How Many GT Owners Have Vipers?

Mar 15, 2006
the viper is in a tough spot. on the $70-80k side of the market the new Z06 is a screaming deal. for the guys who can afford to go with the GT then that is the natural progression. the Viper with just 510 hp and being slower than a Z06 has really lost its appeal from 5-10 yrs ago. when the Viper was hot there was not much else that was appealing or as fast. now there are lots more options available.

the GT is certainly THE only American exotic. add a few mods and it is a pretty unbeatable car in my opinion.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I rented a viper for 2 days prior to settling on the GT.

I found the Viper very fast with lots of power. It's pretty, but no race car.
I did not like the way the viper handled, felt very loose to me, and it was uncomfortable compared the GT. My wife didn't like the exhaust at all!! One snake bit was enough for her.

As for the Corvette, I certianly wouldn't buy another one. I'd buy a Viper first. I think Chevy has pissed off a few too many customers.
Buy a GT, get treated like royalty at the dealer.
Buy a Viper, get treated pretty good.
Buy a corvette, get kicked in the nuts.

davisp

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 18, 2006
New Jersey
Guilty. I have a 1997 Blue/White GTS. Exact opposite of my 05 GT. PD :banana

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Guilty as well. Similar color to Davisp. My Viper is a 2006 First Edition Coupe, Blue with white stripes. Lowered with Moton Club Sports and a Paxton supercharger.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I don;t believe it, only 23 GT owners have vipers? Thought it would be much higher, !!! :biggrin

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Yes, I see a lot of familiar names here. Wayne, Kenric, how's it going? The name Chad rings a bell too.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Heffner Performance said:
Yes, I see a lot of familiar names here. Wayne, Kenric, how's it going? The name Chad rings a bell too.

It's Jason, right?

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
AtomicGT said:
I don;t believe it, only 23 GT owners have vipers? Thought it would be much higher, !!! :biggrin
I've had 5 Vipers- current one is the '98 GT2 commemorative edition coupe, white with blue stripes.

Hopefully the 2008 Viper will have spectacular styling and improved performance.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
vyprgt2 - how long have you owned the GT2? I had # 09/of 100 for a few years. Sometimes wish I didn't sell that one. I made a good deal when I sold it though. I bought a Comp Coupe and then sold it for a good profit. I currently have # 08/200 of the blue /white 2006 coupes now - my 8th Viper. I love the GT much more than the Viper though.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
J, are you going to be transforming the Snake Pit into the Gurney Garage? :biggrin

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
I owned a 1993 from 1993 until last week. FWIW , after 13 years it returned about 50 % of purchase price not corrected for inflation

VENOM 650R

Apr 23, 2006
TEXAS
I have a '98 Viper GTS Hennessey Venom 650R and a '03 10th Anniversary SVT Cobra Coupe and plan on joining you with a GT this year. :biggrin

Last edited:

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I'm looking to add a Viper to the stable soon.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
I have a 1997 Blue with White stripes GTS coupe. Although I spend most of my time driving the GT these days, I do not ever plan on selling my Viper.

Eric

VENOM 650R

Apr 23, 2006
TEXAS
What do you guys like the most about your GT versus your Viper?