Heritage w Painted Standard Wheels

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Steve my car is the very first reproduction into Canada. The factory built machine is from CAV, now Auto Futura from South Africa. This past summer I was lucky enough to lead the drivers parade at the Toronto Gran Prix (formerly Molson Indy) and the car was on display at the track all weekend and at the drivers party on the friday night which I attended as well.
The following have been wtth the car --Phil Hill, Ross Bond and Ebbie Marks.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Great looking car. I have been looking into one of the new CAV as well at V.I.P motors in San Diego. They do a great job. I understand the new models are better for people over 6ft.
What motor and trans did you go with?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Chris,
who did the knock offs?
they look great?
cheers,
daniel

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Knock Offs

bony said:
Chris,
who did the knock offs?
they look great?
cheers,
daniel
Bony,
Those are the stock hub caps for the standard wheels.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Steve went with RBT ZF 5 spd, 392 stroker motor windsor block, 48 IDA webers, Victor Jr alum heads. Posted a few pics today of the old and new. Take a look. This car is EXTREMELY FAST!!!
By the way finding it very hard to post pics into the gallery. Won't take most of what I try.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I too believe the ZF is the way to go. Nice job on using the webers as well. A 4 barrel just doesn't cut it on those cars. Do you know what type of fuel system JW used in 68' & 69'?
Is the car quicker than the GT? Have you dynoed it?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
06fordgt said:
car looks great!! The painted wheels really add to it. Also I think the horseshoes were on the right side of the car.

I think they were installed on both sides of the '60's cars though maybe not all of them. I have them on both sides of mine.

STORMCAT said:
Looks great !! Now you have to title that thing so you can drive it !!! : )

Don't need no stinkin' title to drive it...just a spare plate. :wink
Actually I have reserved "ITSTHE1" for my plate.

Spirit-

Thanks for posting the photo of your car. What's that on the rear of your car above and to the left of the left tail light?

bony said:
Chris, who did the knock offs? they look great?
cheers,
daniel

Like Spirit said, they are the stock hubcaps that come with the OEM wheels. Pretty cheap at about $30 each. I am pretty happy with how they look so I won't be changing to anything else.

M

Mark O

jasper said:
best looking heritage i've seen :thumbsup

I agree

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I Like all the pics on this thread. The wheels complete your car. The cav is the next want of mine in heritage of course. I e-mailed an inquiry a while ago and have never received a response. Oh well, I'll try again after the holidays

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
tmstunts#1233 said:
I Like all the pics on this thread. The wheels complete your car. The cav is the next want of mine in heritage of course. I e-mailed an inquiry a while ago and have never received a response. Oh well, I'll try again after the holidays

TIM, you got a PM :biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Item Above The Tail Light?

Florida Chris said:
Spirit-

Thanks for posting the photo of your car. What's that on the rear of your car above and to the left of the left tail light?

Chris,
The item I think you are referring to is a Special Edition badge.
It is a genuine Ford part; however, I do not know the part number nor the year and model it originally came out on.
Put it on to do a little visual "personalization" of the machine [as with some of the other graphics].

Fred

Attachments

• Ford_Gulf_Heritage_4small.jpg
    Ford_Gulf_Heritage_4small.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 245

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Tim you got a PM.

Aug 4, 2006
it looks great chris, wish it was at my CAR SHOW on the 3rd! oh well you can make it up by bringing it to the next PBMC meeting!

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Beautiful car

The “lucky” horseshoes were on a number of the original Gulf GT40s. You will see them if you look close in some of the old period photographs. I saw them on John Gourley’s Heritage at the Detroit Rally and loved them.

Oh, and the yellow Dancing Moose I first saw on Cobrar’s (Rex’s) car also at the Detroit Rally. They are static cling and I put them on occasionally to kid around with the local F-car guys. They are not period authentic. First used by Volvo I believe.

What a great looking car the painted stocker wheels loo great. But I just gotta get a set of those Yellow Dancing Mooses to put on the cessna to bug my partner and his snobery about his F-car. Could you please send me th place to get some.
FLY GT40:thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What a great looking car the painted stocker wheels loo great. But I just gotta get a set of those Yellow Dancing Mooses to put on the cessna to bug my partner and his snobery about his F-car. Could you please send me th place to get some.
FLY GT40:thumbsup

Another forum member gave me a set of the prancing moose stickers after the Detroit rally, but here is a site where I believe you can order them:

http://bartonharness.com/VolvoPrancingMoose.html

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Another forum member gave me a set of the prancing moose stickers after the Detroit rally, but here is a site where I believe you can order them:

http://bartonharness.com/VolvoPrancingMoose.html

Thanks Chris:thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Chris,

Tell me again where you got your wheels so I can order a set. I am concerned about my red calipers clashing with the orange. One idea I had was to switch the gray calipers from the white car. I think the red calipers on the white blue look good. I can always switch them back out if I sell one or the other down the road.

Tim

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Chris,

Tell me again where you got your wheels so I can order a set. I am concerned about my red calipers clashing with the orange. One idea I had was to switch the gray calipers from the white car. I think the red calipers on the white blue look good. I can always switch them back out if I sell one or the other down the road.

Tim

Morning Tim,
I have red calipers on my white with blue side stripes and like the look.
Merry Christmas,
daniel

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Source for GT Standard Wheels with Caps

Chris,

Tim
Tim,
Here is a source for the Standard Wheels for the GT.
http://stores.ebay.com/OEM-WHEELS
They come with the Standad Hub Caps as well.
I purchased mine from them.
Better pricing than Ford dealers.
Hope this information helps you out.

Fred

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They currently have wheels on e-bay.