Hoosier Tire Order Thread for 2016

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I just got confirmation from Hoosier tire that they will be making a production run of the Hoosiers for the GT. No doubt, this will probably be the only run for this calendar year and once they are all gone that will be it. I am not sure if anyone is going to be needing any tires but if so please let me know and we will be sure and get Tim the names and quantity. Tim has stated these will be of the new tread pattern/comound as well. I have included his email below as well.

Tim J. Gerhardt
Hoosier Tire West
tgerhardt@hoosiertirewest.com

Thanks,
Mark Heidaker
M2K Motorsports, LLC
mark@m2kmotorsports.com

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Are they making compatible fronts, Mark? Haven't checked in a while but I recall they stopped making the matching fronts. I still have my tears from the last buy waiting to go on

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
They make the matching fronts on a regular basis so no issue on getting those. Its just the rears they make small batches in and will not make another batch until those are all gone and the next year turns around. They are always willing to make an additional batch mid year but I believe the minimum order is approx. 70 tires that have to be ordered.

Thanks,
Mark H.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Mark, Are they the Rs series or a DOT sticky tire? Someone mentioned the Mickey's are a very good traction tire? Looking to have a set of front and rears mounted for a special event.
Thanks David

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The Hoosier R series are a DOT sticky tire. They are the tire for the mile events & open tracks. I used them exclusively has my all around tire for road & track but that is in dry California.

Ed

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Guesstimate as to when further details about date availability, tread, compound, pricing, etc........will be forthcoming??

Looking at these as possible daily driver tires in SoCal.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
They make the matching fronts on a regular basis so no issue on getting those. Its just the rears they make small batches in and will not make another batch until those are all gone and the next year turns around. They are always willing to make an additional batch mid year but I believe the minimum order is approx. 70 tires that have to be ordered.

Thanks,
Mark H.

Sorry Mark. Don't want to derail your thread. But which sizes do you use for the fronts? 255/40/18?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I've used the 245/40x18 fronts for the last 10 years.

Ed

dpdive

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I've spoken to Hoosier about the 315/40ZR/19 on more than one occasion. They are only available through Hoosier Tire West and the folks there say that they will be available sometime in late February or March. I'm switching to 18 inch Weld wheels all around and Pirelli P Zero slicks.

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
And I have been using the 255/40/18 for the last 7 years without issues. A great tire to run in the dry.

So what does this new tread pattern look like?

dpdive

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2009
Buffalo, NY
R7

Attachments

• ho_r7_pdpcrop.jpg
    ho_r7_pdpcrop.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 232

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Sorry for not getting back with folks but was away from the computer for a bit. It seems that all the questions have been answered that I see. If anyone has anything specific please don't hesitate to let me know. My email is mark@pascorp.net

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Anyone see an issue with using new compound/tread fronts with the older compound/tread rears? I still have my rear set from the last group buy that I haven't used yet but will probably be going on in the next few months.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Guesstimate as to when further details about date availability, tread, compound, pricing, etc........will be forthcoming??

Looking at these as possible daily driver tires in SoCal.

Curious if the above will be addressed, or is this one of those, 'if you have to ask, you can't afford it deals'?

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I will try and answer this to the best of my ability from previous purchases. The rears cost approx. $460/each and I would expect to see availability till first quarter of '16... Maybe closer to March time frame.. I can check with Hoosier West and get a better accurate date though. The tread is the one pictured above in the post by dpdive and the new compound is what folks are referring to the R7 which I personally do not know what is different in the compound vs the R6 but we have used both sets of tires and they have performed well for our application. Now, looking to use these as a daily driver, I know a lot of folks do use them but my only caution would be under wet conditions just like any road racing tire.

Hope this answers most of the questions but if not please let me know.

Thanks,
Mark H.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Thank you. Will fronts be offered?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Thank you. Will fronts be offered?

Hoosier Direct and Tire Rack both have the 245/40/18 fronts. No one seems to have the 255's, though.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
If some one is in a bind for tires I have 2 extra rears I purchased the last go a round that I will not need for this year and will sell them. I bought 2 sets and am stilling running the old set I had, not as much track time for the GT, driving the Boss 302S most of the time. Will sell at my cost plus shipping. Send PM or email, blake@biginch.net

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Hoosier Direct and Tire Rack both have the 245/40/18 fronts. No one seems to have the 255's, though.

Thank you

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
Any additional information on how these do on the street? Mileage? Street alignment settings? Track alignment settings?