I-5 Self Storage, Grand Opening, May 30th, 2009

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Randy,
Susanna and I will stop by after C&C but she eats a lot so be sure you have enough wine and cheese and chips for her. I'd bring big bags of chips but the GT can only carry the snack size ones.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Sounds good Bruce!

We are having the delicious Joey's Smokin BBQ catering the May Grand Opening event with sliders!

We tried to get partner Luke Walton to come, but he is busy with the Laker playoffs.

BTW, tomorrow night we are having a wine and cheese Ribbon Cutting event, starting at 4:30pm (Thursday 4/30). We have two cases of wine, so drop by and have a glass if you are around.

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Last edited:

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
I'll be there Randy. Came by today, sorry I missed you.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Todd and Steve A. came out to the Ribbon Cutting. And Jones brought his GT, man, that sparked a lot of interest. I told everyone we'll have a bunch more GT's the Grand Opening, so the car people are excited. (See if you can find Todd and Jones in the photos below. I couldn't find Steve A., shy guy that he is. Steve A. had come out a long while back during construction.

Thanks so much Todd, Steve, Ron, and everyone for the support. We had a great time at the Ribbon Cutting with strong local community turnout too.

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
See if you can find Todd and Jones in the photos below.

Looks like Todd is hiding behind the lady in the red V-neck top in the upper picture; by the window and balloons in the lower one.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Let's get serious here. Todd is checking out the alarm system and vault while everyone else is busy with the photoshoot.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Let's get serious here. Todd is checking out the alarm system and vault while everyone else is busy with the photoshoot.

:lol

IMG_5541.jpg

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Looks like Todd is hiding behind the lady in the red V-neck top in the upper picture

Now, that is a sharp eye... :thumbsup

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It's really Todd's twin bro, who was there for the n/c banquet.:rofl

Syco that one seriously nice looking facility.

Job Well Done.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
It's really Todd's twin bro, who was there for the n/c banquet.:rofl

Syco that one seriously nice looking facility.

Job Well Done.

Thanks Jeff. The Chair of the Chamber kept saying he felt like it was a Resort and not a storage facility. And my wife still likes that Hennessey called it a Spa.

In any event, I've decided to hire security to help us keep an eye on our cars, and just in case any Z4's show up, I want to be able keep Sam under control...

H

HHGT

Thanks Jeff. The Chair of the Chamber kept saying he felt like it was a Resort and not a storage facility. And my wife still likes that Hennessey called it a Spa.

In any event, I've decided to hire security to help us keep an eye on our cars, and just in case any Z4's show up, I want to be able keep Sam under control...

Ironically, I was warming up to the Z4 Coupe M and then some genius decided to kill it.

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Congrats to Syco! Breaking the mold when it comes to self-storage. An awesome opening! I loved that two business women drove up and wanted a storage unit during the ceremony, Randy's team jumped on it and delivered. Wish you the best!!

I have to admit, I sooooo wanted to donut that fresh asphalt! :driving:

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
What time were you there? I was there from 10am - noon, and then 4pm - 8pm. Sorry I missed you - I was all over the place.

Was there at 3:30. See you on GT day. If you are up for a race or two at K1 let me know and we can grab lunch.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Was there at 3:30. See you on GT day. If you are up for a race or two at K1 let me know and we can grab lunch.

I haven't been to K1 since you and your boy toasted me last time.

Yeah, I saw the guest book, I just missed you, I was picking up my suit at the dry cleaners, I had to change into it there, that's what a nutty day it was.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I have to admit, I sooooo wanted to donut that fresh asphalt! :driving:

I thought you had a mischievous look in your eye...I was right... :lol You must have been thinking about it at that time.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.

Good one Frank:thumbsup

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Excellent, Randy, can you consider building something like this here of the west side of LA??? Wife would love to throw all my s... into a storage facility.

We'll have a toast to the SYCO on our lunch in Julian on the 16th.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Will the blonde in the brown business suit be there on the 30th? I have something to put away. :rofl I'd better bring the GT so it doesn't get roped off with the Bimmers.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'd better bring the GT so it doesn't get roped off with the Bimmers.

We're just looking to have about 15 exotics total, mostly Ford GT's and a Lotus Exige S for a small car display. We'll also have a few Deloreans, which I thought would be fun.

Show cars please arrive between 9 am and 9:30 am if possible for staging. Thanks so much for the support!

1. HHGT
2. SYCO GT
3. Kingman
4. Jones
5. Piccola
6. OCPETE
7. KJRGT
8. Shelby#18
9. HeritageBruce
10. JSaloman
11. RV King
12. Heritage Bruce