Heffner Pulley/Tune Video

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Chris is that with the baffles or without?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Very nice...wow

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chris, how about the other 2 GTs? One with a pulley another with the Whipple and the 3rd with a TT?

The Heritage will stay stock. At the moment it is on MSO and not even registered.

The Midnight Blue will probably stay stock...that is unless the white car sees a twin turbo at some point. Then the blue one would get the pulley and tune.

You know how these things go. Ask me again in six months. :wink

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm impressed. I want to see it in person in April. Sounded very, very nice.

Note to Manny: carry jar of tacks to even up the field.

Frank

Looking forward to your visit in April. Happy to show it to you them.

Actually Manny already pulled me when we were in Detroit. I am just trying to keep up with him. Oh, and a jar of tacks will only slow Manny down. You know...the extra weight and all.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chris is that with the baffles or without?

The video is without the baffles. I am still planning to try the car out with the baffles when Jason makes a set up and sends them to me. I'll post my impressions once I give them a try.

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
Future wet dream...Wrong Coast :thumbsup
BTW...White is the fastest color :lol

Ripper 02

Permanent Vacation
Aug 16, 2006
Texas
Dyno Video

Give it a second to load. It's a high res copy.

Great Camera Work Gary :thumbsup !!!!!!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Sounds great Chris! :thumbsup

Note to self... Race Chris at the CA rally using Bony's newly whippled beast & pursuade Manny to come to both Indy & the '07 rally. :banana

Hey... I'm planning to be at the rally. There is no convincing needed. As for Indy- - well my patients (fruits & vegetables) need me. Some of us need to keep the economy going while all you guys are bumming around:thumbsup

Manny

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Chris
So how do you manage the new found power? I can't keep the stock power under control in 1st and sometimes even after shifting to second?

Manny

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Manny, he also increased the size of his cajones.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chris
So how do you manage the new found power? I can't keep the stock power under control in 1st and sometimes even after shifting to second?

Manny

Well, your never put your foot to the floor in first gear for one. That is, unless you want to smell burning rubber. Second gear breaks loose fairly easily as well. Temperatures have been pretty high here in Florida the past few days as you know, so traction has been good. I am sure cold roads/tires will take on new meaning.

The guys running Whipples must sure be deft with their right foot to stay hooked up.

Oh, and Frank, I am just compensating for other shortcomings...:biggrin

lthlvpr

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
What did your car baseline at before the dyno? Did you end up picking up about 100-110rwhp with the 93 Octane tune?

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Down right dangerous!

The whipple in 40 degrees , is a real adventure,Cool for drifting! just when you
really don"t want to.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What did your car baseline at before the dyno? Did you end up picking up about 100-110rwhp with the 93 Octane tune?

I did not baseline before the mod. My understanding is the 93 tune gives 90-100 hp increase.

Jason's SCT tuner comes with three tunes; the 93 which I am running, a 91 octane tune to run that water they call "premium" in California, and a 100 octane tune. When I head to the rally in LA this August it'll be no problem to upload the 91 tune.

The 100 octane tune is supposed to be worth 20 more hp.

I'm saving the 100 octane tune for when I run Manny.:biggrin

Lew

GT Owner
Nov 9, 2006
South Florida
New Pulley / Tune

Well, the South FLorida get together at the Tower Shoppes motivated me to get a new pulley and tune (Gordon, thanks for bringing that box of new toys). I had a 2.8" installed and tuned yesterday, and the best car on the road is now even better.

I agree with you Chris, you can't floor it in 1st in the power band -- the wheels start to spin pretty easily. 2nd seems fine. I'll be reaquainting my right foot for the next few rides.

Time for a new exhaust... ???

-Lew

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I'm saving the 100 octane tune for when I run Manny.:biggrin

Jason must've done a really good job if you think you stand a chance against Manny! I've ridden w/him. :lol But I'd pay to watch that!! :banana Can't wait to see the difference! The ride looks sharp (now I need another ride w/you to compare). :biggrin

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
1418 Grudge Race

I was beside you and Manny in Detroit when the fun began (and ended quickly).
Can I watch from behind as I'm sure I can't keep up now....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Interesting thread, I had the Heffner tune and pulley with the accufab x pipe before I went Whipple with the soon to be installed stainless headers and cats. But,... my tune was for Kalifornia Kool-aid 91 octaine. Taking dyno differences into consideration, Chris is pulling about 20 rwhp with the 93 octaine tune, huge difference.

But, as I often write, I have observed huge difference between one dyno and another. Only the before and afters on the same car within hours really matter to me...

Needless to say, I have been impressed with HEFFNER's products and service.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I just got my car back from Heffner with the Whipple installed and the car baselined at 518 hp with just an Accufab. After the Whipple and tune he got 732 hp on 93 octane. These were uncorrected numbers and I haven't had a chance to talk to him about what that means in the real world but I'm looking forward to seeing what it means in my world!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I just got my car back from Heffner with the Whipple installed and the car baselined at 518 hp with just an Accufab. After the Whipple and tune he got 732 hp on 93 octane. These were uncorrected numbers and I haven't had a chance to talk to him about what that means in the real world but I'm looking forward to seeing what it means in my world!

Welcome to the Club, don't tell anyone about our secret handshake:lol Tell us more, what else did Jason do for your gal?