Hoosiers for an '06 GT

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great. Thanks for the feedback. That's where these boards really shine. Left to my own devices, I surely would have made the wrong selection! I am not worried about rain as this set will be dedicated to track use only. I will keep the stock tires on a set of wheels for the street. Once again, Thanks.
dave g

I assume you own a GT, if you can confirm this and register above, I will gladly change your tittle from spectator to GT Owner.

If this site has proved helpful, please consider becoming a $ubscribed member. That is what keeps the light on at this place. Thanks:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I would not recommend running non-dot tires on the street. Purely for legal reasons.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
From Hoosiers site, BUT they are a "DOT tire"

NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE: All Hoosier Racing Tires including DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires are designed for racing purposes only on specified racing surfaces and are not to be operated on public roadways. DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department Of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possible injury or death.

I would not recommend running non-dot tires on the street. Purely for legal reasons.

DaveG1

FORD GT OWNER
Sep 22, 2008
I assume you own a GT, if you can confirm this and register above, I will gladly change your tittle from spectator to GT Owner.

If this site has proved helpful, please consider becoming a $ubscribed member. That is what keeps the light on at this place. Thanks:thumbsup

Ok Registered. Happy to Subscribe. Pls advise. ALso my registration should be for painted stripes, not side, if you want to correct it. tks.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
From Hoosiers site, BUT they are a "DOT tire"

NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE: All Hoosier Racing Tires including DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires are designed for racing purposes only on specified racing surfaces and are not to be operated on public roadways. DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department Of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possible injury or death.
Thanks, I stand corrected, however, one would be on thin ice if a plantif lawyer makes the argument that you running tires not designed for the road.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ok Registered. Happy to Subscribe. Pls advise. ALso my registration should be for painted stripes, not side, if you want to correct it. tks.

Ok, welcome to the owners circle, I have changed your tag.
To subscribe follow the instructions on this thread:-
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2548
If your not set up with Paypal you can send your check to the forum owner via mail:-
Dave Bannister
Ford GT Forum
424 E. Parent Ave
Royal Oak, MI

Appreciate your consideration.
thanks again,
daniel

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I think everyone is informed enough to know the dangers of driving on Hoosiers in the rain, but what about punctures in the relatively thin, R compound tread? Have any of you Hoosier-users had any punctures?

Howard

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
all sticky tires are close

The Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are as sticky with a close molded tread depth (6.0/32" to the Hoosiers 4.5/32") to the Hoosiers. Any sticky with 6.0 or less tread will be more prone to road hazards than standard road tires. I've run over lots of glass, car parts, animal parts, tire pieces, etc on the road with the Hoosiers with no damage yet. I drove all the way to Rally 2 (over 1000 miles total) on my Hoosiers with no problem.

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
On another thread I have posted that a fellow forum member drove with us to Rally III with grooved Hoosiers. He said they work fine through some very serious rain we encountered on Hwy 95. I was impressed!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I would not disagree.

Thanks, I stand corrected, however, one would be on thin ice if a plantif lawyer makes the argument that you running tires not designed for the road.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
I use them for daily driving.

DaveG1

FORD GT OWNER
Sep 22, 2008
Hoosier R6 Tire Pressure

What air pressures do you guys use on the track with R6's?

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Previous post

Cobra R 1339 - I am running the recommended tire pressures from Jeff at Hoosier for the GT. Cold front/rear = 28/30 psi. It seems to work well at the tracks I have been to so far. I'll see you next weekend at Buttonwillow!

Geez - less than one day on the Hoosiers! That has to be a record. Almost like a Nascar race!

Ed