Help!

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
My husband is going to kill me for doing this but: He (HiloDave) made all arrangements to go to the rally but the shipping company didn't load his GT for the trip to California because of a hurricane and he just found out yesterday. He has all his reservations including for the drive from California to Texas via Arizona, hotel reservations, plane reservations, etc. Heck, he is even all packed. Will anybody out there rent him a GT so he can go and have fun as planned. He goes every year and I don't want to put up with his grouchy self if he doesn't get to go. So somebody PLEASE HELP ME and rent this man a GT?

Please!

Patti, Foxy, Wiggles, Barkley and Copy.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Possibly one of the saddest posts in history. I think we should take up a collection and buy him a GT.

If my GT had 3 seats, HiloDave would get one.

We need you here HiloDave!

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I can't help with a rental but sure hope Dave can make it.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Please PM me. I may be able to help you get it flown over on short notice....

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
PM me Hilo. I got you a ride!!!

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
PM me Hilo. I got you a ride!!!

What a gentleman Mike! Now that is Southern Hospitality!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Dave,

You don't need a GT to go to the Rally. My GT developed an annoying whine in the trans that bugged me during our drive through Europe and it's still with the GT Guy's in Michigan. I'll be driving my Shelby GT to the Rally and it won't effect my enjoyment one bit. There will be others in attendance without their GT so rent a Mustang or whatever and get your butt over here!!

Chip

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Those pesky hurricanes ruin everything. Dave can come without his GT if that's what needs to be done! If the boat won't go can Dave use the airline for shipping his GT like AlohaGT ?

Ed

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Thanks guys, for the suggestions and sympathy. I think I tried everything possible to re-schedule the shipment. Kelvin even got me a special price on air shipping but the schedules just didn't work.

Getting there is half the fun, and getting back is pretty awesome too, so I don't want to go without my car.

I know this will be the best Rally ever because each one has been more fun than the last.

Aloha,

Dave

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks guys, for the suggestions and sympathy. I think I tried everything possible to re-schedule the shipment. Kelvin even got me a special price on air shipping but the schedules just didn't work.

Getting there is half the fun, and getting back is pretty awesome too, so I don't want to go without my car.

I know this will be the best Rally ever because each one has been more fun than the last.

Aloha,

Dave
Rent a Hertz Mustang !! They'll be more rare than a GT at this event !! Come to the rally Buddy !!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Come on Dave! We want you there for sure. Always more fun when you're there.

Vince H

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
come on

Really how can we not have this

Attachments

• iphonegkw 734.jpg
    iphonegkw 734.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 159

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Rally XI wont be the same without you Dave.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You've got to come Dave

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Is this April 1st? Dave, please come no matter what. We will all help out no matter what. I can steal a silver GT from DBTGT.

Lady Moose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 28, 2016
Dave,
it may not be the same without your GT, but it will be worth it!! You can't miss out! Just think of all the drinks everyone will buy you because you made it!

Rent a car and when possible, ride shotgun in a GT. You won't regret it if you do, you will regret it if you don't!
Lady Moose.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Hilo,

I have an empty seat for Sunday's rally. Get on over to the mainland. Us "howlies" are nice folk. Bring Ed and his "Spam-can-mobile" also!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ill be in a Mustang doing burn outs!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Dave, having done Rally 8, as well as the pre & post rallies, in a Mustang convertible rental, I have to admit it would have been more fun in the GT. (the only rally I didn't bring it)

With that being said, I still had a blast and wouldn't have missed it.

If you come in a convertible, I'll bring you a hat to wear so you don't burn your head ;)

Jeff

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
To all of my encouraging GT-friends;

I really appreciate the kind words and sympathy but I have already cancelled all of my reservations and told my ride along (a high school buddy - yes, they had high schools in the U.S. in 1956) that we will have to wait a another year.

Enjoy the Rally (as if there was a chance you wouldn't) and have a drink on Dr. Frank's bar tab. See you next year.

Aloha,

Dave