I don't want to hear any more $hit about Red GT prices

H

HHGT

I think the auction house is color blind. These are really strong prices for what some call high mileage cars.
5 GTs in total sold in the entire US at the nation's largest Automotive Auction House and in this economy... I say wow

If anyone is thinking about selling, don't give them away - nothing but NORTH....

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 531
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 532
H

HHGT

BTW.... new target price for my MSO Heritage with 152 miles on her.....

$267,000

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Targets are nice - unfortunately my aim sucks and I can't hit the barn side of a broad. :biggrin:lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Targets are nice - unfortunately my aim sucks and I can't hit the barn side of a broad. :biggrin:lol

Ahh - but you could cover her nicely - :thumbsup

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Nice numbers, but at the end of the day, the car is only worth what enjoyment you get out of it. :cheers

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I've been shopping for some time and have seen the availability of cars contract over the last 6-10 months, contrary to what some believe might happen in an unsure market.

Most colors are very scarce, including white (yes, technically not a color). There are a number of red now, but that is transient and nobody is giving them away (save the blue/$125k fluke at Mecum).

I was very happy to find a nicely optioned (red) GT, from a reputable source, at this point in time.

Last edited:

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Good money. I like to follow Manheim and watch what the SAME car brings at a different auction. Look at the grey and the tungsten.....3 miles more...3 weeks apart...FL and PA. I'm guessing it was the same car. I see many brands sell like this...especially like Dallas to Houston 2 days later...same color, same miles.....some cars make really good money. Especially easy to spot on the low production cars. Most of the dealers that brought the cars there paid less....that is how they make their money......pretty easy to buy for less as I have mentioned before. You know the old lullaby "Buy low, sell high".

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Glad I didn't sell mine for cheap!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I must have "killed" the value of my car, it has over 11,000 miles on it. What difference does it make, if you're not planning on selling it. A well maintained car with records and miles, years from now, will still be worth a decent amount of money, the difference in price if you figure in the "EPM" (enjoyment per mile), I'll still have a better return on investment!!!!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Black/stripe delete is fastest!!!:tongue

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
^ haha, thats what I thought when I read the subject, I thought sam had found a vid of a fast red gt!

I wonder how much a no story blue with white with 65K miles is worth?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
^ haha, thats what I thought when I read the subject, I thought sam had found a vid of a fast red gt!

I wonder how much a no story blue with white with 65K miles is worth?

It's worth more than you paid for it Soroush!

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It's worth more than you paid for it Soroush!

Ed

:agree:

I learned about that car too late, or I would have been tempted to own 2 Blue/Wht FGT.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
:agree:

I learned about that car too late, or I would have been tempted to own 2 Blue/Wht FGT.

:)

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Most colors are very scarce, including white (yes, technically not a color).

Shine a white light through a prism and see what you get!

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Shine a white light through a prism and see what you get!

Yeah, that was added for the inevitable person who retorts 'white isn't a color'.

I didn't sufficiently court the science crowd.

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
Black/stripe delete is fastest!!!:tongue

Can't argue with that ;)