break it loose.
Noth'n. At this point I agree with guys and will probably let go until something else on the instrument cluster goes. Let me know if you come up with an easy or less expensive fix. Good Luck.

Scotty T.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Maybe we could set aside a day at the next ralley for a group gauge replacement function. :lol

:lol +1 I had the same thought as I was riding into work this morning.

At the end of the day, as frustrating as it may seem, it's only a gauge. My daughter scored four goals last weekend, and I'm going to start flying jets again. Life is good.

Waldo ,
First off if we did set aside a day at the next rally for a group replacement function ,you would actually have to attend! We all missed you!
Second .Are they now going with more experienced /older pilots?
Seriously, great for your daughter.And great news on you flyingI know how much you really love it!
See you at the next rally!
Best regards,Ron

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
When you get a new gauge check it good as I just got a new gas gauge from Ford and it has a slightly different bezel (beveled edge) than the rest of the gauges and I didn't notice it until it was installed and then it was really noticeable and so far Ford has not got back to me with a solution and I am not happy having a gauge that does not match like it should! If its a running change for the gauges it will cause havoc for everyone that has to change a gauge.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Waldo ,
First off if we did set aside a day at the next rally for a group replacement function ,you would actually have to attend! We all missed you!
I know. I'm a slacker. I got wrapped up in pre-deployment training and couldn't break free. ...And there were no Playboy Bunnies, so I quickly lost interest.

Second .Are they now going with more experienced /older pilots?
Apparently, they've found a little blue pill for older pilots...

See you at the next rally!
You bet! I'm crossing my fingers for Sears Point in Sonoma!

Same happened to me today waldo.
Ouch. Sorry to hear that Scotty.

Best Regards,
Waldo

scotttroilo

GT Owner
Dec 25, 2010
Scottsdale AZ
Thanks Waldo. I've got a GT tech coming to Scottsdale 1st week in Oct to work on a few other GT owners vehicles and install a short throw shifter in my 05. He also has some trouble shooting ideas for the failed speedo. I'll let you know whatever we figure out.

Take care,

Scotty T