Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks Andy. Very uplifting.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I got an email today from Ford with this attachment. I am going to go ahead and consider this NOT a good sign.

nelson_ha_ha.jpg

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
As long as I still have my '06, NFGT or not, still winning.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
As the deadline to submit an application approaches and the selection process begins, I've started this thread for all those not selected who will feel compelled to carp about the application or selection process. Please post your complaints in this thread to keep the Forum tidy and organized. It will be nice to have one thread to identify all those who don't own big boy pants so the rest of us who aren't selected can poke the appropriate amount of fun at you.

Complaints will invariably fall into one or more of the following categories:

A. I was conceived, birthed and/or have copulated in a 19XX Ford, have owned nothing but Fords since birth and, as result, I am more deserving;

B. I am a rich vulgarian and should not be denied the opportunity to buy anything my thick wallet permits; and/or

C. Although having no intention to actually buy a NGT, I wanted to be selected and, thereafter, have the satisfaction of declining to complete the purchase because the car has a turbo V6, doesn't sound like a V8, didn't win every race in it's first season, etc.

When posting your complaints, please select one or more categories above that best describes you and provide your email address. I will provide you with a link to download "I'm a loser" by The Beatles and "You can't always get what you want" by The Rolling Stones." I will also send you a bumper sticker: "501st on the NGT list."

I'm way ahead of you.. I posted mine last January !! :biggrin:biggrin
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/30341-Will-I-end-up-hating-Ford

Last edited:

stew

Jan 20, 2015
Louisiana
Well, I received an email from Ford. They received my completed application... So no "no" yet..... waiting....waiting....waiting....

I guess no news is better than bad news!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You've got another 82 days to wait just like the rest of us

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
You've got another 82 days to wait just like the rest of us

Not that we're all counting down or anything. :lol

Vince H

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
The Jalopnik article writer thinks maybe being a Ford stockholder is a key. That question wasn't on my app, and I guess it didn't occur to me to put it down. Guess it couldn't have hurt
Anyone think being a stockholder would be a big plus for an allocation?

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
We have a fairly significant amount of stock in Ford, and I did not think to put that down... :facepalm:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Maybe they will cross reference the applicant's names with the stockholders list?:lol

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Maybe they will cross reference the applicant's names with the stockholders list?:lol
👍

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I also hope they cross reference shareholders of Ford Stock as I purchased stock when I sold my Ford Dealership 7 years ago. I'm wondering why that question wasn't on the application? I was a true believer of Ford and its management then and am still a true believer today. Didn't think to put it on my application? And I purchased it when it was really cheep.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There are 3.9 billion shares outstanding. I think it's safe to say that unless you're a major institutional investor, it's pretty low on the list.

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
A good point is raised. How does a "lowly" loyal Ford customer rate compared to the thousands of Ford dealers, Major company's with Ford fleet trucks, Rental companies, etc.? Oy vey. I'm getting a headache. I need a drink.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Any idea when the "Dear John" letters will start to appear?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Didn't you guys read the app? 90 days after filing. Mid-August.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Didn't you guys read the app? 90 days after filing. Mid-August.

Are those business or calendar days?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
There are 3.9 billion shares outstanding. I think it's safe to say that unless you're a major institutional investor, it's pretty low on the list.

So threatening to dump the 5 shares my Nana bestowed upon me at my birth in my application wasn't such a good idea?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
......Anyone think being a stockholder would be a big plus for an allocation?

I'd imagine this crossed the minds of a few; and in no particular order: Bill Jr., Edsel 2, Elena, and a couple of other 'casual' shareholders of Ford. :))