Heritage w Painted Standard Wheels

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Tim,
Here is a source for the Standard Wheels for the GT.
http://stores.ebay.com/OEM-WHEELS
They come with the Standad Hub Caps as well.
I purchased mine from them.
Better pricing than Ford dealers.
Hope this information helps you out.

Fred

Fred- $2500 for the wheels is $500 more than I paid for mine from a Ford dealer including the center hubcaps. The dealer where I bought my car did give me a discount, but the posted price on the eBay link looks like full retail. Maybe he cut you a better deal?

Tim- I'll look up my paperwork and drop you a PM when I get home.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fred- $2500 for the wheels is $500 more than I paid for mine from a Ford dealer including the center hubcaps. The dealer where I bought my car did give me a discount, but the posted price on the eBay link looks like full retail. Maybe he cut you a better deal?

Tim- I'll look up my paperwork and drop you a PM when I get home.
Hi Chris,
The $2,500 is the "Buy It Now" price.
I used the "Make Offer" option, got them "all in" [Wheels, Hub Caps, Valve Stems, Freight, etc.] with no state Sales Tax delivered for just a "hair" more than you got yours [I do not know what your state sales rate is].
Sounds like we got them for about the same price.
I am really anxious to get mine finished and get them on the machine.
Yours look absolutley beautiful.

Fred

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hi Chris,
The $2,500 is the "Buy It Now" price.
I used the "Make Offer" option, got them "all in" [Wheels, Hub Caps, Valve Stems, Freight, etc.] with no state Sales Tax delivered for just a "hair" more than you got yours [I do not know what your state sales rate is].
Sounds like we got them for about the same price.
I am really anxious to get mine finished and get them on the machine.
Yours look absolutley beautiful.

Fred

I have never used the "Make Offer" button. Damn, I must have overpaid for lots of eBay stuff over the years! :lol :lol

I look forward to seeing some photos of your car when you get the wheels on.
:cheers

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I have the painted optional wheels, and if you look at the "brakes" post you can see what I did with my calipers. Powder coated them matching blue to the car. Jack posted a photo.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GULF GT-

I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of copying Jack's photo and posting it here so no one would have to search for it.

Nice.

Attachments

• gt_rotor_pair.jpg
    gt_rotor_pair.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 156

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I love the look of the brakes! I may just swap out my red brakes for the gray calipers, due to the fact that it would not be an "irreversible" change.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I love the look of the brakes! I may just swap out my red brakes for the gray calipers, due to the fact that it would not be an "irreversible" change.

That sounds like a good option Tim. I'm with you. I think red calipers would clash with the orange wheels.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Mine were gray from the factory, and they were OK with the orange wheels but not anything great. IMO much better is the matching blue to go with the whole coordinated scheme of the car. I agree that red would clash.

Attachments

• Ford GT0012.JPG
    Ford GT0012.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 123

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Got New Wheels Today, Thanks to you guys!

I just used the E-Bay link this morning and made an offer on the OEM 6-spoke wheels, and got them for $2,050. The Buy it now was about $2500. I didn't think that they would accept my offer, but they did. I get them in about a week. Now for the paint question. Do you have color code for the orange so I can get the right paint?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Paint Code

I just used the E-Bay link this morning and made an offer on the OEM 6-spoke wheels, and got them for $2,050. The Buy it now was about $2500. I didn't think that they would accept my offer, but they did. I get them in about a week. Now for the paint question. Do you have color code for the orange so I can get the right paint?

Tim,

Here you go.

Epic Orange Paint: BASF WH731465 - Manufacturer BASF

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3484

Fred

Last edited:

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Fred, You're always there for me! Thanks a bunch! I am pretty sure I will swap calipers to get the red ones on the white car and the gray behind the new orange wheels. I think everyone agrees with this direction!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Caliper Colors

Fred, You're always there for me! Thanks a bunch! I am pretty sure I will swap calipers to get the red ones on the white car and the gray behind the new orange wheels. I think everyone agrees with this direction!

Tim,

You are quite welcome, glad I can be of help.

I am sure you will be VERY happy with that combination.

My Heritage has the gray calipers, I think they look much better on the
Heritage than the red ones.

Fred

timcantwell

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Good News for Me!

I just got a call from the guy who sold me my new standard wheels on E-Bay. It turns out he lives four miles from me. I get to pick them up tomorrow, drop them off at the body shop for paint and save $120 shipping. Life is GRAND!!!! I'll post some pics when they are done and installed. By the way, I am definitately swapping calipers so the red won't clash with the orange wheel. You all seem to agree, thanks for the sound advise!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Good Deal !!

I just got a call from the guy who sold me my new standard wheels on E-Bay. It turns out he lives four miles from me. I get to pick them up tomorrow, drop them off at the body shop for paint and save $120 shipping. Life is GRAND!!!! I'll post some pics when they are done and installed. By the way, I am definitately swapping calipers so the red won't clash with the orange wheel. You all seem to agree, thanks for the sound advise!

:thumbsup

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
here is the original look. Except for the spinners and size pretty darn close.
By the way this is my car.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1988&stc=1&d=1170034769

Attachments

• PA080034crop s.jpg
    PA080034crop s.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 97

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada

Attachments

• PA080028 crp s.JPG
    PA080028 crp s.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 140
  • PA080025cr.JPG
    PA080025cr.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 133
  • PA080023 crp s.JPG
    PA080023 crp s.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 141

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Very nice!!!

Aug 25, 2006
Extremely nice.......

I particulary love her ass

Shadowman

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Chris... Are your wheels powdercoated or just painted?

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mine are painted. I have been told that the heat related to powder coating can weaken the cast wheels. Besides with paint they are easier to touch up if ever needed.

Are you thinking of putting colored wheels on your white/blue?