Heritage Delivery Experience w Photos

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I took delivery of my new Heritage today, #1714, one of the last forty US cars made. I picked up the car at a very small dealership in Canton Illinois. Coincidently Canton is about 25 miles from the small farming town that both of my parents grew up in and a number of my present relatives still live in.

Anyway, this was a big event in Canton. Many people from around town dropped by to look at the car. When we went to fuel it for the first time it took close to an hour given all the questions from everyone that kept stopping by. At the end of the day the local newspaper got wind of the big event in town and sent a photographer to shoot some pictures. It would not surprise me if the delivery made the front page in tomorrow’s local paper.

The dealer’s senior mechanic performed the PDI right on the showroom floor if you can believe that. The folks at the dealership (Coleman Ford) were fantastic as well as enthusiastic. I spent a good part of the day giving folks rides. It is absolutely amazing the good will that this car produces. EVERYBODY loves it. I felt like a Ford ambassador.

Around lunch time all the employees gathered around the car for a photo opportunity. They plan to blow up the group photo for display the showroom. At the end of the day Gary Almond picked up the car for the return to Florida. What a great day! You just have to love the honest friendliness and total lack of cynicism in small town America.

Photos attached.

Heritage001Medium.jpg

Heritage004Medium.jpg

Heritage014Medium.jpg

Heritage027Medium.jpg

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
Small dealership indeed. Sounds like an amazing day!

I've lived in small towns like that, so I see my old town when you tell the story, I visualize that story so easy.

Well congrats on the new GT and the great day that went along with it!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wow that is a tiny tiny dealership. :eek That's awesome you got a chance to get it there instead of some big box megadealership! I assume this is gonna be the collectors item?

And what are you talking about? You are an ambassador for Ford. 2 GT's, GT500...:thumbsup

Aug 25, 2006
Congradulation !!

Curious;

What are the last 4 numbers of the vin associated with the last US car built?

Shadowman

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Congrats on the heritage. Seems we have the same taste... White w/blue and Heritage. Only I don't have the heritage yet :ack

GARY J

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2006
Awesome! Gary A is transporting a car for me as soon as he drops yours off. Congrats on the new ride! :cheers

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Congrats Chris! That's awesome! You should try to get a copy of the newspaper article. It's always great to have a story associated with the car.

BTW. That is the smallest dealer I have ever seen. How did you ever find that gem there?

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Florida Chris said:
I took delivery of my new Heritage today, #1714, one of the last forty US cars made.

My photographic memory tells me I have footage of that car while we were going through wixom, I'll have to review the tape :wink

Shadowman said:
Congradulation !!

Curious;

Shadowman

Here is a picture of 1870 heritage (on the left) and 1868 heritage (on the right). Fred said 1869 was suppost to be in there as well (a tungsten car?) but I never saw it. I was running around like a madman trying to find these on the Saturday tour through Wixom. Needless to say, they had these cars done very early for their VIN #'s...

index.php

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
50 BMG said:
I think I have footage of that car while we were going through wixom, I'll have to review the tape :wink

Hang on I have a picture of the last three in the cage at Wixom...

10-4.... standing by

Shadowman

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Shadowman said:
Congradulation !!

Curious;

Shadowman

I recieved it along with it's twin today

Aug 25, 2006
scode said:

1870..... this I assume was the last USA GT and then the ??? built for Canada. I was curuious as to where mine fell into the final days.

Thank you

Shadowman

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Shadowman said:
1870..... this I assume was the last USA GT and then the ??? built for Canada. I was curuious as to where mine fell into the final days.

Thank you

Shadowman

1870 = final US VIN. IIRC 1868-1870 all had mc intosh deletes as well. Check my previous post for the picture.

Just to give you an idea about ??? Canada...during the Thursday stroll through Troy, Saleen had a VIN # 2054 that was heritage.

Last edited:

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
50 BMG said:
My photographic memory tells me I have footage of that car while we were going through wixom, I'll have to review the tape :wink

Here is a picture of 1870 heritage (on the left) and 1868 heritage (on the right). Fred said 1869 was suppost to be in there as well (a tungsten car?) but I never saw it. I was running around like a madman trying to find these on the Saturday tour through Wixom. Needless to say, they had these cars done very early for their VIN #'s...

index.php

I will have ask Denby whose those others belong to

Aug 25, 2006
scode said:

Thanks again

Shadowman

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Shadowman said:
Thanks again

Shadowman

Any time :cheers

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
DBK said:
Wow that is a tiny tiny dealership. :eek That's awesome you got a chance to get it there instead of some big box megadealership! I assume this is gonna be the collectors item?

Yeah Dave, this one will not get any mods and not many miles. #786 White will see a pulley and tune soon. Probably run over to Heffner next month since the Sebring/GT guys event doesn't look like it's going to work out.

tmstunts#1233 said:
Congrats on the heritage. Seems we have the same taste... White w/blue and Heritage. Only I don't have the heritage yet :ack

Good luck in your search. There are a few Heritages out there. Autotrader is your friend.

GARY J said:
Awesome! Gary A is transporting a car for me as soon as he drops yours off. Congrats on the new ride! :cheers

He mentioned he was headed to Sarasota to pick up a GT. I was wondering who's car it was. Gary said he has been moving more GTs than anything else over the past couple of months since he put his banner up on this site.

ROCMAN said:
BTW. That is the smallest dealer I have ever seen. How did you ever find that gem there?

They had it listed on Autotrader.com. I negotiated the deal last month shortly after the Detroit Rally.

50 BMG said:

My Heritage was at Saleen when we were there on Thursday. It was transported to Wixom on Friday and was at Wixom when we were there for the tour on Saturday. Bummer I didn't know it was going to be my car at the time. Wish I could find a photo taken during one of those tours.

As for the high VIN cars in your photo, I believe these cars belong to some VIPs (last names of Ford and Shelby). Just speculation on my part, but I believe they have been completed for some time, but were being held "unreleased" so they can be recorded as the last few cars built. With a name like Ford or Shelby it tends to bring some clout, no?

Maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm? Scode????

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great thread, happy for you Chris...enjoy :biggrin

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Florida Chris said:
My Heritage was at Saleen when we were there on Thursday. It was transported to Wixom on Friday and was at Wixom when we were there for the tour on Saturday. Bummer I didn't know it was going to be my car at the time. Wish I could find a photo taken during one of those tours.

As for the high VIN cars in your photo, I believe these cars belong to some VIPs (last names of Ford and Shelby). Just speculation on my part, but I believe they have been completed for some time, but were being held "unreleased" so they can be recorded as the last few cars built. With a name like Ford or Shelby it tends to bring some clout, no?

Maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm? Scode????

I specifically remember zooming in on the white paper on the clamshell that read 1714 on Saturday. Which is ironic I paused for that car, as far as individual cars we were only getting footage of the 4 cars we found throught Wixom w/Mac deletes. Your car was parked at the end of the water test machine, opposite side of the walkway.

As for 1869, someone from Ford (without the last name Shelby or Ford) was suppost to get it but I heard said person backed out on the car and it wound up at/for Galpin.

I wonder if Shelby got consecutive VIN's on the 8 (or however many) cars he ordered?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, the last three cars are for Edsel Ford, Sonny Ford, and the third guy did in fact back out because he got a GT500. Kind of a wildly different car, no? Makes you go hmm...:skep

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Congratulations, Chris! What a fun day! :cheers