Great post, Mike.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Gentlemen,

All the above is true of course, but my visualization has made it so real that it could take months to shake off. From the day the NFGT was introduced I could see a bright yellow NFGT with black stripes and #34 on the doors parked in front of my favorite restaurants, looking out over the hood on the road during Arizona GT Getaways, on the track at Rally 11, and proudly sitting next to '06 #34 in my garage. I feel like it's already an old friend, I know what it's like to drive, to sit in, to own. In my mind the money has already been spent, the car spec'd, built, and delivered. I remember the thrill when the transport pulled up to the front of my home, Charley flew in from Texas to be there, and how great it was when the lift gate was opened and I saw it for the first time. It's all real.

It will take more than a "Thank you for your interest but...." letter to shatter such certainty. It would require at least 10 sessions with a psychotherapist, Suicide Hotline on speed dial, and a bulk purchase of Zoloft. But hey, I'm a survivor! Certainly no trail for a stepper like me. :willy :willy :willy

Chip
Sorry but we are now outta GT's
th.jpeg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You should be able to find out the exec holdings info in the 10K.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
I'm beginning to think that my inclusion of a self portrait hurt my chances...

Attachments

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel and Central California
Now that is funny!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
As the deadline to submit an application approaches and the selection process begins, I've started this thread for all those not selected who will feel compelled to carp about the application or selection process. Please post your complaints in this thread to keep the Forum tidy and organized. It will be nice to have one thread to identify all those who don't own big boy pants so the rest of us who aren't selected can poke the appropriate amount of fun at you.

Complaints will invariably fall into one or more of the following categories:

A. I was conceived, birthed and/or have copulated in a 19XX Ford, have owned nothing but Fords since birth and, as result, I am more deserving;

B. I am a rich vulgarian and should not be denied the opportunity to buy anything my thick wallet permits; and/or

C. Although having no intention to actually buy a NGT, I wanted to be selected and, thereafter, have the satisfaction of declining to complete the purchase because the car has a turbo V6, doesn't sound like a V8, didn't win every race in it's first season, etc.

When posting your complaints, please select one or more categories above that best describes you and provide your email address. I will provide you with a link to download "I'm a loser" by The Beatles and "You can't always get what you want" by The Rolling Stones." I will also send you a bumper sticker: "501st on the NGT list."
I'm way ahead of you.. I posted mine last January !! :biggrin:biggrin
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/30341-Will-I-end-up-hating-Ford

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Sinovac - trolling?? :rofl

That's funny!
When I was younger, "trolling" had an entirely different meaning. It was much more fun too.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
The Jalopnik article writer thinks maybe being a Ford stockholder is a key. That question wasn't on my app, and I guess it didn't occur to me to put it down. Guess it couldn't have hurt
Anyone think being a stockholder would be a big plus for an allocation?

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
That's for sure! That's why Ford should grant me a GT allocation, so I can re-focus my energy on what is important. ;-))

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
When I was younger, "trolling" had an entirely different meaning. It was much more fun too.
I never heard that one. Is that like motor boating, only slower?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
We have a fairly significant amount of stock in Ford, and I did not think to put that down... :facepalm:

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Maybe they will cross reference the applicant's names with the stockholders list?:lol

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Maybe they will cross reference the applicant's names with the stockholders list?:lol
👍

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
filling out this application is like filling out an application to an Ivy League school! And the
Chance of "entrance" probably even less!!! Rumor has it over 7000 applications after first week?!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think Sue and I could adopt a child at our age and not have to give up as much personal information. ������

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
As the deadline to submit an application approaches and the selection process begins, I've started this thread for all those not selected who will feel compelled to carp about the application or selection process. Please post your complaints in this thread to keep the Forum tidy and organized. It will be nice to have one thread to identify all those who don't own big boy pants so the rest of us who aren't selected can poke the appropriate amount of fun at you.

A. I was conceived, birthed and/or have copulated in a 19XX Ford, have owned nothing but Fords since birth and, as result, I am more deserving;

B. I am a rich vulgarian and should not be denied the opportunity to buy anything my thick wallet permits; and/or

C. Although having no intention to actually buy a NGT, I wanted to be selected and, thereafter, have the satisfaction of declining to complete the purchase because the car has a turbo V6, doesn't sound like a V8, didn't win every race in it's first season, etc.

When posting your complaints, please select one or more categories above that best describes you and provide your email address. I will provide you with a link to download "I'm a loser" by The Beatles and "You can't always get what you want" by The Rolling Stones." I will also send you a bumper sticker: "501st on the NGT list."

Last edited:

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Brutal.

:lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

C. Although having no intention to actually buy a NGT, I wanted to be selected and, thereafter, the satisfaction of declining to complete the purchase because the car has a turbo V6, doesn't sound like a V8, didn't win every race in it's first season, etc.

When posting your complaints, please select one or more categories above that best describes you and provide your email address. I will provide you with a link to download "I'm a loser" by The Beatles and "You can't always get what you want" by the The Rolling Stones." I will also send you a bumper sticker: "501st on the NGT list."
Looking for clients for a "class-action" suit - :facepalm:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I also hope they cross reference shareholders of Ford Stock as I purchased stock when I sold my Ford Dealership 7 years ago. I'm wondering why that question wasn't on the application? I was a true believer of Ford and its management then and am still a true believer today. Didn't think to put it on my application? And I purchased it when it was really cheep.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
[emoji23]