Hi - New Member with a question

F430spider

Oct 18, 2010
NyC!
Somebody tell him about the Gurney bubble option... it's like y'all are just teasing the new guy.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/search.php?searchid=290875

bad link!

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
That surprises me. That's one tall man to fit in a 44 inch high car.

Here's the thing no one thinks about in the conversation "who fits in a car". It's not just the height, it's the booty. Think about if you were sitting on a phone book, would you fit? Big booty equal less headroom.

F430spider

Oct 18, 2010
NyC!
Guys - I sat in a GT today - I dont know how the guy whos 6 4" fits in that car - I was pretty good inside but my head was almost touching the top of the door - they said I could modify the seat rails to bring it down about 2" - but it is def less headroom than the 430 - but what a car!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...they said I could modify the seat rails to bring it down about 2" ...

:bs

To get 2" you have to remove seat padding.

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
I'm only 5'11 and had to remove seat padding to lower the seat about 1.5" to give me clearance when I wear a helmet. Before I remove the padding, my hair would rub against the headliners so I removed the headliner to give me that a little extra room. It all depends on how close to the steering wheel you want and how long your torso is. But if you want the car bad enough, do the seat cushion and the bubble and you'll be fine. Do a search under my posts, I have pictures of the seat cushion thinned out. Never heard of bringing the rails down 2" though, thought only Vipers have 2" aftermarket seat lowering kits.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
At one point I tired a different seat ( We had 4 we mocked up, Sparco, etc) The tracks on the GT seat are very low. We did not find any extra room with a bolt in solution. The aftermarket track is you want the seat to slide was higher than the GT's, off setting the space we picked up with a thinner pad. I have seen a Kirkey Alum seat that was modified to work, but not the most elegant solution, but good for the track. Bruces' suggestion seams to be the easiest and most cost effective solution I know. Well, short of the Bubble, but I think that was a fairly expense mod at one time. BTW who does the bubble mod now?...Is Saleen still in business for that sort of thing?.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
BTW who does the bubble mod now?...Is Saleen still in business for that sort of thing?.

GTguy does them.

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
Hi - New member to this forum but been around the others... Question - I am a big boy 6 2" 295lbs - I have a few cars that i fit in well - Conti Gt- 997 Turbo - 67 Shelby Gt500and one thats not so great F430 Spider - I have been eyeing a GT for a while now but cant find one to sit in - anyone else on this forum a gorilla like me? Or am I pursuing a "long shot" deal with these cars?

Thanks!!

Im 6 3" 210. Close fit but doable. Have to lean seat back. Not ideal driving position but I'm happy