How Many Viper Coupe FE Owners are there?

SoCal Rebell

Dec 24, 2006
I am a viper owner looking for a GT

Sold my 2000 Viper, looking at 2 FGTs, trying to decide on which. I just pray it roadraces as well as the Viper, a tall order :cheers

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Well 96 B/W for me...always loved the car and it won't go anywhere...in about 2 years I will probably be looking for an 06' FE. But I also have my heart set on another GT now...I just can't see being without this car.

matt

M

Mark O

Here's a couple pictures of the FE Vipers in production...........

124-2491_IMG.JPG

125-2512_IMG.JPG

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
It appears that there are MANY GT owners with Vipers. A natural move to the GT. But it appears many did not want to give up their Vipers!!!

g-force

Jul 11, 2006
NY
do any of you know anything about a company making a three piece top for the vipers?
I heard they got a write up in the viper owners magazine. but can't find it.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
:biggrin i am going to get one so i can join jerry's kids:biggrin

bigdan40

GT Owner
Apr 17, 2006
During our rally in August while cruising the parking garage with several fellow GT Owners admiring the beauty, several guys were talking about their other car(s). One of the GT Forum members asked me, "Does everyone here own a Viper too?" Like many of you I own a bunch or cars (18 cars and 12 motorcycles). I have met many of you who own one of the 200 FE Viper Coupes. I own number 167, and know of about four more on this forum. My son believes that most of the 200 are among the ranks of our GT bretheren. So, if you own a 2006 FE, let us know. If you own a Viper, let us know. I would be interested in knowing how many of us have the same blue/white Viper in the garage.

Tim, I own a 2006 VOI coupe (Viper Owners Invitational) which is white with blue stripes. Only 100 total made like this, 91 for the states and 9 for Canada. My car is # 98 and the only other time they made this combo was in 1998 with the GT2 car. Like the B/W it's a striking color combination. Dan

Outlaw

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Ive got a 2001 Viper GTS red w/ silver stripes - Heffner Twin turbo. LOVE IT !!! :thumbsup

Attachments

• vipertt_028.jpg
    vipertt_028.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 3,985
  • vipertt_024.jpg
    vipertt_024.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,259

timmccullen

Dec 26, 2006
Beaufort, NC
I have had four and one being a hennessey. what a nightmare with the hennessey version.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Thanks for all your posts

I have really enjoyed all the comments, and especially the pictures of your Vipers. I will post mine soon along with some of the other hardware. Happy New Year to everyone!!!!:cheers

HOGDEALER

GT Owner
Nov 19, 2005
Coos Bay, Oregon
The origial Viper FE was the Final Edition 2002 GTS Red w/ white stripes

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Speaking of Vipers...the '08 is on the cover of Motor Trend Feb issue.

Motor Trend and Road and Track...February issues. This car will be in the showrooms early Summer '07. The '08 Viper is DETUNED from 680HP to the 600HP needed now. The drivetrain, clutch have been beefed up to handle 680HP...if needed in '09. Turn a few screws and it is in the 675HP range. Note new colors. Green, Violet, Orange. The Green and Orange are similar to the Lambo colors. Don't know about the Violet.....
The pics are from a thread on the VCA site.

8.4L engine

McLaren Performance Technologies, Ricardo, and others consulted on the engine project

Engine now has VVT

Platinum sparkplugs

6400 RPM redline

Compresion 10.2:1

Revised cusbustion chambers for smoother airflow and less friction, larger valves (23% more flow on intake side) 12% more flow on exhaust side.

Swinging oil pickup to protect against oil starvation during hard cornering

New oil filter

Intake system: now 2-piece manifold/plenum desin with smoother intake passages and surfaces throughout. Dual electronic throttle bodies. Cold air intake system revised for higher flow, less weight, and better NVH. Each cylinder now has its own coil pack mounted to the valve cover. Better sounding exhaust w/o interior heat due to the dumping of the SRT x-pipe setup.

New dual-disc clutch pack has 18% less intertia for quicker engine revs.

No more run flat tires

New optional wheel design called Razor

Same frame and suspension as 03-06

New Color combos: Shakespeare Green, Viper violet, and bright orange.

New Louvered hood

Cost: $90k (MT estimate)
Weight: 3400lbs (MT est)

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Looks like they are preparing for the Blue Devil as well in 08'.
I wonder when the insurance companies are going to put a stop to all of this.
Both those cars feel like they have a hair trigger as it is, another 150hp + is going to make them a handful for "everyday joe public" to drive.

Last edited:
M

Mark O

Too bad they didn't restyle it.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Ouch! LOL

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Looks like they are preparing for the Blue Devil as well in 08'.
I wonder when the insurance companies are going to put a stop to all of this.
Both those cars fell like they have a hair trigger as it is 150hp + is going to make them a handful for "everyday joe public" to drive.

Steve, you and I are thinking the same thing, I was there when the insurance companies killed off the muscle cars....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Speaking of Vipers...the '08 is on the cover of Motor Trend Feb issue.

Motor Trend and Road and Track...February issues. This car will be in the showrooms early Summer '07. The '08 Viper is DETUNED from 680HP to the 600HP needed now. The drivetrain, clutch have been beefed up to handle 680HP...if needed in '09. Turn a few screws and it is in the 675HP range. Note new colors. Green, Violet, Orange. The Green and Orange are similar to the Lambo colors. Don't know about the Violet.....
The pics are from a thread on the VCA site.

8.4L engine

McLaren Performance Technologies, Ricardo, and others consulted on the engine project

Engine now has VVT

Platinum sparkplugs

6400 RPM redline

Compresion 10.2:1

Revised cusbustion chambers for smoother airflow and less friction, larger valves (23% more flow on intake side) 12% more flow on exhaust side.

Swinging oil pickup to protect against oil starvation during hard cornering

New oil filter

Intake system: now 2-piece manifold/plenum desin with smoother intake passages and surfaces throughout. Dual electronic throttle bodies. Cold air intake system revised for higher flow, less weight, and better NVH. Each cylinder now has its own coil pack mounted to the valve cover. Better sounding exhaust w/o interior heat due to the dumping of the SRT x-pipe setup.

New dual-disc clutch pack has 18% less intertia for quicker engine revs.

No more run flat tires

New optional wheel design called Razor

Same frame and suspension as 03-06

New Color combos: Shakespeare Green, Viper violet, and bright orange.

New Louvered hood

Cost: $90k (MT estimate)
Weight: 3400lbs (MT est)

Like it, maybe I can join Jerry's kids... very nice!! Never had a Viper..yet:banana

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
Too bad they didn't restyle it.

The current platform is 4 years old. All of the new styling on this car took place in the Engine...and appearance options. 4 interior colors to choose from, 5 new colors, a power plant that can run up to 680HP with no additional work. The objective of this '08 is to put the Viper back on TOP. Mission accomplished. All forged internals again, new clutch, tranny...and on and on. Personally..I love the current design...to each his or her own.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The automotive "Arms Race" is interesting to watch. As speeds, acceleration and horspepower continue to climb, the regulators (er...governement Nazis), the insurance industry and bleeding hearts all take notice quickly and get involved. Motorcycle Manufacturers Association had to all get togethe about two years ago to agree that they would limit the top speed of their Superbikes to 181 MPH. :frown A few of my liter bikes will easily top 200 with some electronic mods. For those that are non-bikers - believe it or not, I find myself more comfortable running one of my race bikes at 180 than I ever would in a car!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Tim, does that mean you prefer road rash to a Gurney?