Verona, WI
On order!
Cool...with who?!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Scott - that's the set I spoke to you about last weekend!

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Cool...with who?!
Looking forward to driving on your product! Kendall speaks very highly and of course lots of positive reviews here.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Great! Is this Charlie?!

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I just installed 4 new Ahlman shocks today and I think I set a record:

Four smashed bloody knuckles or finger segments! That’s only one per shock!

Last edited:
Reactions: PL510*Jeff

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I am sure your daughter can fix you up.

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I just installed 4 new Ahlman shocks today and I think I set a record:

Four smashed bloody knuckles or finger segments! That’s only one per shock!
Ummm, Barry, I think you are doing something wrong! lol

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Ummm, Barry, I think you are doing something wrong! lol
No, you are wrong. I am sure that there are four shock absorbers. And you should know that.

Reactions: extrap

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Scott’s shocks are simply the very best period.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I have a RIGHT REAR fully extended, frozen....I am looking to replace all 4 but am unsure which way to go...I have the T&A lowering perches, and want to keep the car lowered...

Not sure if I want to go OEM or high performance aftermarket....suggestions welcome!

I am hesitant to drive the car as is, as I don't want to break the arms...so time is of the essence!

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
If you go OEM it'll probably be 10 years old and seized. Go Alhman and be done.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Yah, I just reached out to them on their site...want to know if I need to go 2 or 4 way for the street only...and I am lowered and want to stay lowered.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Scott can answer all your questions, and you can stay lowered. You will love the enhancement, and wonder why you didnt do it sooner.

Reactions: FBA

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
Yah, I just reached out to them on their site...want to know if I need to go 2 or 4 way for the street only...and I am lowered and want to stay lowered.
Sounds good...I did not see anything from our website...there must be an issue with my site.

~95% of my Ford GT customers (~60 sets over 6 years) go with the SL-1 two way package with the car lowered 0.75" on average up to 1" for some. More linear/direct steering, more consistent and less balance change through the corner, better rough road grip and as good or better ride than stock. You will be more connected to your FGT. More confident. And even over 50,000 miles on them by Larson have not required rebuild...we dyno'd them and the curves were the same as new.

My customer's feel one click difference (compression and rebound) and do that few minute adjustment (increasing...more damping) at all four corners if they head to the track.

My email is sahlman@ahlmaneng.com. Let me know if you would like to order a set! Or have more questions. Glad to talk.

Reactions: analogdesigner

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
E-mail sent Scott!

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
As a follow up, I recently replaced my rear shocks due to the leakage getting worse. I looked at Ford NOS and at several 3rd party performance manufacturers. I ultimately went with the Ford NOS. Reasons? 1) kept the car stock, both in parts and appearance; 2) price - Ford was priced considerably less than the 3rd Party companies; 3) after reading the concerns of NOS aging, I decided to see what dates were on the shocks when they arrived and would send them back if they were more than 5-6 years old. The parts sent were dated 05/18. I have been pleased with look and performance so far. FYI

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Another reason to use Ahlman's Ohlins shocks. They will be fresh, and are a better long term solution, as they are serviceable down the road (they can be rebuilt).

Added bonus, that they ride better also.

Kendall, I know you know this already, I was just adding my 2c on the topic.
Totally agree! None better ! Best upgrade you can do!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Totally agree! None better ! Best upgrade you can do!

My car is definitely running smoother down the road with the 2-way Ahlman’s. A more planted and solid feel.