How Many GT Owners Have Vipers?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I am finding that there are a few GT owners who belong to this forum that also own Vipers? I have a 2001 GTS, yellow black stripes, 4000 miles on it. I thought it was an awesome road car and massive machine, but since driving my new GT for the 1st time last weekend, I got back into the Viper and it felt like a Jeep Wrangler with a manual shift! I still love my viper but the GT is another level or two above it. I guess you need one to appreciate the other. Anyone going to the VOI9 in Las Vegas in September?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
A very very high number of GT owners here own or have owned Vipers. I'd say at least 40% minimum. It's a logical progression or compliment for this market.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
DBK,

You are amazing, you know this website intensely! :cheers :cheers :cheers

GaryA

Jan 24, 2006
Yep, there are a lot of Viper owners that now own Ford GTs. I own a Viper and know there are a lot of Viper guys on this forum. I've also transported a bunch to existing Viper owners in the past couple of months.

Right now there is a lot of talk about Ford GTs over at viperalley.com since a few of the regulars have recently bought GTs.

Pipelion

AtomicGT said:
DBK,

You are amazing, you know this website intensely! :cheers :cheers :cheers

Eric,

He should, he started it!!! :biggrin :biggrin :lol :cheers

We all owe DBK a big round of :club :party :bow :pop :cool :thumbsup :cheers

Allan

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Ive had 4 vipers

And still have 2,I love my vipers.Just a diffent type of cool ride.A viper is the
harley of cars,The GT is the ducati.Both real cool!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I also own a Viper. I have for a long time I love Vipers! I have a VCA red white '06. I think there are alot of Viper owners who have GTs. I love my GT I have a 18psi pulley I want to put on, should rock

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
I had 2 Vipers in the past, but after getting my GT, I realized I really didn't need them anymore.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Felt that way after driving the GT last weekend and then the GTS Viper. Now selling the Viper and getting another GT sounds interesting. Would have to sell my 1966 Shelby G.T.350 to make up the difference for a new GT and that would be asking a lot! :frown

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Guilty.

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Guilty.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Chad,

How many gallons and what type of fuel is need for those numbers? :willy

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have a few... on my 8th one right now. I love them but... there is no comparison to the GT. It's a let down when I get out of the GT after a drive and then take a drive in the 06 SRT-10 coupe. Ford did a great job on the GT!

We have 7 members of our locar Viper club in central California (including me) that bought a GT within a few weeks of eachother. We now have a subchapter of our Viper club locally.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Had One

Had an '02 Race Yellow RT10. Didn't care for it much and sold it after about 1.5 years. Rough ride, lots of squeeks and interior noise, hot inside and an unfriendly ride in my opinion. I hear the newer units are better.
Whole different story with the GT....................

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
AWsumGT,

I am a member of the So Cal Viper Club http://www.socalviper.org/forum/

Interesting group, currently way to much politics for me, although they are a good group and can at times put on a great Xmas party. Was a Viper man all the way, ride is a little rough but had nothing to compare to until the GT last weekend. Complete 180 degrees diametrically opposed driving experience, GT is so refined, quick, short shift throw, intense handling, cornering etc. I wondered why I continue to keep the Viper. But mine is a yellow GTS 2001, black stripes, 4K miles on it, not one scratch or nick on it, looks new. Hard to part with it, but I am thinking of selling it and trying to get another GT before the production ends.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Guilty...Actually I always wanted the viper..finally bought me a 96 B/W GTS about 1 year before the GT...people ask me what its like compared to the GT and I tell them a brick with a motor in it...but I still enjoy driving it...when I don't..I will sell it.

matt

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I have heard that there will not be a 2007 Viper, plan is to begin production in January 07 of the Viper ZC ??? No images available, but this is to be improved both in body style and mechanics to compete with ZO6 Corvette and other muscle cars coming out again. Kinda like the lates 60s Deja Vous, all over again, Yogi ??? :biggrin

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
AtomicGT said:
Chad,

How many gallons and what type of fuel is need for those numbers? :willy

It runs strong on pump gas. We actually had the fastest pass at Hot Rod Mag's 2005 Pump Gas Drags with an 8.66 at 166. But for the 7 second pass it was drinking C16 race gas. No idea how much but probably quite a bit.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Chad,

You definitely ROCK :cheers

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2006
Awsum GT said:
I have a few... on my 8th one right now. I love them but... there is no comparison to the GT. It's a let down when I get out of the GT after a drive and then take a drive in the 06 SRT-10 coupe. Ford did a great job on the GT!

We have 7 members of our locar Viper club in central California (including me) that bought a GT within a few weeks of eachother. We now have a subchapter of our Viper club locally.

The Viper Club adopts the Ford GT club? That is hillarious!