High Horsepower GT's

Eric Brooks

Apr 16, 2007
Is there a thread already started, keeping track of everyone's power level?

It would be great to see how much power everyone is making.

Thanks

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
710 Hp

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
752hp

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hey guys we have to have some standards on the numbers.

RWHP, or est. crank HP.
Type of dyno used.
uncorrected, SAE, STD
octane of gas used

Even with this information one cannot really compare dyno numbers. Edit you posts.

Last edited:

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
573.5 RWH 522 TRQ on Dynojet. Stock with a tune. Uncorrected.

632C2

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
Puyallup, WA
I am running a Whipple supercharger with an Accufab throttle body, factory exhaust manifolds, factory cats, and an Accufab 'X' pipe. I am using a SCT tuner from Tony at HP-Performance that I further tuned with the Racer package. All of the runs are on my DynoJet 248c.

3.25" pulley averaging 22.86 psi, 21* of timing, 33/67 blend of 92 unleaded pump gas / 101 unleaded race gas
_____________RWHP____RWTQ
Uncorrected___807.45___764.25
STD__________795.28___752.73
SAE__________771.60___730.32

3.50" pulley averaging 19.93 psi, 23* of timing, 50/50 blend of 92 unleaded pump gas / 101 unleaded race gas
Uncorrected___792.50___730.76
STD__________775.32___714.93
SAE__________751.29___692.76

How's that for details.

Steve

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Hey guys we have to have some standards on the numbers.

RWHP, or est. crank HP.
Type of dyno used.
uncorrected, SAE, STD

Even with this information one cannot really compare dyno numbers. Edit you posts.

You forgot the most important number /uncorrected, SAE, STD & BS

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You forgot the most important number /uncorrected, SAE, STD & BS

I forgot to add octane of the gas used and tuned for too. I did mention that you cannot compare the number that = the BS part.

Eric Brooks

Apr 16, 2007
I am running a Whipple supercharger with an Accufab throttle body, factory exhaust manifolds, factory cats, and an Accufab 'X' pipe. I am using a SCT tuner from Tony at HP-Performance that I further tuned with the Racer package. All of the runs are on my DynoJet 248c.

3.25" pulley averaging 22 psi

3.50" pulley averaging 19.93 psi

How's that for details.

Steve
Thats the kind of information I am looking for. Are those numbers pretty average for the GT with Whipple 3.4L

How much spark are you running up top?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

3.25" pulley averaging 22 psi

3.50" pulley averaging 19.93 psi

How's that for details.

Steve

Hey Steve, do you think you'd gain much at all going to headers /no cats? Would the expense be worth the gains in your opinion "real world"?

Larry

632C2

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2006
Puyallup, WA
How much spark are you running up top?
I added those numbers to the original post.

Empty Pockets said:
Hey Steve, do you think you'd gain much at all going to headers /no cats? Would the expense be worth the gains in your opinion "real world"?

Larry
Larry, those are two really good questions. According to some people that are a whole lot smarter than I am, the headers/no cats will not produce much more - if any - power than I already have. Based on that, the only reasons I would have for putting on headers and running no cats would be from a sound and looks perspective.

Since I live in a county here in Washington that requires smog checks, I will leave the factory exhaust system intact.

Steve

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
My baseline was 534 RWHP STD with 494 ft. lbs torque completely stock.
With the whipple installed over the past weekend it is 713 RWHP and 635 ft. lbs with a VERY conservative tune at the moment. I am concerned about New York phasing in the 10% ethanol content and what that could do. It is already in Mobil gas here. 18.8 pounds of boost, 11.2, adjusted timing back 5 degrees. Can't go pick it up until this storm moves on!

Derry

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I added those numbers to the original post.

Larry, those are two really good questions. According to some people that are a whole lot smarter than I am, the headers/no cats will not produce much more - if any - power than I already have. Based on that, the only reasons I would have for putting on headers and running no cats would be from a sound and looks perspective.

Since I live in a county here in Washington that requires smog checks, I will leave the factory exhaust system intact.

Steve

Your view on the issue is the same as mine, then. I 'figger' there may be 50h.p. or so available by going the additional mile, but, like you I figger keeping the car "sniffer worthy" outweighs that small of a h.p. gain - not to mention the cost/h.p. gained & the "noise" components ( or one's ability to get ANY extra h.p. to the ground on street tires in the 1st place!:lol )

You have the EXACT setup I'm considering. I hope you'll be attending the N.W. "get together" Jeff (et al) have been discussing. I'd like to chat with you a bit about your upgrade(s). Things like: who did the install.

Larry

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Larry

Blackice, the BS was aimed more towards the local car show bench racing.:thumbsup :biggrin

Pockets, on a more serious note, about a 1 1/2 years back a friend and I spent some time on a dyno with both his GT and mine. We did pulls of stock, Borla with cats, Borla without cats, Accufab with cats and Accufab without cats. It proved one thing to me, the stock system works very well. There was about 10hp gain getting rid of the stock box and maybe another 10 loosing the cats. If we're talking about a 150 hp car 18 to 20 additional hp would be a nice addition. If your starting with 530+ hp and the return is 18 hp then I think the heat reduction and sound is a better reason to dump the stock system. Living in Ca. amoung the Smog police it made no sense removing the cats. I took my car to a local smog check (a friend) and ran the car. The car has a KB snout & 2.78, a "H" pipe and MMP tune, it passed the sniffer but God only knows if it will pass the Ca. mandated visual. As for headers I have heard of as much as 70hp gain but I'm skeptical.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Blackice, the BS was aimed more towards the local car show bench racing.:thumbsup :biggrin

Pockets, on a more serious note, about a 1 1/2 years back a friend and I spent some time on a dyno with both his GT and mine. We did pulls of stock, Borla with cats, Borla without cats, Accufab with cats and Accufab without cats. It proved one thing to me, the stock system works very well. There was about 10hp gain getting rid of the stock box and maybe another 10 loosing the cats. If we're talking about a 150 hp car 18 to 20 additional hp would be a nice addition. If your starting with 530+ hp and the return is 18 hp then I think the heat reduction and sound is a better reason to dump the stock system. Living in Ca. amoung the Smog police it made no sense removing the cats. I took my car to a local smog check (a friend) and ran the car. The car has a KB snout & 2.78, a "H" pipe and MMP tune, it passed the sniffer but God only knows if it will pass the Ca. mandated visual. As for headers I have heard of as much as 70hp gain but I'm skeptical.

Ya, I'm considering the Accufab exhaust mainly to get the heat away from the air box & dump the weight (SO I CAN GET BETTER GAS MILEAGE!!!!!!:lol) ...but, lets face it, for the SOUND too!

If I do go the Whipple route, it will be tuned for 92 octane "pump gas" ... so, I'm obviously not going for "max power" in the 1st place. I just want to be able to "surprise" any "Blue Devil" that may show up around these parts one day...should that prove necessary!:wink

(Don't tell anybody, but I'm "this close" to making a deposit on one of those my own darn self! Gadfree! Will my fat be in the fire if the wife finds out about that! :ack )

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005

Larry

The noise would be unbearable. Also gutted cats have shown no real increase.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Ethanol increases in gasoline are good thing for supercharged engines. Increased octane ratings. You may just need some tuning tweeks to take full advatage.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The noise would be unbearable. Also gutted cats have shown no real increase.

Ya, I know, dw. Thanks. I was just referring to the possible H.P. gain one might expect. Too may people here on the Forum have made the same "noise" comment you just made for me to seriously consider the off road exhaust for street use! :thumbsup Thanks for the input just the same, Sir.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.

3.25" pulley averaging 22.86 psi, 21* of timing, 33/67 blend of 92 unleaded pump gas / 101 unleaded race gas

3.50" pulley averaging 19.93 psi, 23* of timing, 50/50 blend of 92 unleaded pump gas / 101 unleaded race gas

How's that for details.

Steve

OK, I'm dumb.

What is the difference between uncorrected, STD and SAE? What is corrected / uncorrected. :willy

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I'm running 1,000,000 horses with power :biggrin

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 361